"That difficult second album" which actually proved to be better than the first...

"That difficult second album" which actually proved to be better than the first. Normal mode: the first album has to be good too, so the likes of Radiohead don't count. Pic related

Arguable whether it's better than &Nico, but I'd say it fits

our queen

late registration, good kid m.a.a.d city,
it is better. i fucking hated &nico and i actually enjoyed that one.

There's a lot of debate about MM's first 3 albums and where they rank compared to each other, but I think most people would agree with the second album masterpiece

>not counting Nostalgia, Ultra as his first album

I wouldn't really say LCW is more "difficult" than Long Drive

I'd rank them in chronological order. But it's a hard choice between Long Drive and LCW

Idk if it counts as this was released as a double album, but i think use your illusion 2 is better than appetite, also diary of a madman was ozzys best.

I don't care if you're baiting, I agree.

i missread the title and didn't see "better than the first"
although danse is a super rewarding listen and I wouldnt say one is better than the other because they are almost apples and oranges but id say danse is just as magical as spirit.

At least I believed it was better for years after it came out.

better than the first but not as challenging

Obvious

I think they're both pretty challenging albums tbqh

section.80>GKMC>TPAB

LCW and Long Drive are my top 2 albums but I switch between which one is better.

I think you're confusing greater than and less than symbols, user.

This has actually proven to not only be my favorite Frank album, but one of my favorite albums in general. Its perfect in every way.

That isn't his first album.

hey

Fuck I meant second.

same. i was listening to it yesterday after not listening to it for a couple of weeks & the emotional response is still just as strong. but that aside, it's objectively perfect. the only track i feel meh about is facebook story.

he's been on a downward spiral since his s/t

does sophomore slump even apply to artists who've released 3 great EPs before their first LP anyway?

Haha, I took difficult to mean "hard to follow up a critically acclaimed first album with an even better second album".

Never thought about accessibility..

First one sucks pal

though I feel like that sophomore slump thing only really applies to artists popular enough to have a substantial public with expectations from them

Much more daring. Letting Brian take the lead on a bunch of songs as well as nearly half the album being instrumentals, The Beach Boys really expanded their territory with this one.

>tfw ill never be an early beach boys patrician, and at best i just know most songs on all summer long

Nostalgia ultra is a mixtape and Endless doesn't really count

Oh, maybe that actually is it, idk

easy peasy

That's a EP

GKMC>TPAB>S.80

You know it's true.

No, it's a mixtape.

Seventeen Seconds by The Cure.

actually just wrong

the instrumental in facebook story is so good tho

thats their third album

this album is plen mode

Definitely more "difficult" that PHM, but definitely better.

satan trips confirm album of the decade.

I want to agree, but write with your ass...

honestly this 100%. besides no makeup that is

Sorry m8, im really stoned.

Couldn't agree more

this

this is an obvious one people

on point

Contrarian assholes

toughest call between long drive and LCW

Nah the closer is lack luster. Not perfect

cmon guys

This thread is fucking easy

Love this album

absolutely

it's as good as CD but not better.

It's the exact same.

SILY is a 10

Wildflower is about a 6

They're both pretty close desu

>exmilitary
>album

If you think anything about FJM is "difficult" you probably should let your Starbucks latte cool down a little bit more before voicing any opinion you have about that shitty fucking artist

how is wlwh contrarian? it's a widely loved and praised album.

Fucking Savage.

My nigga

WLWH is better than TVUAN

Congratulations is considered their best album