It wasn't THAT bad

It wasn't THAT bad

Pacing was. Well, it was in a rush wasn't it? Oh Look,it's a seed,no wait, a bud, no wait, now it's a spro...nope, it's a small twig...no, it's a bit bigger, now it's shade?

Yeah.. it was.

>really bad human character acting
>horribly fast pacing

a director's cut might actually be a decent flick, apparently they had to cut like 45min from the runtime and there's probably MUCH better pacing in those 45 missing minutes.
wont fix the bad acting though

Who's the superior green waifu?

It was GOOD.

Too much talking. Director should have asked them to say things differently. Slower maybe. Movie was rushed.
It felt like some one edited every cut scene from a wow game.

No stupid dollar store fangs with Gamora, but Paula Patton >>> Zoe any day.

it seems like early in development they were told they had a roughly 2.5 hour runtime, so they did that if a little longer

then some fuckass focus group said "no it has to be 2 hours!!111!!"

Left, shed let you punch her and things

I thought the humans lived on lordaeron?

Suprised Robin hasn't killed himself yet, over fucking that up so hard.

not on the first war, they flee to Lordaeron after Stormwind is destroyed

that's after the events of WC1 when the orcs BTFO Stormwind and the humans need to fuck off

Robin? What?

Robin Thicke

Studios are poisonous to what's shown, sometimes.

>sometimes
all the time
basically every movie ever made by a large studio had to be dumbed down for a larger audience and became worse as a result

Movie would have been shit even if it 30m longer.

isn't she with some blonde midget now? I thought I saw a pic of her and him in a tv thread recently?

I agree, it's actually pretty good. Better than TFA, BvS, and Apoc.

We need to be rid of these dinosaurs. Only then could we make truly inspirational art.

they aren't wrong though, they're catering to general audiences which give them money

however i'm liking how rotten tomatoes is actually having a noticeable effect on ticket sales these days, people are more cautious movie goers and will wait for the RT Score. If this trend continues studios might actually have to make GOOD movies to get money

Didn't see it because I have too much self-respect.

You can torrent it

Keep telling yourself that

Why did you put sage in the name field?

Those are two separate kingdoms.

Sage goes in every field

dude had big head mode turned on

also, what the fuck is that guy doing wobbling around in the foreground?

I hope they at least try. At the very least Try. But with people like Amy Pascal lying around, it'll be a while.

I'm amazed by the terrible acting of Khadgar, the absolute cheesiness of some deaths/emotion, the fight at the end that lasted 10 seconds with the good ol between the legs , and the just god awful acting of humans. The orcs did everything okay except mild cheesiness and downplaying the opinions of the orcs.

Fire Khadgar, bring in shamans, make it rated-R, get rid of Llane's fucking helmet, and stop being bad.

:/

2/10 movie, just awful

I'd venture so far as to say it was fucking amazing.

Those tribal drums coming in at the opening were so fucking satisfying. I'll admit the pacing was pretty shit (the opening act was Exposition Central, and pretty much everything up to and including Lothar's kid's death felt kinda clunky and mishandled), but holy fuck when it finds it's footing near the end of the second act, I was fucking wide-eyed smiling. Durotan fighting Guldan, that final battle where humans are fighting orcs, it was all just such perfectly executed fantasy that I couldn't help but love it.

It did feel like it was sequelbaiting, especially with the opening and the ending with the floating baby (I've heard his name is Thrall or something?). The movie should have tried to focus more on the right then, I think, tell a self-contained story that could then be expanded upon.

Man, though...when shit worked it worked like a motherfucker. Kinda like how I felt about BvS, except I had no previous attachment to the source so I had less expectations. Plus, more stuff worked here.

Also, the action in the Orc Fights was fucking BRUTAL. Hard to believe a lot of that ended up being PG-13.

>(I've heard his name is Thrall or something?)

Also, I read your points. Glad you share my opinions, despite never being a fan of Warcraft.

Did you know Thrall is one of the most well written characters in Warcraft? His entire arc is a godamn Jesus-esque pilgrimage throughout the world and his tribe.

So get excited for a sequel. If you loved the shit in this movie, you're gonna love the next ones.

Other than Llane's actor, Draka's death, and the final Blackhand fight I thought it was good. The first encounter with the orcs in the woods and the Durotan vs. Gul'dan fights in particular were really good.

Sup Forums will hate it anyway, just because.

so are Ner'zhul and Grom in this movie?

Grom is in the background of a few scenes and Ner'zhul isn't in it at all.

Well, I'm fuckin' hype. I really don't see how the critics were so off-base here.

I partially blame it on being a Video Game adaptation (doomed to fail). Also the Lothar/Garona romance made me want to rip someone's eyes out.

>stormwind is burning in the poster
>never burns in the movie

>Guldan taking off his cloak and revealing those crazy ass fucking bones
>Durotan breaking off one of the bones
>Guldan using that Fel magic and ripping out his fucking soul

I was hype literally the entire time and I didn't even care much about Warcraft before this.

also, in the upcoming sequels, here are the arcs you're hopefully going to get

>a paladin's fall from grace, in an attempt to save the world he loses his soul.
>three races of old and new joining forces, putting aside differences to save the world from a demonic alien threat
>the orcs, led by thrall, travelling through distant lands in order to seek out a destiny. throughout their journey, they try to free themselves from bloodlust against humans and their morals conflicting with their tribal traditions

i seriously hope they dont fuck this up. i just wish.

who was the skull-mask Orc from the trailer? I assumed it was Nerzhul

Just a random Laughing Skull orc. There are dozens of random orcs you see with similar masks.

>It wasn't THAT bad
Are we gonna rationalize like this for every shit movie?

Look, Warcraft geeks, I know you want to like this movie because it has Orcs. But don't settle for piss-poor pacing and melodrama just because it has Orcs in it.

This is not videokino and it's not the dawn of a new trend. Try cracking $100 million domestic then we'll talk.

>Stormwind in exterior shots
>Never see Stormwind much outside the throne room, war room and dungeon
Nice world building, chumps.

My thoughts exactly. It's not a Fury Road but it's not BvS either. Hyped as fuck for sequel, chinabros will save it.

With a 32 at Metacritic, I can say I expected way worse. Movie felt too rushed and the acting wasn't very good, though.

This along with the retcons are my biggest gripe s.

The first act and its exposition felt so goddamn rushed I was worried the gf wouldnt be able to follow along.

Luckily she isnt a moron so she was able to keep up. She was still shaky on Medivhs motivations though.

I wasnt about to explain Sargeras, Aegwynn and all that to her on the drive home so I just bought a copy of the Last Guardian instead.

oldschool wow player here. dropped a while after cata. just now trying WoD

Its good eye candy, but the largest problem is that this is clearly made for fans. Pacing really is shitty. The score is half-assed too, which is really sad. I had expected more.

The closest thing i can compare this to is anime movies that are hodge podge versions of a tv series that normally is 20-30 episodes long. Theres too many assumptions made, shoe-horned relations and motivations, lack of supporting complimentary sub-story arcs...

I cant say that I wasnt smiling at certain parts. Initial Durotan/Draka dialogue was enjoyable. To be quite honest, I could have very much enjoyed the movie if the humans were a VERY small sub-element and this was entirely about the orcs.

I seriously doubt the directors cut with an additional..what..20? 30 minutes? is going to make up for this. If i were more critical, I'd say this felt like Warcraft the Fanfiction The Movie.

Take your pills.

How many fucking sequels until arthas? And did this shit flop?

Aren't thrall and arthas in the same era? But then I thought Lothar was like a legendary ancient king

Lothar died in the Second War, well before Arthas and Thrall's time.

I'm not a warcraft player, so I went in with low expectations. It wasn't good, but it wasn't any worse than any of the Marvel films lately.

This. Also better than Jackson's Hobbit movies with their copy paste cgi. How the fuck did it get a lower score than those movies? Was it the stigma of being a videogame nerd movie?

I wholeheartedly believe that it being based on a Video Game singlehandedly killed this movie.

It doesn't help, especially with the track record of video game based movies and the public's perception of WoW and it's fanbase.
Jones kept the somewhat cartoonish look from Warcraft when designing the Alliance, to his credit. To everyone else who has never played WoW or Warcraft, which would be 99% of the RT critics, it probably looked out of place and cheesy.
I think that was the movie's greatest failure- people would see it without understanding the context of what they were watching.

That's true.

I really only played a little WoW, took it like a week to download on my computer for some reason but it was pretty hype for the short time I did play it. I realized a little while ago that I fucking hate playing MMORPGs though. Have to devote too much time and effort, both of which I plum don't have.

That is the biggest failure of MMOs, the grind. At least with WoW vanilla and TBC they used lore and a changing storyline to make it interesting.

first 30 minutes has bad pacing but its an ok movie.

You know what, I'm just sad that this movie got bombed to hell in RT. Right now all fantasy movies - comic books, videogames or whatever high fantasy movie will always be compared to marvel quipshits for it to succeed. it has to :

a) light hearted
b) quippy
c) no heavy intellectual themes

or it will deemed not fun by the masses. BvS has its flaws but overall was a good movie, can't wait for Director's cut (i wish to see Snyder's 4 hour cut though) and Warcraft although has some serious pacing issues in the first 30 minutes is an overall enjoyable movie. but no, its deemed unfun and bad since it did not adhere to marvel's quipshit

fuck this shit. there's no variety in movies anymore today. if LoTR was shown today it would get destroyed in RT as well

MORE WORK?

I think Blizzard's got good ideas but doesn't know how to use them.

I mean, take Overmeme for example. A friend recently pointed out to me that the lore in that is fucking spectacular, but in-game you really don't get much beyond "colorful powered killers kill each other in battles of 6v6".

Not that there's anything wrong with that (hey TF2 survived off the exact same thing) but it feels like Overwatch has an insane amount of potential as a standalone story piece (as evidenced by the shorts.

If they'd just put a damn singleplayer/open-world mode in there...

I wouldn't say it was good but it was pretty comfy to watch once. Saw it with a friend and we had a good time.

I haven't played Overwatch so the story is lost on me, but if the game is a MOBA (is it?) then lore really isn't that important, at least not as important as it would be for an mmo.

It's not a MOBA. It's 90% team based shooter with like 10% ASSFAGGOTS elements.

I woulsn't go so far as to call it a MOBA in the traditional sense, it's literally just a TF2 clone with better characters that all have an "ultimate" ability. They have cooldown abilities too, but beyond that it's straight TF2.

The story is actually really deep for this kind of game though, despite it mostly being doled out through the shorts, comics, and other media.

Fascinating stuff there, prime potential for a kid's movie.

>10% ASSFAGGOTS elements.
kek, why would lore matter in a team based FPS anyways? Gameplay is the main issue there.

Ultimately it doesn't but a little fluff is nice. The characters in game will occasionally talk to each other so it helps understand the dialogue a little more.

And the gameplay's fucking great in this.

I'm just saying, they have a great world they're completely wasting.

I doubt a movie will happen after Warcraft's box office returns. Warcraft was easily Blizzards best IP, maybe Starcraft could be turned into a movie, or Diablo, but Blizzard probably is temporarily turned off after Warcraft's poor performance.

Well, maybe they will turn it into an MMO after WoW finally crashes.

That would be backwards. It started as an MMO, Project Titan. When it didn't pan out they took the concepts and assets and decided to make this.

>It was confusing to normies so I bought this thing
Blizzard has won

Huh, I remember hearing about Titan being Wow's successor, I didn't know that it became Overwatch. Neat, thanks user.
If the fanbase grows enough they may go back and complete it. Wow wouldn't have been made without the foundation Warcraft 1-3 laid first.
Can't blame Blizz for catering to normies for shekels desu

It is like the Speed Racer Movie to me. I think it is visually fantastic and great fun.
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Some parts are not perfect, but the imperfections are minor.

I've never touched Warcraft in my life. The movie was easy to follow but was shallow as hell. The movie never explains anything about the world but expected you to care. It was like a watching a movie that relied on a deep understanding of the history of Liberia.

I'm almost glad that the plot of cliché fantasy, because otherwise i wouldn't have been able to follow it at all.

holy shit his hand clipped through his head. This is videogame cutscene bad. Is there a lot of bad scenes like this?

>If the fanbase grows enough they may go back and complete it
What? There isn't a campaign. Are you just lying?

Fuck you. Speed Racer had heart and sincerity and genuinely moving moments. This was a soulless cash grab. Get off my board.

>(I've heard his name is Thrall or something?)

...really

It's literally a modern Dungeons and Dragons. It's cheesy as fuck fantasy fare and nothing more.

I appreciated it for that.

>tfw D&D was released a year before LOTR
Something good on the horizon in 2017?

I don't fucking know about this shit cut me some slack

I'll take the orc. Gamora scares me.

>LOTR
>good

Her lack of eyebrows in particular.

Also Garona claiming that fucking her would literally break you is kinda hot tb h

Fine, "overrated trash in the same vein". Happy now, you tasteless fucking faggot?

I love that they included that in the movie. The entire audience was also thinking that they wanted to fuck her so it fit perfectly

HIDF spotted

>le nerdy game references

They had one character from each franchise, I appreciated it.

I fucking swear I saw Tracer in there.

You did, there's:

-Diablo
-Kerrigan
-Arthas
-Tracer

>movies
>art

Huh, ain't that some shit.

i think i saw lich king face

yeah, Arthas/Lich King

who the fuck is that. Can't make out shit