There exist many films but this is the best one

There exist many films but this is the best one.

you're correct

:-}

Correct! Certainly Coppola's best

Your probably right about that buddy

No, best of all films ever

the book is better

Reminder that the only correct version to watch is the redux.

>there are people who unironically prefer Godfather 2 over Apocalypse Now

The new scenes don't really add much

The one with the French was nice on principle (/his/fag here) but dragged on too long

>The new scenes don't really add much

The french scenes are visually stunning and add some depth to Willard. It also makes his transition less abrupt.
And the bunny scenes add some lunacy and irony to the whole situation.

redux a shit

stay pleb my friend

It literally isn't.

it literaturly is

Do you think that Blood Meridian could be adapted to film in the Middle East like Heart of Darkness was to Vietnam?

That's a pretty interesting thought, actually.

no.

On the other hand Marlon Brando was probably the only actor suited to the role of the Judge and that's the biggest problem

Watching this for the first time now. I can't believe this was made in 1979. It's so modern looking.

Nope, this is

I don't know if there are any directors that are capable of translating McCarthy's sweeping prose into cinematography.

You can't translate it into cinematography though and it's a mistake to try. That doesn't mean it can't be filmed though, it just can't try to imitate the book too much.

The Road was hot garbage

I don't think so, Tim.

>The bridge scene

Peak cinema

The scene with the French, while a nice little overture for the film at large, doesn't really add enough to the film to warrant the extra viewing time

Nothing is better than Apocalypse Now

The sound effects to this were GOAT

Hearing this annoys me and makes it glaringly obvious you weren't alive during the Vietnam war. The redux is a romanticization of what was actually an all-around shitty event; it's a total pussy out. The original is beautiful in its bleakness. The French plantation scene is alright as a stand-alone, but in the movie's context it blows. It's an unnecessary and frankly jarring break from willard's singular objective and detracts heavily from the atmosphere and mood that is being built. Also, it's message is delivered so boringly unsubtlely: dude Americans policing the world lmao. I'm not against this kind of message, but at least wrap it in some kind of filmographic elements before sending it, i.e. Colonel Kilgore. The redux sucks.

There's no shame in saying that, considering how fundamentally different the book is.

different things and can't be compared that well

both are incredible works of art though

Not even

>books
>good

yes print on paper is so aesthetic....

that not Once upon a time in America

The French scenes are not visually stunning. The bunnies are not lunacy, at least not when put next to the actually crazy shit that's going on. Saying the bunnies provide the film with more lunacy is like saying watching a glass full of water fall off your table and hit the floor right side up while there's a magnitude 7 earthquake happening is noteworthy. The bunnies are fun, not lunacy. Both the French plantation and the added bunnies scene detract from the original's singularity and buildup.

No, it isn't.

Without a doubt my favorite film of all time and the one I really wish I could see for the first time again. That opening...so visceral.

>tfw you weren't at Cannes when it premiered

I just wish I could see it at a normal theater at least

>watching a glass full of water fall off your table and hit the floor right side up
That'd be fucking nuts
like seriously can you even imagine if that happened, I'd tell everyone I know about it for weeks

>is like saying watching a glass full of water fall off your table and hit the floor right side up while there's a magnitude 7 earthquake happening is noteworthy
dude are you saying that's not noteworthy
if i caught that shit on video that would be viral in like 15 minutes that'd be fly as fuck

whachu know about painting in time, /lit/???

Redux is worth watching, but its inferior because the extra scenes mess with the pacing of the movie