Post your setups and make comical judgements about the poster based on setup

Not bad except I imagine that dark cymbal sounds like shit.

if by shit you mean buttery smooth attack and a musical wash than yes

thats a pricey ass cymbal you know.

you learned to pay drums at church youth group

I'm not much of a drummer so I don't really know. It just seems like whenever I've played a cymbal that looks like that it usually sounds like shit.

Other than that it looks like a 8/10 set that would be fun to play on

(1/2)

I don't use this one as much anymore.

(2/2)

My main piece of equipment. I fuckin love it. Sounds great. Portable. Fun to play. 11/10 good shit.

Looks like my old friend's setup minus the basement. Guy used to buy incredibly expensive cymbals like yours and then break them in a month because he hit them too hard. He literally broke graphite drum sticks and hit a cymbal so hard once it fucking sheared in half instead of cracking. He basically killed our old high school band because we were setting up a group fund to pay for setup equipment for shows and he wanted to use it to buy his 100$ cymbals that he'd just fucking break in two weeks. We kept trying to tell the dumb shit he was hitting his equipment too hard but he'd never listen.

You're a tall person.

dear god what a waste.

i'm 5'11'' but I like my throne nice&high with toms/cymbals nice&flat

good thing I actually know how to hit a cymbal without breaking it...

>Gee Bill two rides

left cymbal is a 20'' Extra Dry Crash, used as a crash

black cymbal is a 20'' classic customs dark ride, used as a ride and a crash.

what do you mean two rides?

>snare hits off centre

good boy

right off the bat I'm looking at about a G worth of cymbals, bet they sound great

can't get the make on the kit, looks Jap, maybe Tama. Yamaha Doubles are the best price to performance pedal on the market. Cobra stands are a bit overkill but it's good to have durability.

Snare hits are off center, so you've probly been playing a while and started utilizing the rim.

9/10 - if you switched to evans g1 coated you would have an easier time controlling sound; less need for moongel/richie rings

What would I be looking at for a reasonable gigging kit? Basic cymbal set up and three toms so nothing extravagant.

Flexible budget, (already own a $2k v-kit) just want some sturdy gear.

thanks, yeah but I've got a lot to still learn :D

I'm going through stick control now but leading with my left hand so I can play open handed naturally. Basically rewrote the exercises so r=l and vice-versa.

Next time I replace the heads I'm definitely trying evans but I'm thinking of clears. Kit is a decent entry level Ludwig, mid 2000s.

I love those yamaha pedals, I actually got them on sale for 100$ about 10 years ago.

Do: Yamaha, Tama, Grestch, Ludwig
Don't: any other no name brand or PDP aka the Squire of drums

if you want high quality cymbals at a very low price check out dream cymbals the new hottest brand.

Pacific by DW is made in their Mexico factory, but otherwise, they use the same UP Michigan maple and birch as the expensive kits, just make sure it's the higher end models with the 10 lug snares/kicks, cost ya about 650 USD

if you want cheap bronze, Paiste makes the best throwaway cymbals 2-300USD, if you want good, an A Zildjian prepack will be around 6-700USD (already getting pricey, right?)

best bet is used, the value drops dramatically, ebay or craigslist or sometimes GC

fuck, my first thought was Ludwig but the finish made me second guess myself

>PDP aka the Squire of drums

see above

by throwaway, I mean the PST 3 and 5 series that come in a pack, when you're talking realio-dealio Paiste, they get pricey and sound like heaven

Ah. Thought the left one was a ride too. My bad.
I can't say anything, I have two snares.

>no axis pedals
>Not spending $500 just on pedals
Are you bad?

>only spending $500 on pedals

hah, this is what my kit looked like in HS. i was in some shitty noisey band and just beat the fuck out of my kit but it didn't matter cuz it was all shit i got free when other broke their stuff. also our band sucked

you eat a lot of burritos

i think you mean are the shit

7A masterrace here

though 5As are in the spare slot

>tfw bad hands
so its 5B here

just can't play with Bs for some reason, rebound feels all wrong

plus I don't wanna

Beautiful cymbals OP. I tried the single mounted tom and floor tom setup but went back to two. It's not necessary for what I seriously play but I mostly play alone and it's more fun with two.

I was gonna buy some new drum gear with my tax return but I ended up spending it all on a keyboard and synth and a nice desktop for Ableton/recording. Hopefully that wasn't a mistake.

kit looks good but why that cheap yamaha pedal tho

I just bought these 7As in They feel so good for doing blasts. Had 5As before and I'm surprised at what a difference it makes.

yeah i agree. i used to use 7As

asking again because why not

how do you revert from cross stick to normal grip seamlessly? I keep missing a snare hit or even dropping it

lol I'm and I don't even play heavy sticks or whatever. I'm just broke af. The cymbals are the first cymbals I got when I started playing that used to sit in my attic with no temperature control before I learned any technique and I could never afford to replace them. When I play live I don't use these cymbals but desu if I'm playing some trashy punk shit it could work lol.

>he has a double bass pedal

lmfao

depends on what kind of gigging you're doing. most of Sup Forums drummers seem to be into metal or rock so if thats the case with you, yamaha stage custom for ~750 or a gretsch catalina maple for ~700, they may have gone up in price. just make sure to get good heads like remo ambassador on your snare and maybe some aquarians on your toms and a remo power stroke 3/aquarian super kick on the BD. the cymbals is where it's at, you don't need to drop mad $$$ on cymbals, but it's worth it and all you really need is a floor tom, snare and BD with a ride, crash and HH. that's my gig set up and I play anywhere between 2 - 5 nights a week depending on the time of year.

Peter Erskine ride cymbal stick masterrace
Also have some prototype vic tenor sticks that were given to DCI groups to test that are retarded heavy, use that when I rep stick control with buddies on a pillow

get better cymbals, why the fuck are you taping your shit? those pedals are great but fix the fucking left spring for fuck sakes.
>blasts
gee no wonder

those yamahas are like 69$ before tax and they're great for heel down/jazz playing and hip-hop/funk shit. it's very easy too play. I personally play on a dw5000. eventually loooking to upgrade to 9000

traditional grip -> cross stick > traditional -> match grip
or you can not be a pleb and do a half stick flip like I do. only reason I do that is because I play lefty and played a lot of marching percussion in my youth so my traditional is standard trad with the left hand holding the stick trad vs a lefty trad which is right stick trad. so I just flip my sticks, I used to do it in marching shows so im used to it. just flip your sticks during the day for like 6 months you'll get used to it.