>Trips mean no sleep
AW SHIT

>10pm EST
>on the Friday night before the semester starts / after the first week back
literally what were they thinking

michigan state is the current big ten champion
haHahaHahHahaha

what's the spread on this game

My semester has already started, my Brother's started a week before mine.

First for Dalvin and classes starting Monday

>3 kliffbabbys playing this season

Can you niggers even develop QBs?

And I guess there will be 4 playing when miami has a tough game

I want a tokyo bowl

Can you please explain what the hell a kliffbabby is?

a QB coached by kliff kingsbury-gosling

Ill use it in a sentence for you.

"Davis Webb is a Kliff babby."

>go 4-8
>still have a win over texass
nice

Yeah Ill take that for a win over texas desu

Bears opened as 23-point favorites, according to Bleacher Report.

Hawaii is not good.

Webb is better than Goff

A Tokyo/Kyoyo would be fucking awesome, a prelude to Tokyo2020 Olympics

>tfw you will never relive this moment

m.youtube.com/watch?v=avcS0aYJ2a8

>send Ohio State/Michigan to play in Hiroshima
>drop bomb on Hiroshima during the game
>everyone's a winner

i'll take no sleep because football over no sleep because too beta to talk to the qt in my class

who /actually a Cal fan/ here

What are all of my /cfb/ bros planning for the game tomorrow?

I know its just a meme-game, but I'm having a few people over and grilling out to celebrate the return of football.

>yfw Hawaii beats Cal

>lost their bowl games by a combined score of 83-16
B1G is Ohio State and the 13 Dwarves

i don't actually have any friends who like football enough to come over
so i'm going to make some sausage dip and sit on my couch alone watching the game
or maybe i'll go downtown and hope people are watching there

College Football 2017 GOTY Contentions

>FSU/OleMiss
>OU/Houston
>KState/Stanford
>LSU/Wisconsin
>UCLA/Texas A&M
>Georgia/UNC
>Clemson/Auburn
>USC/Alabama
>ND/Texas
>Toledo/Arkansas St.

and this is the first week of the season

>the shitty of Iowa getting raped by Stanford

No one remembers MSU cause they were all drunk as fuck on NYE r-right?

>GOTY
>Toledo/Arkansas St.
doubt.jpg

>GOTY
>Clemson/Auburn

literally going to be the biggest blowout of week 1
auburn wins by like 40

(You)

Just talk to her. You'll realize she's a shallow whore and you can move on with your life.

>implying that's not mfw i eat an entire jar of bean dip

>FSU/OleMiss
Could be good, or could be a shitshow. I'm going FSU 27-13.
>OU/Houston
OU will win but it'll be a fun game. 42-39.
>KState/Stanford
Stanford will roll Kstate. 28-3.
>LSU/Wisconsin
Fournette will be too much for Wiscy's defense. It'll be a low scoring snoozer. 17-6.
>UCLA/Texas A&M
Memefest that won't have any significance on anything important. A&M 36-26.
>Georgia/UNC
Georgia 20-7.
>Clemson/Auburn
Auburn will get annihilated 45-14.
>USC/Alabama
Bama 24-14.
>ND/Texas
ND 24-10.
>Toledo/Arkansas St.
Toledo gonna whip dat ass boi 21-17.

it's football season, friend
the time for being realistic is over
it's time to be an unrepentant homer
auburn is going 15-0 until they lose a game
then they're going 14-1

i told myself on monday that i would get her number by the end of the week
i don't intend to make a liar of myself

Oh, well that makes sense.
I'll be honest... I don't follow a lot of big 12 and have almost no clue who Kliff kingsbury-gosling is...
A few more questions:
Why does he have "kliffbabbys" all over the big 12? Does he move around within the big 12 that much? Is he supposed to be exceptionally good at coaching QBs or something? If he is known to be that talented, in your opinion, when do you think he will take a Head coaching job and where?

Most of the bowl games, especially the big ones, were awful last season so no reason to single out Michigan State. At least the title game was pretty good.

I dd'd from the bar so I remember every sweet, beautiful second of it.

You're already a liar. You post on Sup Forums.

does Cal feel like a third wheel in the USC-UCLA rivalry?

or do they just hook up with Stanford on the weekends?

>Clemson/Auburn
>Auburn will get annihilated 45-14.

What the fuck went wrong with Auburn anyway

when i get her number should i skip hawaii-cal to hang out with her tomorrow night or should football come first

bang her to Hawaii-Cal

my favorite auburn player of my lifetime ran out of eligibility is what went wrong
i'm so mad i'll never get to see him play qb again

am i supposed to like time it so orgasm happens at a touchdown or something

I can't be UT Trash Transfer till Next week tho.

Gotta name up for game hype

Sorry senpai...
I now see how silly that last question was. I really didn't mean any disrespect. I honestly couldn't name more than half of the coaches in the big 12 to be honest with you. Strong sumlin, and stoops and that is about the extent of my knowledge.
With that said, I admittedly didn't even realize that Texas Tech was in the big 12 and not a G5 team until like a month ago...

What player would you be talking about here?
how long until you guys fire your head coach? I hear that a couple of other SEC teams are eyeballing him.

>Sumlin
Thats the SEC now duder

>What the fuck went wrong with Auburn anyway
They have a propensity for hiring shitty coaches. When you're a big time program, you're supposed to hire proven coaches, not guys whose head coacbing experience is 1 season at Arkansas fucking State.

Oh snap! right right right... sorry, still have to catch myself there sometimes.

nick marshall
dude was so much fun to watch
absolutely clutch

Bill Snyder the legend? Mike Gundy? He's been coaching for a decade.

Time for a quiz everyone

strawpoll.me/11082230

Are you guys just voting randomly?

here's a trivia question for the last offseason /cfb/

since the formation of the ap poll in 1936, there have been 4 heisman winners on teams who finished the season unranked in the ap and coaches poll
how many can you name

You can use multiple votes so yes

No idea, but I will be willing to bet that all 4 were in the SEC. The unnecessary overhype with that conference is astounding. Yes, it usually has some really good teams, but it has often been forced.

>SOON

Wait... so you enjoyed watching nick Marshall more than cam?

Kek...
>Actually thinks that Texas will allow expansion

two independents, one big 8, one sec

yeah
on the one hand, cam newton being auburn's quarterback for the first year i actually cared about football was cool, but on the other hand he was so unstoppable it got boring sometimes

nick marshall was exciting because you never knew if he was going to have an incomplete screen pass, a run for 20 yards, or a 70 yard touchdown
by the time our defense collapsed in the tail end of 2014 that offense was so much fun to watch
the read-option was so well-executed that it would regularly fool me

Hmm... I'll say that one is Notre Dame because independent.
I'll say one is Texas A&M?
Probably Georgia too because they are always overhyped and always underperform.

WTF HE DOES!?!?!

yes one of the winners was from notre dame
no to tamu (which isn't big 8) and georgia though

Cool. One out of three.
I'll guess Texas BYU? and LSU

no no and no
by the way tamu and texas were swc, not big 8

Nebraska Navy and Tennessee

>mfw im trash

no, no, and no

anyway i'm tired so i'm just gonna give the answers now

paul hornung of notre dame (1956)
steve owens of oklahoma (1969)
george rogers of south carolina (1980)
bo jackson of auburn (1985)

OU for the big8 one

If it was a meme td with a meme 2pt fail im good with it doe

Oh, I should have known the Paul Hornung one. He is a native of Louisville, ky.

Seriously? Auburn didn't finish the season ranked when Bo Jackson won the Heisman? That one surprises me.

>tfw gradually improving to mediocre

G-go Buffs...

Colorado will never be good again. The school just doesn't attract the football types

Texas wants Houston but Houston will need 8 votes to get in, NO WAY it gets 8 votes

I still remember the Bienemy years bro

collegefootball.ap.org/article/qa-drug-testing-ncaa-medical-chief
push for this and you'll get a recruit bonus

Obviously it's not Houston (too close).

Obviously it's not UConn (too far).

Common wisdom says Cindy and Memphis, but when has the XII ever been wise?

Cincy.

Fucking autocorrect.

Texas the state or Texas the school? From what I understand from a distance, the state government is obviously pushing pretty hard to get Houston picked up. They want the Big 12 to become another Lone Star conference (As if it already isn't).

True. Common wisdom has never really been something that the Big 12 possessed. Being a fan of a Big 12 school, I just facepalmed when the conference didn't take Louisville all those years ago... especially in relation to who we did end up taking. WVU, Yuck. Louisville is clearly the better all around program, and is doing very well for themselves today... while WVU really isn't. The administration even admitted the blunder years later. Now we are looking to take what some writers have deemed "Louisville lite" in cincy. But, alas, I sadly agree... I think we will end up taking both Memphis and Cincy in the end... not a good look for the conference.

Also, I wouldn't mind taking some Cindy.

A conference really isn't in a good place when they are adding teams just to stay afloat and have warm bodies. Most of the other power conferences only really added teams when those teams had something significant to bring to the league. In this situation none of the teams listed really bring anything substantial to the Big 12 and all of them really mostly seem like chumps that are going to always remain G5 level institutions with lipstick on.
As far as I am concerned, the Big 12 is a dead conference the day they are adding Memphis and Cincy to the conference just to fill up spots.

The Power 4 are well on their way to being a reality.

just because the Big XII are adding their gutter-tier teams - now - doesn't mean they are a worse conference.

They have as many ranked teams every season as any other conference.

Every conference needs their mediocre programs. Cincy would be another.

Here's what I don't get. Why was it the Big 12, and not the ACC, that's been reduced to this state? The ACC is every bit as shitty as the Big 12, insofar as both schools invariably only have one elite school at a time, surrounded by a few other mediocrities with the rest being complete scrubs. Hell, if Florida State had actually left a few years ago, as I recall the rumor being, they might never have recovered. And yet they're considered healthy and the Big 12 is stuck in shit. Why?

>both schools

both conferences, I mean

Honestly, it's a miracle that >we were ever an elite program at all, even for a short time. No big money donor and in a state that doesn't produce many blue-chip recruits.

>tfw Coach Mac has Alzheimer's

>mfw getting fucked up on a Sunday night for a Monday night game in Orlando

The Rockies improved from garbage to just bad, maybe CU will follow suit. I'd be happy with a 5-win season at the very least.

CU chancellor is a fucking dweeb SJW dipshit

Anyways, CU football is over. The move to Pac 12 sealed the fate. Atleast in the Big 12 Boulder felt nicer than the fly over shitholes. In the Pac 12 you have places like USC and Oregon.

Basketball doin alright tho

Simple. My team isn't in the ACC, but I disagree with your premise that that the ACC is just as shitty as the Big 12.

Firstly, It might not be a very deep conference, but the best that the ACC has to offer has certainly been having enough success to keep the ACC in the national spotlight. From FSU winning the National Championship 3 seasons ago and making the first playoff, to Clemson making the playoff and getting to the championship game last season and leaving as the national runner-up. The ACC has been doing okay on the field. The Big 12 has been nonexistent for some time. What is the most recent success the Big 12 has had? Oklahoma making the playoff last season and then getting destroyed by Clemson? Think my point is pretty clear.

Secondly, I think the strength of a conference comes from more than on the field success. The ACC, on top of being a power 5 football conference, also happens to be potentially the greatest basketball conference ever assembled. They are to basketball what the SEC is to football, pretty much. While football brings in much more revenue, that certainly counts for something.

Thirdly, The ACC doesn't have a Texas that is single handedly strangling the conference to death. Texas, in looking out for their own wants and needs, consistently force their will on to the rest of the conference. In this way, the big donors at Texas dictate conference expansion and other such topics.

Fourth, ACC network. Simply put, the ACC now has a contract for a very lucrative network deal that puts them in the same situation as the SEC. The network will bring in tons more revenue for the conference and insures that ESPN has stake in the success of that conference. The Big 12 has no network... Texas does tho...

Fifth, The big 12 has only 10 members making them a very small and vulnerable conference (hence the expansion talk) and also the conference is the only power conference without a conference championship which is a cause for controversy.