LOTR general

>tfw he says "dark have been my dreams of late"
I seriously can't think of a character in any movie/franchise who has conjured as many and as varied feels as Theoden, Hill was absolutely perfect in the role.

>Simbelmyne. Ever has it grown on the tombs of my forebears. Now it shall cover the grave of my son. Alas, that these evil days should be mine. The young perish and the old linger. That I should live to see that last days of my house.

Fuck, I got goosebumps just typing this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9skYkQfAwus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_of_Yesterday
youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do
youtube.com/watch?v=6n0Uj41zlhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's suppose to be "my dreams have been dark lately" the writer didnt even know good english

I'm not a native speaker but I'm pretty sure it's not grammatically incorrect.

And since we brought this up, I'd like to ask english speakers, is grammar supposed to be a broader term to describe proper use of the language? Cause in my country there's a difference between an error in grammar and an error in syntax.

youtube.com/watch?v=9skYkQfAwus

try again sweetheart

>The world of men will fall...and all will come to darkness...

>I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you. I will not let the White City fall. Nor our people fail...

>Our people...our people...

Now that I think about it, that's a perfect metaphor for what is happening to Western Europe these days.
Its sad, really.

>Now that I think about it, that's a perfect metaphor for what is happening to Western Europe these days.
can we have ONE thread that isn't infested with this trendy Sup Forums bullshit

pic related, it's me being offered another dose of "red-pilled" nationalism

Well it's a little fucking obvious.

>general

Please don't do this

“Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing into the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall! ”

I don't like to think that Tolkien was a racist bigot.
I like to think that when boromir says "our people" he doesn't mean "our people as opposed to the other people who aren't people", he means "our people, the people that we as greater men are trying to protect"
and again, since lotr is a fairytale, protecting "your people" isn't necessarily interpreted as protecting them from people of a different race, it just means protecting the values that they want to live by
and if you're in search for the people who are trying to destroy those values, look up, don't look down to the people trying to crawl out of their own hell

One part that always stands out to me from the Rohirrim charge sequence is when Theoden is first rolling up and the score is starting to build up but cuts out suddenly as he looks over the fields and all we hear is screaming and drums beating. That editing and the way you can see his face turn from horror into resolve just makes me appreciate all the little decisions that made everything flow so seamlessly and feel so epic (not in the 9gag way, the poetic way)

I agree with you OP. So many of the characters were perfectly cast.

>Theoden
>Sam
>Gandalf
>Gollum

“Arise, arise, Riders of Théoden!
Fell deeds awake, fire and slaughter!
spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!”

You're clearly not an European but I look forward to the moment when the US becomes Mexico lite

Reminder that Theoden nearly drove his people to extinction and used child soldiers

>Hill was absolutely perfect in the role.
agreed

Tolkien was definitely a racist bigot. All white men before WWII were.

>You're clearly not an European
technically I am, although I don't live in a sweden where apparently they're overrun by muslims
yea, that's a great detail, I always appreciated it as well

>Reminder that Theoden nearly drove his people to extinction and used child soldiers
Reminder that the enemy Thoeden was fighting didn't give a shit about rules or morality in war, was running a campaign of genocide, and would've slaughtered the women and children hiding in the caves of Helms Deep if the Rohan had lost the siege.

back when peter jackson was trying to make films and not just money

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE

BOROMIR KNEW STRIDER WAS A KING?

Probably trolling but:
>This is no mere ranger. This is Aragorn, son of Arathor. You owe him your allegiance.
I wonder if it's correct word for word. Damn I've seen these movies so many times.

gondor has no king
gondor needs no king

lol, are you kdding? Even Zweig would say the modern day is far, far more racist than Europe was before WW1

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_of_Yesterday

ignorant fuck

I have no idea what you're talking about but yeah the guy you're replying to is a retard/trolling. A lot of old English is used in the movies/book

What people are you talking About ?the rapists or the serial killers those are your people because they lack melanin like you ? Why are racists so fucking myopic ?

error in grammar
>countenence, mouses, porsperity
error in syntax
>anything yoda says

Well that's obviously true since Europe today is horribly far more multiracial and multicultural

And it's pretty self-evident that when there are lots of racially and culturally different people in the same room, conflict and racism will increase.

Unfortunately, this is something pro-mass-migrant people will never understand. Hopefully WW3 comes and these people are the next group to be brutally butchered (heh, nothin personale).

Just go bury your head in the sand, there's no politics there to upset your feefees or remind you of what's going on in the world.

How convenient to misinterpret my unwillingness to subscribe to an inhumane ideology as unwillingness to acknowledge or take interest in the plights of our western civilization.

You know why I love the lotr films as a communist and a pacifist?
Everything is so beautiful when the line between right and wrong is crossed during a selfless charge into a horde of orcs.
The real world isn't as simple, and thus morality and virtue isn't as simple. And it can be very distressing to look for those things in the world we live in, and to look for people and movements that express them that you can anchor yourself to.

>it's a stormblr faggot attempts to twist a beloved fantasy narrative to fit his political agenda episode
please end yourself soon

shit I thought I was the only one that noticed that

> tfw you will never ride with theoden at the world's ending

>errors in spelling

Errors in grammar are things like leaving prepositions dangling at the end of sentences, mixing up who/whom, and switching tense randomly in the middle of a sentence

>errors in syntax
Much less stringent are rules for this

Gee what a nice opinion, I'd hate for it to be shot full of arrows

>for Gondor, Aragorn?

>no, for frodo

A preposition is a perfectly fine thing to end a sentence with. The weird yank assertion that you shouldn't leave them dangling is something up with which I simply won't put.

How did Jackson go from this to that horrid 3 legged beast of The Hobbit

Did all the academy awards give him a concussion?

Just as much as he can't take credit for all the wonderful aspects of the lotr trilogy, so too can he not be held responsible for all the disasters of the hobbit trilogy.
A long time passed between the two films, everything about the production of the two movies must had been vastly different.
I'm not saying it's not his fault, I'm just saying it would be garbage regardless of what he did, and it's possible that in the environment that the hobbit trilogy was created he couldn't have made something much better.

he had less time to work on the hobbit, and his heart was not in it like it was with LOTR.

Dependent prepositions are and always have been fine

>as a communist

communism=/=cultural marxism
no one's heart was in the making of the hobbit, it was a cash-grab

>cuck
clever, did you think that one up all by yourself?

>So many of the characters were perfectly cast.
There isn't a bad pick in the movie

>I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people.

What did Tolkien mean by this? Really makes you think...

He didn't like Nazis thinking his movie was about whites and Kikes

Don't care about your own race and nationality! You have rapists too don't you see!

This is Sup Forums not reddit you faggot

kill yourself baitman

>communism=/=cultural marxism

>He thinks Tolkien was a reddit browsing cuckold like himself

Tolkien would be turning in his grave if he was still alive to see the state of modern Britain.

That's what he fought for. He should enjoy it

>bong reader self insert master of all the races that cant handle the ring fight nazi war machine.
>hurr durr fuck off pol

He fought to keep the United Kingdom an independent and sovereign nation. And a Christian one. Unfortunately for him, Britain (like Gondor) is inhabited by lesser men than that of their ancestors.

good movie

>as a communist

Is there any other series of books or maybe movies that I can read/watch for my lotr fix?

I have never been able to comprehend how people of Westeros (and those that were actual highborns, leaders etc.) shat over Jaime for killing the Mad King

No justification in the books or show makes sense for the hate they have towards him for that act desu

It's nowhere near as good but Wheel of Time has lots of similar themes.

le ebin pol boogey man meme!!!
Anything politics is inherently terrible XD
Anyone who draws comparisons between art and real life is clearly a trump voter :DDD

>inhumane ideology
>as a communist
Who were Stalin and Mao?

if I put on a Sup Forums hat and start taking it up the ass does it make the rest of you faggots as well?
fucking retard
fucking retard

KILL ALL GOMMIES :DDDD

i cringed reading this
>commuins and a pacifist
i took the bait

>good LOTR thread ruined by politics shitposting

what a fucking surprise

let's start over

youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do

My personal favorite scene of The Two Towers

You don't ever see such amazing acting in fantasy movies. LOTR is truly one of a kind

the mere thought that people even fucking compare garbage like GoT to LOTR is disgusting, let alone the fact that some faggots actually believe it's better

that will always be the only thing in this world that triggers me

What even happened to that Hamling guy? From what I remember he just kinda disappeared in the big fight at Minas Tirith

>dat feel when so many great moments came from viggo mortensen's improvisations or accidents

aragorn wasn't supposed to parry lurtz's dagger in mid-flight, for example.

the knife wasn't even meant to be thrown

but yeah Viggo is fucking based and easily the best Aragorn they could've gotten

Is Viggo the saviour of the white race?

>as a communist and a pacifist

How can you be a communist and a pacifist, How do you start a peacful revolution? You know stalin killed Millions and Lenin threw acid on people? i don't even, suppose im just taking the bait.

youtube.com/watch?v=6n0Uj41zlhU

In this shot he breaks his toe. He is in terrible pain after that kick

Would that it were so simple.
He is based, though.

this, the reality of movies today is that they suck on average. Just look at how many sequels and or capeshit comes out regularly

Summerfag: the post

RASHEED