When did Rock die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Un2uEzcBAI
youtube.com/watch?v=ALNxTWl9P4g
youtube.com/watch?v=Clfhbw2B8tU
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when you grew out of it

It died when pussies chose making shitty beats and electronic music over making music with instruments

When Gene Simmons murdered it.

When music became a product that's just background noise

When the last great rock album waa made in 2001

The second summer of love starting in '88 was the most important era in modern European music culture as it took the American based house and techno and fused it with European attitudes, prowess and compositional excellence to forefront the run of the music that followed on through the rave era, the 90s progression of techno, house, and of course breakbeat hardcore, jungle and all the genres and fusions that followed

Dance music of the 1990s largely rejected the simple, jovial, hedonistic approach to body movement that had ruled since James Brown invented funk music in the 1960s. Disco, techno and house had simply imported new technologies (both for rhythm and arrangements) into the paradigm of funk. The 1990s continued that process, one of the most important ideas to come out of Britain was jungle or drum & bass, a syncopated, polyrhythmic and frantic variant of house, a fusion of hip-hop and techno that relied on extremely fast drum-machines, epileptic breakbeats and huge bass lines.

Few genres of popular music underwent so many changes and reached such ambitious heights as jungle did. Within a few years, jungle musicians were already composing abstract and ambient pieces, integrating breakbeats with pop vocals, adopting jazz improvisation Thanks to ever more intricate beats and to free structures borrowed from jazz, jungle music rapidly became the foundation for a new kind of avantgarde music, pursued by the most austere of the genre's visionaries

It both cemented the death of and proved without doubt that outside of America, the dark ages of rock were dead and merely a passing fad and the progression of funk, soul and rhythm and blues, and via proxy, the music of Jamaica and the influence of hip hop on dance music and indeed hip hop itself showed that electronic music was the natural progression and the rock of the 60s and 70s was a waste of time and a step backwards in music progression.

\m/ FUCK YEAH AC/DC \m/

It is easier to make at least decent music with instruments than it is to make shitty beats. Too many dumbass kids think that making beats and instrumentals on laptops are easy. They think they have some talent. This is coming from a person who loves all kinds of electronic music. More kids should be playing instruments - FACT

laptops are instruments

Even if you're signed you and playing festival stage slots you need extreme luck to make it

youtube.com/watch?v=4Un2uEzcBAI
youtube.com/watch?v=ALNxTWl9P4g
youtube.com/watch?v=Clfhbw2B8tU

These guys are good enough to get booked more than once a week right? Nobody cares abut rock music.

Isn't Kid Rock still alive?

Make me a shitty beat and a recorded 4 piece rock song right now and prove it fucko.

>good musicians keep producing it
>fuckin infinity niche genres for whatever type you're into

it sounds like it's ok, just not as important as it used to be

Lol rap is the evolution of rock you autistic fucks

?

True Rock music died in the late 50's.

prime the who disbanded after that

RAP IS THE EVOLUTION OF ROCK YOU AUTISTS

soul>funk>hip-hop>rap

alt rock is the evolution of rock

When this band retired 2yrs ago...

youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ

when rockstars stopped being too edgy for parents and teens. Now that there is rap you can listen to the music of someone who has legitimately killed someone.

>Now that there is rap you can listen to the music of someone who has legitimately killed someone.

Fascinating

It's true man, most people who pay for music and concerts are teenagers. They like to listen to music that pisses off their parents.

>European
>exellence

When My Chemical Romance broke up

>A musical instrument is a machine created or adapted to make musical sounds.
>A synthesizer or computer is a machine created or adapted to make musical sounds.

died in the seveties when bands, like The Eagles started getting popular.
Then punk revived it and died again in the mid 80's

Rock is like a phoenix, it will rise again soon!!

1981, when MTV launched

Video killed the radio star. The initial appeal of rock music was to see charismatic and skilled young people deliver a provocative message. It must have been an exciting time at a rock show in the 60s and 70s, because a rock show was the only place you could see this phenomenon. When MTV hit, you could watch charismatic and skilled young people deliver provocative messages. It's not like there are no good rock albums made after 1981, but it was essentially done as a main driver of culture. The main vehicle of delivery - the rock concert - had been usurped in terms of efficiency by the music video, which also allowed for more originality, at least in a visual sense.

Also, rock is a masculine endeavor currently being played by a bunch of women and nu-males. Men, who always made up the biggest fanbase for rock, tend to gravitate towards hip-hop, and for good reason.

Its not. Green day released a new album Last year

>pussies

you're the one too scared to pick up a synthesizer you bandweeb

I was there and I don't agree with all of what you said but that's a fine post all the same! Rock was never even alive.

Plebs like him die everyday. I don't keep track on every one of them.

you sound like the type of guy who has a semi edgy inspirational quote as your cover photo on facebook i.e. you sound like a faggot

>people like this go to my Sup Forums
fucking kill me now

Nu metal

when synths replaced guitars as the most versatile instruments

why do you faggots always fall for the most obvious bait

RADIO FUCK YU RADIO FUCK YU