/lang/ - Language learning thread

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

lexicity.com/
>An invaluable resource for comparative language study as well as those interested in ancient languages

>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

radio.garden/
>Listen to radio all around the world through an interactive globe

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/cfty5Ra
discordapp.com/invite/M9jWmvg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buenas noches
Laku noć
Good night
おやすみ
Pona pimeja

>Csq tlm parle le francais mais j'y réussirai jamais
Je veux choper une raison pour vivre

Il y a n'importe qui ici?
Chuis seul :(

Bazmeg beszélgessünk már, ez a legjobb fonál

I wish people would come here more often

well the discord thing is going ok

what discord thing?

Ne t'en fais pas Bulgaranon , il y a toujours quelqu'un pour t'écouter
J'aimerai partir en bulgarie cet été

>Bulgaranon
Je vais remplir ton crâne avec le sang de ta famille, tu m'entends?
Si je te vois, je casserai tes os en morceaux

jan ale o, toki!
coi ro do
hoi allemaal
hej alla
вceм пpивeт

nimi "pona pimeja" li ike lili. o toki e "pimeja pona".

ante la, tenpo suno ni la sina pilin seme?

the language server there. I finally found, after waddling through the endless piles of shit there, one user that was serious and helped me tirelessly with my Spanish.

Care to share the link?

Guys, please offer me some advice.

When listening to media (such as music or a podcast) in a foreign language you're learning, what is the best way to go about it? Should I try and listen extremely carefully, and in the process understand like 10% of what they are saying? I do this at the moment and it sounds like "Blahrehhhaghruyrghahhgrh this is reiueowhuagfdgh the dog jdhdjdgruehsjdghshgds eating" etc. And I don't see how this helps me improve.

Should I just relax and listen without focusing too much on the words I already know? What about when walking to work and listening to a podcast? Please give me some tips for those who learn by listening to media, because I really REALLY need to improve my listening comprehension.

Saluton /lang/. Kiel vi ĉiuj fartas?

toki, jan pona o! sina pilin seme?

>When listening to media (such as music or a podcast) in a foreign language you're learning, what is the best way to go about it?

Get some fucking subtitles/lyrics, and an excellent online dictionary, preferably one that offers multiple answers to a single query. Never, ever do anything without them.

One day you'll notice that you forgot to add subtitles to the film you're watching, and you've been enjoying it for half an hour without an issue, only noticed it when a really strange word came up.
Good job, now you're fluent.

>* mais je n'y arriverais jamais

discordapp.com/invite/cfty5Ra
discordapp.com/invite/M9jWmvg
the one name spanish seems a lot better. I am realizing now that the best thing to do on this service is to find an user to talk to that is good and stick with them, because everyone else on here seems like a bunch of faggots making it into a chatbox on tumblr.

What does "in the wake of" mean?

Is there any way I'd get good at Japanese? I'm 23 and would like to know it one day but idk if I should even bother.

As a result of

Hijo de puta, traga semen, cara de mierda, merluzo, comedor de heces, cerdo, avestruz, sinvergüenza, horroroso, pobre de solemnidad, muerto de hambre, enfermo de elefantiasis, cuello pavo, pecho palomo, gilipollas, subnormal, anormal, micropene, aliento perruno, holgazán, media hostia, podrido por dentro.

Anyone here learning and successfully speaking French without sounding like a retard? I'm afraid I'm gonna butcher the accent.

Any language is possible as long as you have the motivation to spend the required time

made a hellotalk account and messaged someone, but feel like my autsim/awkwardness will stop me from doing anything

Bop

I want to talk to people on hellotalk, but talking to people 1 on 1 gives me a lot of anxiety. I like talking to people in groups.

estas en el hilo equivocado

Anyone have any experience with learning Cantonese?

>Il y a quelqu'un ici ?

>li ike lili
A! Tenpo ni la, mi tawa sona
>tenpo suno ni la sina pilin seme?
Mi pilin pona. Sina?
Mi pilin pona kin! Tenpo ni la, mi moku e pan
Sina?

soi pas josieu

toki pona more like toki autism

bump

How difficult is Korean to learn? I would like to understand South Koreans

it's always listed at the same level as Chinese/Arabic/Japanese but from what I've heard it's easier. I have the same motivation for learning Korean, these fucking gooks all over campus I just want to talk to them

How hard is German in your experience?

The basics are quite easy because they're almost the same as english, but it is hard to master because of getting the correct ending for things based on gender and case

It's a very logical and orderly language, it's not that difficult to get the basics.
But as said, declension is kind of annoying to learn.

>It's a very logical and orderly language
this can be applied literally to any language.

following on from
boats make wakes when they move along water which people water ski through or whatever, which is where the saying comes from

The case system will throw most people off because they don't memorize the genders they just memorize the words

>It's a very logical and orderly language
>German

>this can be applied literally to any language.

Hahahahaha no. Grammatical genders are arbitrary, serve no purpose nor do they convey information. They're the definition of useless and illogical.

t. Has definite and indefinite infinitives