How common are pork rinds (pork skin) eaten in your country?

How common are pork rinds (pork skin) eaten in your country?

They don't seem too common, but I've noticed many countries around the world have their own versions of dishes using the skin of a pig.

You can buy them in any convenience store in the US but I've never seen anyone actually buy or eat them.

I can't remember ever having fried pork rinds. I know of a few regional dishes where they leave the skin on the meat though, like Schäufele which is just a big chunk of pig shoulder including the bone and skin.

Some bars serve them.

No wonder, bottled Arizona from the store costs about as much as beverages in a glass in a restaurant. Horridly overpriced for something that's not a lot better than other iced tea for half the price. It lives on its name and image.

Common af when I lived in Burger land. But lived in south so we also called them chicarrones. Now, I've only seen them in the Brit section at Tesco.

extremely popular, many variations

>we also called them chicarrones

Where are you from?

very common and very tasty, on weekends there is a bar near my house that makes them fresh to serve during football matches, not that shit from the supermarket you posted.

What the fuck? 99 cents for a big ass can. It's literally the cheapest canned/bottled dink you can buy at a convenience store.

Texas.

Maybe the rest of your drinks are just too expensive then. For a buck I can buy double the volume in actual juice.

don't know about pork but horse meat is very common here.

You can buy 1360ml of "actual juice" for $1 where?

don't think i've ever seen them but would try them

Common, you can get pork scratchings in pubs

They are in the snacks section (in the fringe area, where they keep apple chips and the like) of every grocery store

Don't have these but horse meat is also everywhere

a bottle of arizona is 99cents here, what are you smoking

Actually it's $1.50 for 1000ml or $2.04 for your silly unit, so you get DIRECT juice for the same price as your watery sugar garbage.

There's also juice for 30% less but it's been made from concentrate.

That's a supermarket, not a convenience store. I can get a gallon of """"actual"""" juice for $1.50 too

Not sure why you're so pissy about a drink teenagers buy from a gas station because they got dry mouth from smoking wed in the parking lot.

A litre of orange juice from concentrate here is like 80p, a litre of proper orange juice is about £1

Corn syrup doesn't still your thirst!

Also what the fuck is the difference between a small supermarket and a large convenience store?

Shut the fuck up Germany holy shit I'm tired of you getting pissy about things other people do that have no fucking impact on anything you do.

You're like a shitty girlfriend, who gets mad that someone bought a drink you don't like because you think it costs 0.02 cents more per fucking milligram or whatever.

We should have nuked you instead of the Japs

Calm down mate but I agree with the nuking

I'll piss on your grave, Harris MacChurchill.

Chicharrón?

Common as fuck btw.

I'll drop an incendiary bomb on yours Hans Heinrich von Schnickschnack

Ever been in a dollar store? You can get 2 liters for one or two dollars. Some times they have sales on those big ass jugs of Arizona as well. Any thing really, I've bought those obscenely large bottle of cranberry juice from dollars stores, a whole case of monster energy in their biggest can size for like 4 bucks shit is cray cray.

This is why we're fat

We buy pork rinds here, I rarely eat them now because it feels like my heart is clogging but I ate them frequently as a kid.

>Not making them yourself

Go away Denmark

So much food gets wasted in this country it's sicking, that's the real crime desu. So i'd rather people buy it in bulk for cheap rather than it get thrown away. I believe in a healthy active lifestyle (and practice it) it's just that people over eat, don't know about calorie intake, and don't even do the minimum amount of exercise you need in a day, could be simple as walking or riding a bike.
I think a lot of this could be combated with better education and preventive health care but 'Murica gonna 'Murica.

I think the waste is mostly from buying cheap stuff in bulk. A lot of waste would be solved if people were more incentivized to go food shopping once every few days rather than doing 1 big grocery run a week.

But then they'll just throw it away at home because they can't use it up in time. How the fuck are you even supposed to get your American barrel sized mayo jars empty before they go bad? Or are they so pumped full of artificial preservatives that they can't?

I wasn't even talking about home use of food. Ever work in hospitality, a restaurant or even a grocery store? If you do anything with food you'll know how much of it gets tossed out, good fresh food, unexpired, still packaged unopened, or even hot if it was cooked later in the day.

lol shut up

>tfw that would be a serving just for me

Pig fat only. Salo one love.

The costco style gallons of mayo is a bit of an exaggeration for the extreme majority of people. Most grocery stores don't do that

What does happen though is sales are usually not just a reduced price but rather buy x amount get y amount free or instead of something being $5 you can get 2 for $7.

It's common here. I sometime buy them from my local butcher. You can get it in any food store though.

>If you do anything with food you'll know how much of it gets tossed out, good fresh food, unexpired, still packaged unopened, or even hot if it was cooked later in the day.

Yep, even producers will discard or simply not harvest produce which is bruised or misshapen, but still perfectly good to eat. Although for some produce, they will harvest them and use them for secondary purposes (such as making tomato sauce with 'imperfect' tomatoes).

I was looking at the bulk price for coke, it was fucking 9 cents and being sold for $1something.

Well, that explains that you use a spansh word

I just had them today as a complement to potatoes alongside a meat dish. They used to be the main source of protein in rural Slovenia in the 19th century and are still prepared alongside quite a few dishes.

Why do they always look poofy when yanks post pork scratchings?

>Collagen
>Protein

Common, most grocery stores carry them. My dad bought that shit all the time. I found them alright.

google says that 100g of pork rinds contains 61g of protein, compared to 21g found in 100g of beefsteak. Which is fortunate, since science makes my head hurt and I don't want to delve any deeper into the related wiki articles to refute your point.

Your body can't absorb the protein found in collagen.