/grimes/

Discuss the amazing Canadian artist and sweetheart, Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimes.

News:
- The futuristic new Venus Fly video featuring Janelle Monae is out now on Tidal

>almost finished building like 20 or so 5D multi timbral synths in roli equator, they'll be released for roli blocks later this year. never made synths from scratch before, its pretty fun
Video with her playing a mean jam: instagram.com/p/BP6JQUMjSd_/

- Grimes produced a new Aristophanes song, Humans Become Machines: youtube.com/watch?v=BHmVqMISPLw If you don't know, Aristophanes is that Taiwanese rapper that performed on SCREAM.

- David Byrne is a fan:
>"I started collecting pictures of Grimes, Madonna, Kate Bush, Sinèad O’Connor, on and on—popular musicians are obsessed with her. This trend inspired the premise for the show: a pop star decides to give in to the Joan obsession and tell her epic story in concert".

>Boucher's public persona is definitely striking, but one-on-one, the perception completely dissolves. Here I was expecting someone brimming with whimsy, but instead she was a 24-year-old girl; rather down to earth and just coming to terms with the concept of fame. The fame that brings David Byrne of Talking Heads to your shows. When his name came up, Boucher was absolutely ecstatic, like an excited little puppy. "The tour in America was fucking insane. David Byrne being there was crazy. I kinda wish I knew he was there before the show… But then again if I did, I probably would’ve been really nervous".

Rule #1: be nice to Grimes.
Rule #2: see Rule #1.

Other urls found in this thread:

tidal.com/video/69879854
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature
spin.com/2015/11/joanna-newsom-divers-interview/
rookiemag.com/2015/10/joanna-newsom-interview/4/
grammarcheck.net/editor/
quora.com/Is-isnt-it-grammatically-correct
mixcloud.com/Gardener/grimes-in-session-mix/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Grimes x Angel Olsen when

i'd gently press the tip of my dick at her butthole until my entire cock slide inside her rectum

It could be interesting

why just save that for your boyfriend

see

Stop quoting my post, dipshit. Gtfo and take your limp dick with you.

i think so

Thoughts on her Venus Fly video? IMO it's awesome.

grimeth is a mayo munching goblin

how far does this meme go. are you proud of your life making this thread here everyday

The haters are truly pathetic. Even more than usual. Keep bumping the thread, that's the only good thing you're good at. Oh, and being the joke of the whole thread.

I've never seem someone light a bubble on fire before. Also that flaming violin bow is beyond awesome.

Looked awesome but imo a faster paced video would of suited it better.

>forgetting to reference whom you are talking to

It takes only a few seconds of copy-pasting from the old thread, it's not a big deal. If I don't make this thread, the trolls do their thing spamming Sup Forums with their crap. That would be unpleasant.

Indeed

Im sorry i just wanted some attention

Whine somewhere else.

>tfw no gf

see

:l

does she really have a huge scar on her body?

>what did he mean by this

Link me to where I can get it and I'll tell you. Tidal lol

it's just Sup Forums gossip

tidal.com/video/69879854
There's a free month-long trial option.

It's called shitposting, user. Own up.

cloud.
mail.ru/public/UKgm/YwGdAeaFq

Who told you that?

>- David Byrne is a fan:
Why do grimes fans care so much about her acceptance? Not that I dislike her I just don't care if others do

When you listened to grimes for the first time, did you like her music right off the bat?

its cool

a shitposter.. can't imagine who

Grimes is kinda disliked by Sup Forums, so having the mark of approval from legends like Byrne is making the haters really mad and us, proud.

Joanna Newsom is a fan too:
>Interviewer: What young artists do you feel an affinity with? I heard you're a Kendrick fan.
>Joanna Newsom: I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.
spin.com/2015/11/joanna-newsom-divers-interview/

>In terms of people today, as I said, I’m a little out of the loop, but I have noticed I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me. Sometimes it’s useful for an idea, and then other times it’s not useful for an idea, and she seems unaffected either way. I like her music as well, and I like what she says.
rookiemag.com/2015/10/joanna-newsom-interview/4/

Definitely no. I disliked her voice tbch. But the instrumentals being so great, that made me want to keep listening to her music. Right now I could say that I love her voice. It's very rich, emotional and expressive. Just perfect for her kind of music.

yeah

does anyone have the noose grimes meme?

>Grimes is kinda disliked by Sup Forums, so having the mark of approval from legends like Byrne is making the haters really mad

It's far-fetched to say that Grimes has haters, there are just trolls, you can't call the trolls haters.

> and us, proud
You've gotta be kidding

Aren't you proud that Byrne and Newsom like her? 2 great musicians liking another great musician.

what?

Not one bit. First heard of her when Kill v Maim vid dropped and thought it was shit. Listened to it a couple times and then looked through her other work and got hooked

too bad grimes is objectively shit

You are objectively a shit troll. You're not even good at trolling, lmfao!

Can you tell me why you thought it was shit? The first song I heard of her was Genesis I believe and I thought it was plain and stupid.
I still think that the music video of Genesis is shit, althought the song is great. I wonder if there's someone who liked her music right away.

weak troll

thanks for the (You) tumblrbabby

>posting the same pics over and over
You're not very creative, isn't it dipshit?

Nope, how can I feel proud for something I haven't done?

>you're not very creative, isn't it?
not even sure that's english

Just thought it was just another 'girl power pop song' with an edgey singer tbqh. The more I listened to it and understood the lyrics I started to dig it. Then I went through her older songs on Visions. Loved most of them (Some like Visiting Statue and Vowels I'm still not that fond off)

Absolutely love the rest of her songs though.

It's English, retard

Proud of Grimes

Because we like laughing at the haters' crocodile tears.

This

go back to your ESL class pablo you were obviously sleeping through your "basic grammatical syntax" lessons

From now on, when that retard strikes, let's all report his crap and let the mods do their job.

>Dieee
wow grimes actually took the words right out of my mouth

i wish she would die too desu

suck a pen15 faggot

hey man I'm just here to share these fun images that truly capture grimer's inner beauty

idk why you guys hate me so much i have so much i want to share with you

what's the context of this conversation, I'd like to know, it's pretty funny. It's not the first time I'm seeing it and I have no idea what is about.

Keep reporting this utter nutjob

you know telling people to report is against the rules right

oh yeah no you dont you got here 3 months ago

That sentence is correct, retard. Prove me wrong.

the verb "is" has no object

yeah it is

Not at all. First came across the music videos for Oblivion and Genesis in the summer of 2014 and instantly identified everything about her and her art (which I assumed at the time was being produced for her by an entire team in the usual fashion) as being intriguing, but ultimately not at all suited to my tastes.

Didn't give her a second thought until March of 2016, when I randomly stumbled on her KEXP live session performance, which finally motivated me to go check out her entire discography. Even after that, it took me at least an entire week of listening to her disco non-stop (I like to stress-test artist's entiee discographies when I first discover them) before I felt confident enough to say whether or not I liked it.

As of right now, she is my undisputed pick for the best musical artists of at least the past 20-30 years.

Get the hell out of here. Check my sentence with any grammar check you want. e.g. Try this one, spammy nincompoop - grammarcheck.net/editor/

Again, prove me wrong objectively.

maybe you've seen it before

i didn't think i'd ever see grimes in black leather. do you think she'll block youtube comments on this arty video?

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHHAHA

you guys are pathetic

Let's pretend we're pathetic. Now what?

yeah i look at that picture every morning

>links me some dumbass freemium grammar check website as if that's somehow a valid source
>there are fucking 5 year olds who could tell you what the problem with that sentence is
>you were obviously aiming for "You're not very creative are you" or "That's not very creative is it" and came up with a nonsensical fusion of the two
"IS" IS A TRANSITIVE VERB

IT ALWAYS NEEDS AN OBJECT

THE SENTENCE DOES NOT PROVIDE AN OBJECT FOR THE VERB "IS"

IT IS FUCKING INCORRECT

i wasn't trying to be funny =(

>You're not very creative, isn't it dipshit?
is correct, like it or not.

quora.com/Is-isnt-it-grammatically-correct

>Your term "isn't it" can be made into a grammatically correct sentence with the addition of a question mark: "Isn't it?". It is a little colloquial, and many would prefer "Is it not?", but the grammar is fine.

Now fuck off where you belong

Sup Forums - music

By the way, if you don't like my English, you're free to suck my English

THIS.

The end result last time around was truly entertaining (see )

Hopefully the mods will ban him forever. The world is a better place without his "contributions".

lol epic

Yeah - kinda like you ITT.

>Not following proper punctuation or capitalization rules...

Sometimes failure is hilarious.

She's very pretty.

You need to listen to this cool Grimes mix mixcloud.com/Gardener/grimes-in-session-mix/

It includes 3 of her songs, River, Swan Song and Black Hair.

she used to take so much drug. it's sad to think about

the songs off of Halfaxa sound mastered differently, or she slathered reverb on top of them so they were listenable

>listenable
Lol. Poor trolling detected.

i trolled your mom last night

put her in the sexual

Black Hair? What album is that from?