What does Sup Forums think of Bob Dylan?

What does Sup Forums think of Bob Dylan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmwCYvkSXuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

White guy who appropriated Black music to get famous. White America loves there white male to show off. Completely overrated, can't sing, writes terrible songs, always out of key, etc.

But yeah lmao, tell me how he deserved the """""Nobel Prize"""""" (White privilege before us, folks).

Almost singlehandedly legitimized rock/pop music as an artform. Whether or not you personally like his music, if you're a fan of any kind of forward thinking pop music (meaning anything not traditional or classical) you owe it to him.

Also his songs are damn good.

I know this is almost certainly a troll, but like come on try harder. Dylan didn't even have that big of a delta blues type of influence, if he ripped off anybody it was just other white people.

OF WAR AND PEACE THE TRUTH JUST TWISTS
ITS CURFEW GULL IT GLIDES

this af
>now Donovan is "Black music"?

I heard that he was greatly influenced by Woody Guthrie and a few other folk people, not sure if he ripped any of them off or not.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmwCYvkSXuM

i like this song, except not the butt smell live version but the studio

i don't really like him, usually
also i think he was a dick to dave van ronk

What did he do to Dave?

He didn't even acknowledge the win or attend the ceremony. If you're serious find a better target for your misguided vitriol

I mean, I think it's pretty clear and well known that he shamelessly stole a lot from that folk tradition, thought that's sort of what that whole scene was in the first place, and built so much upon what he took that I think it's more than justified.

well he did record House of the Rising Sun without his permission, though desu his version was better anyways. Might be the only time Dylan ever out sung Dave.

Highway 61 Revisited is GOAT

be groovy or leave man

They'll stone ya when you receive an award

Honestly, as much as I like music I really haven't really listened to his stuff.

i dont listen to him much anymore because i find a lot of his stuff kind of boring (and im actually a folk music fan in general), but i appreciate that he was a very influential and prolific songwriter

Listen to Highway 61 Revisited NOW. All of his stuff is on Spotify.

Boob Dildo

America's greatest songwriter by a mile.

>robert allen zimmerman
>(((white)))

get blonde on blonde

>He didn't even acknowledge the win or attend the ceremony

He did respond, user. Google it.

Anybody holding out any hope for more consequential recordings from our Lord Zimmy or is it all downhill from here?

his music is overrated, but his influence is overrated.

i don't like any of his music, but i recognize that he influenced some of the most important artists of all time, such as the beatles and the velvet underground.

I never realized Woody Guthrie was black.

What pop music? Those albums weren't his most critically acclaimed ones. And no, folk music != pop music. I'm not sure if you were trying to imply that.

I wrote in that comment that I'm using pop in it's original sense, as in popular, as in anything that isn't traditional folk, classical.

He legitimized music made for popular consumption as an artform. I don't get what's so difficult to understand there.

And contemporary folk music is pop music. There's nothing wrong with that but it is what it is.

Don't listen to this guy Blood on the Tracks, Blonde on Blonde and Desire are better.

never ask Sup Forums what they think

he's my favorite artist

I think its funny how he did all that protest music then a the height of all the civil rights and assassinations and junk he released a country music album.
Also when he does that voice and says "lay lady lay" i bust a gut

GOAT

60's Dylan is GOAT!
Anything after that is meh.

Terrible taste. Bob Dylan is one of the few artists of the era to make significant albums later in his career.

Time Out of Mind is fucking gold.