These L.A. phonies and their Pitchfork bands

>These L.A. phonies and their Pitchfork bands
>That sound like dollar signs and Amy Grant

Holy shit. Pitchfork BTFO

literally and figuratively /ourguy/

is father john misty more popular than fleet foxes at this point?

kek this guy has directly benefited from p4k

real deep coming from a guy who piggybacked off p4k and spent 20 minutes of his concert complaining about trump and shit

>old indie man yells at cloud

>Pitchfork
>bands
lmao. what does he think it is? 2011?

>Well, I'm beginning to begin to see the end
>Of how it all goes down between me and them
>Some 10 verse chorus-less diatribe
>Plays as they all jump ship, "I used to like this guy
>His new songs kind of make me want to die"

Is he the smartest guy making music right now? He's so honest in a dishonest way. Sun kil moon is honest in letting out his life bare but fjm is unafraid of letting his true inner asshole. It's really refreshing.

i agree. there's no pretense in these lyrics or some attempt to seem profound. he's speaking frankly in song form. it's probably really therapeutic. more musicians should try this

The huge amount of meta lyrics alone is annoying, and ILYHB was my AOTY 2015. Not sure I like the new direction.

>Is he the smartest guy making music right now?
Probably not.

True Comedy is currently my SOTY

(I know it's only February but god damn I love that song)

I really fucking like FJM. He is polarizing, smart, witty, and despite what anyone else says he has a refreshing personality. If there's one thing music today lacks I feel like it's artists with unique personas.

I think he started working on this album before ILYHB even came out.

goddamn you, you fucking worms, for having a shit opinion on the internet

then his whole persona has gone over your head

explain

Of course.
I think fjm has it in him to go like full mainstream, and become more than just some indie guy.
he'll probably pretend to be mad that he is famous if that happens.

But ILYB came out like 2 years. I would have also thought he would have changed the lyrics to be more accurate to current times.

My shaver is in! Do you know how lkong I'vew waite for that?

Pitchfork still has trendy bands they support and I think this line is supposed to be self-referential.

well done I couldn't have done it

>ILYHB was my AOTY 2015. Not sure I like the new direction.

I'm probably the biggest FJM fan alive and I'm not really feeling this either. I feel like he read too many blog posts about Bored in the USA and decided to do an entire album of that.

I'm not sure on whats different, maybe I'm just sick of every fucking celebrity and artist having to voice their opinion on Trump and our current society and shit, but whereas I found Bored in the USA smart and funny I've kind of just been annoyed with this stuff.