She shouldn't be alive ffs

She shouldn't be alive ffs.

a girl has plot armor

But she is. So deal with it you pathetic virgin.

The simplest explanation: the one supported by the way the actors played the scene, is that

Jaqen didn't believe she'd successfully suppressed her identity, but he said it anyway as a last ditch effort to A) not get stabbed, and B) keep her from leaving the cult.

Arya rejects the offer and leaves. Jaq is happy to not have a hole in his heart.

Becoming 'no one' isn't anything but a brainwashing/propaganda loyalty enforcer. Same with "owing the one god" a life.

The faceless men aren't invincible. They have a few magic tricks, conventional training, and a lot of inflated mystique that let's them keep their followers in check.

Arya rejected two big pieces of their propaganda, and killed an assassin that they sent after her.

They aren't going to waste any more resources on a failed recruit that only wants to go her own way.

So Jacques shrugs, gives her a smirk and lets her leave.

That's it.

The funniest part is that the Faceless men are so good at maintaining their own mythical reputation, that VIEWERS IN THE REAL WORLD actually believe that Jaquen would somehow be capable of disarming and killing someone that his holding a sword directly to his heart.

Does a rapier have a cutting edge?

>Le strong women who no need no ma.

Seriously is what that show has become, what did you expected.

Are you a mysoginist or something you racist

My idea is that actually the Waif killed Arya and she is now wearing Arya's mask.

It can cut candles.

>get stabbed repeatedly in the stomach
>get stitched up
>do parkour a few hours later

I wish I were as strong as a woman

He killed a dozen lannisters in their own encampment, pretty sure he can handle a mortally wounded little girl

>stabbed in the gut by a trained assassin
>fall into a river which is likely 80% sewage
>couple of bandages and a bowl of soup from someone who isn't even a doctor, no wuckas

They weren't holding a sword to his chest while he stands there unarmed in a linen bed-sheet.

Well she took some drugs so that probably leveled her up.

Or so my electronic games taught me.

>2 days later, start running and jumping around like jason bourne

seriously, the writing quality has so drastically fallen that it's scary

Chest -- not gut.

Punctured lung at worst. At their level of medicine, chest would is survivable -- gut wound is not.

It's just a TV show. Fuck off

>donkey punch to the back of the head as she walks away
Done

She drank milk of the poppy, a primitive version of morphine

He could of grabbed the blade with one hand while stepping into her simultaneously, and then killed her with his free hand before she could blink. But he didn't cause he is a nice guy.

Are you fucking retarded? Or do you not have any fucking knowledge of the human anatomy?

Guys, what if the waif stabbed too low and only hit her in the uterus?

That this show would just show hate crime after hate crime against women and the legal team would fight back like the fall of the third reich....

wow it sounds stupid now that i said it aloud.

>He could of
everything you said has been discarded.
What you said was bullshit anyway though.

not really, needle is a tiny blade and arya is a weak little girl in need of medical attention.

love lucifer

But the waif killed arya and is wearing her face now in an attempt to get on the iron throne. She wasn't bleeding anymore once she placed the face on the wall.

Why do you think she asked permission to kill arya once she deserted them? It's not out of hate. She wants power and the stark name gives it to her.

How low do you think the lungs are m8

The pool in the temple has a healing quality its what healed aryas eyes

Why would he willingly die just to maybe kill one failed recruit?

He wouldn't die, he would just fuck his hand up from deathgripping a sharp blade while he chokes a bitch out with his other hand. Pool could fix his wounds easy.

I like how the actress gives her hot soup to cure the puncture in her intestines/stomach. In a modern hospital she would be barred from eating for weeks probably while living on iv

I'm pretty pleased that there was actually a feasible reason why she could win against the Waifu.
I was waiting for someone to come up and save her ass, or some bullshit in which she manages to just out-fucking-skill a master assassin while gravely wounded. I guess not everybody gets blindness training, so yeah, pretty good stuff.
You could say Arya should've died from the stabbing in the first place, and I can''t really disagree. I guess it just didn't go very deep because the Waif wanted her to suffer.
And Jaqen letting her leave? Shit, he liked her, why would he kill her? Somebody died, and that's good enough.

On the other end of the spectrum, Dany popping through the window to save the city in its hour of need is not something I needed to see. That shit has overstayed its welcome.

I liked that Drogon was fucking off to murk ships in the background of that scene.

It all comes down to placement.

It's a sharp knife, not an expanding hollow-point. It makes a clean narrow channel. In the heart, that kills you. In the gut, you die of sepsis -- slowly.

If you don't hit a major artery or organ, then you can live.

Stabbed in the chest, the only things yous hit would be heart, esophagus or lungs. Since she didn't immediately bleed out, it wasn't her heart. A punctured lung is fairly survivable provided you prevent fluid from building inside.. and you have two if them.

Contamination from the river is a problem, but much easier to deal with than bacteria from your own gut. They were smart enough then to used boiled wine, and even maggots to clean woulds, and stitching wounds goes back further than the middle ages.

It's a fantasy world bro and bad writing by D&D, two hacks whose writing has holes whenever they try to get creative. Honest I think D&D purposely sabotaged the writing for some reason, there's no way those 2 idiots are that incompetent.

I'm thinking something occuring where they must get a cut of the left over budget for themselves, so they cut out and slapped together some cheap nonsense with every corner cut due to greed.

It's laudnum -- an opium tincture you put in wine or tea.

Same stuff romantic poets tripped on in the early 19th century.

Yeah the candle thing wasnt terrible and its actually clever since arya gets blind in the books. Ill be interested if it was DnD who thought about this or if this was still martin. The whole thing would be mostly fine if not for the horrible injury. Why did she need TWO stab wounds to her intestines? Why not a blunt injury or a stab somewhere else, or a long cut (which she also has). Even normies should notice how unrealistic her recovery is. It makes the whole thing weightless. Areo dies instantly from one stab. Roose as well. They take so much pride in the apperent danger to every character but its not as true as they make it out to be

That's not from the show, that's a production still. They shoot that on set with an SLR. Non continuity.

Luck build?

Morphine is one chemical, not the mixture of opiates which comprises opium ("poppy milk").

Ok yea, but why get stabbed in the gut or wherever she did, make her get stabbed in shoulder or ass or thigh, like she squirms out the way to avoid the waif's stabbing, bad writing, D&D not giving two shits and just slapping garbage together that looks cool to 2 dorks and edgy, oh wow look dabid she gets stabbed in intestines, but get this dabid, arya is so bad ass she lives, even though she plops in sewage after dabid! Dabid, you like it dabid, dabid do the thing you do with your middle finger to me dabid...

I was speaking in regards to its effects and purpose within the show

>Ok yea, but why get stabbed in the gut or wherever she did, make her get stabbed in shoulder or ass or thigh, like she squirms out the way to avoid the waif's stabbing, bad writing, D&D not giving two shits and just slapping garbage together that looks cool
...are you actually looking at the way the scene was blocked on-set and then blaming the writers/show-runners????

That's now how TV production works.

I haven't watched the show, but I'm pretty sure I've heard shit about magic and dragons and shit. People coming back from the dead and such.
So my question would be, are fans of this show really suprised that a character survived a stabbing in the gut?

I CAN4T GET OVER THIS SHIT

Think about it, she trained with FM, obviously she trained to avoid being attacked, like taking a knife wound in the forearm, blocking stabs with forearm, hands etc to protect organs. Wouldn't have it been more badass the waif stabbing and arya blocking with her forearm or hand the blows, and not letting them go in deep, then hand arm bleeding she dives into the water, instead of vital organs hit. You'd think wow, she was trained well by the FM.

>Trained to avoid being attacked
She should have stayed training cause she was well attacked innit

>I haven't watched the show
Then why the fuck are you posting? This wasn't an obvious magical moment like we've seen with other characters. And yet more characters have received similar stabbings and just died right away.

Are you actually looking at creating something more believable and that fits Arya's character? She did training for 2 seasons, we just see her blind and training with a staff mostly. Why no knife fighting.

It would be more believable then when the waif stabs down that arya deflets blocks her organs with one arm or hand the dagger blows. it doesn;t work why? Because you said it doesn't ?

Same as every other show with potential
>oh cool characters with stories and motives are getting killed off
and then the inevitable
>obvious plot armour characters

Right ok.

>Why are you posting
Because I can you little shit. Why are you posting? You got something invested?

>Pool could fix his wounds easy.

what the hell are you smoking -- the pool is poison.

In all fairness he drinks poison and plops dead and then a man is alive again :^)

Then why did it heal arya's blindness?

Survive is one thing, being able to fucking free-run after eight hours is something completely different. Not even with "our level" of medicine could you do that after being stabbed in the chest four times and jumping down in sewage.

You're not listening.

Read what I wrote.

The way a director blocks a scene on-set is a responsibility separate from the people that come up with the shooting script.

The script often will just read

>she is stabbed from behind

and it's up to the particular director that is working on that particular episode to interpret that.

Show-runners are often writers, and sometimes directors too, but they never direct every single episode. Hell, they often don't even personally write every single episode, though for some shows this happens.

What I'm saying, is that it makes no sense to blame scene blocking on anyone other than the individual who directed the actors on set for that particular episode.

How long passed between the two episodes?

Didn't she break he stitches and start bleeding again?

Makes me kek at last weeks speculation.

>Was it actually Jaquen?
>Was it fake blood?
>Is the waif a figment or Arya's imagination?

Lol no Lady Crane is just handy with bandages.

Bravo Dabid.

yes, right, ok. So its scene blocking, right. Then why not get someone on the set to choreograph the fight scene into something more believable. I don't think you're paying attention to what I'm writing still.

Only a night obviously(for the arya arc that is). Otherwise, she would've left by ship already and not just wait around until waif finds her.

A laudnum trip can last for days, man.

So the Hound's destiny is obviously to kill his brother. Two holy men of two faiths told him he is alive for a reason.

What reason is Ayra alive? Who will she kill, after returning to Westoros?

I think this is the stupidest ending yet. Is there some neat theory that makes it sound less moronic?

She had a list of names, maybe she remembers them or wrote them down somewhere. Who knows.

>Then why not get someone on the set to choreograph the fight scene into something more believable.

That is the responsibility of the director. Each episode has its own director.
Look. You gotta understand that a lot of this is because it's TV.

In a feature film, things work differently. You have a longer time to plan things out, more pre-production, more second-guessing, less decisions made on the fly, bigger budgets, a single director who can oversee the whole thing start to finish. For a movie, you can pay to storyboard *every* *single* *cut* in preproduction, and have a good idea of how everything looks before you even start shooting.

In TV it's different: you have show-runners -- who are executive producers, writers, and directors all at once, that hire other directors and juggle multiple episodes at once. They delegate a lot of responsibility because there's no way anyone can keep tabs on all of it while sticking to schedule and budget. A lot of details of things like blocking, editing, and even shot geography are done on-the-fly using existing sets and assets. Show runners and writers often will not have a direct hand in how anything actually looks during shooting. Unless the show runners or the writers specifically tell actors or directors to do things a certain way, those people will use their own best judgement.

This is unavoidable in TV. This isn't like auteur film-making -- there's simply too much going on, too quickly for any one person (or even two people) to keeps tabs on every detail.

You still deliberately miss the point. The user you replied to, me, the people complaining, you don't actually think we care who's responsible do you? From my point of view it's a bad string of scenes. I expect better, after all I'm paying for it. I don't care if its the writers or the two directors or the scene choreographer or fucking anybody else. The guy responsible shouldn't have been the one responsible, he made an awful job. And of course we are a minority so the show is going to stay shit like this but we can complain about it on an image board. I just don't understand why you're defending anybody

So don't blame it on 'D&D'.

I know it's you

stop it

They are the main face of the production. Why would you even defend them anyway? Whatever

This. Disarming is not difficult to a well trained martial artist.

They were adult men...

>She shouldn't be alive ffs.
You have something in common, OP

She literally learnt to fight blind you mong

she only trained to fight blind a few days, and couldn't beat the waif any single time.

also, she was wounded.

but waif wasn't blind

logically and in previous seasons she would've died

she decided to go against the faceless men and her actions should've led to her doom. but since stannis got rekt by ramsey with no logic behind it, this has been a common thing.

No, syrio forrell used to blindfold and teach her to fight and she got that world class intensive training for like a year

The water in the pool is also poisonous

I perceived that jaqen was proud of her and he was just certainly not afraid of dying

just because she is a girl

that squash is a smug.SMUG

What would happen?
U-ter-us!

This is absurd.

>You: this is D&D's fault!
>me: that's provably false. This tv is collaborative and this decision didn't happen anywhere near them.
>you: hurff durff that's not what I said! Why are you defending them? They're the show runners therefore we can blame them for everything
Yeah okay. Next time my faucet leaks, I'll blame the architect and the developer instead of the plumbing installer.

Maybe it wasn´t the pool.

You forgetting that you are talking to a group of Austists who can't get over the fact that in the course of showing 60 hours of footage and a dealing with large crew in mutliple locations not every single piece of footage will be 100% perfect to their liking.

MY MILFU DIED BECAUSE OF THIS GREMLIN

The hound survived worse

Now I regret keeping this thread open ;_; If my faucet leaks i can most certainly blame the head of the construction company who employed the plumber. He wouldnt be the one making the mistake directly (if you dont consider it a mistake to hire a bad plumber in the first place) but hes still responsible. DnD are not only the writers, they are executive producers and they call themselves the 'creators' of the show. I can and will blame them for this. I im pretty sure you are trolling me though so i might not reply again

>The funniest part is that the Faceless men are so good at maintaining their own mythical reputation, that VIEWERS IN THE REAL WORLD actually believe that Jaquen would somehow be capable of disarming and killing someone that his holding a sword directly to his heart.

I think viewers are wondering why he wasn't able to overpower and kill a 14-year old girl before she managed to put a sword on his chest.

>ywn have plot armour

hurts to live senpai

>semen demons Lady Crane and Waif are dead to further Arya plotline

Feels bad man.

How come feminists aren't up in arms tho?

If she's alive, then Ramsay is going to win.

Who is she going to take revenge on if not Ramsay?

Maybe he was just tired of her shit and decided to just let her go an be done with it?

Jaquen doesn't fear death you retard.

>people on this board RIGHT NOW are still actively defending this episode

Mary Sue the character

A girl doesn't need sexy knee caps

He does.

Remember his panic when area said his name?