Kanye is the most innovative rapper ali-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=epgGD9j7FGM
youtube.com/watch?v=Yki6xuDq6f8
youtube.com/watch?v=mvOgbHYwhFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would argue that danny brown's music is more innovative. For example, on his new album he is literally rapping over post punk joy division instrumentals. It also fucking works. In terms of innovation with production, I would argue that kanye is the most because he is actually making all the beats. His rapping abilities are trash though

as far as furthering trap Travis is leading the way though, rapping over joy division isn't the future this is

youtube.com/watch?v=epgGD9j7FGM

that song is so fucking based holy shit like the album was kinda meh but this has quickly become one of my all time favs.

>as far as furthering trap Travis is leading the way though
explain how

but kanye influenced travis in so many ways

Rodeo breached my top 5 favorite albums of all time. The second most recent album in my top 50 albums of all time came out in 1988, and the rest are mostly jazz and folk.

My question is where did I find this extra chromosome?

(BITTSBM is still fuckin trash tho)

Travis owes everything to Kanye.

Kanye took Cudi under his wing now Cudi is taking Travis

>(BITTSBM is still fuckin trash tho)
true desu.

Can someone explain to me why they like this kind of style of "rap". I can't get into this kind of lazy or unenthusiastic style. It just sounds bland

don't bother they're just gonna use buzzwords like "vibe" and "lit" and you gotta be feeling a certain way to get it.

trap is so fucking bad

i don't get why you are always so negative about trap. i mean very obviously these songs are not lyrical masterpieces or anything but that's what i like about it. it's not about lyrical intricacy but about the sound and the music itself. By saying "rap" you are basically already explaining it. They are singing more than they are rapping basically. It's also obviously not very musically sophisticated either but trap is essentially just the new pop. easily digested music for casual enjoyment. What's so hard to understand about that? It's not rocket science. No need to be a stuck up tryhard i mean it's legitimate if you don't like it but acting like you don't "understand" why people like it is kinda foolish.

so like i said you don't know why you enjoy it besides "vibe" and resort to name-calling(tryhard) to justify your reasoning.
cool

bittsm was probably the biggest disappointment of 2016 for me

are you intentionally being retarded like what the fuck.

he leeches off of atlanta then adds 6 minute long instrumental wank sections so kids in gated communities can pretend they are superior people

I don't even like to listen to it casually. There are plenty of artists who manage to sound enthusiastic and also able to get a message across across without having it sound so laidback and lazy but still able to enjoy or just to chill

you still have not explained whats so good about the genre besides your Dionysian feels to it.

i never said there was anything more to it what i was saying is that i don't get how you can't seem to understand that this is enough reason to warrant enjoying this style of music.

you're a bigger idiot then the dweeb rocking his copy of illmatic while he complains about trap music, 'trap music' did not magically fall out of the sky in 2013 when tra$h scott and migos arrived

I would've agreed after Rodeo, which was amazing, but Birds was a huge let-down

so its a guilty pleasure for you.
cool

why do y'all have to take this shit so seriously jesus christ ok i'll give it one more attempt. i realize there is musically intricate 'trap' and that it didn't fall from the sky. Literally the only thing i wanted to say is that all it takes for a song to be enjoyed is it giving you good "vibes" as the other very enthusiastic poster said. In fact this is all it takes to make a song a "hit". I don't want to argue about hip hop or music in general because i think it's pointless and just getting in the way of actually enjoying music.

travis scat's manchild screeching and overblown kanye scraps production has made kids forget that 'trap music' is from a place and it's lyrical content (again, not travis scott rapping about cocaine and lice) is as valid as any other rap record

some of it is 'easily digestible' because some of it is also pop music like the sugar hill gang 40 years before

No it's not why would i feel 'guilty' for enjoying something. I don't identify and build my personality around my pseudo sophisticated taste in music. This is why i haven't posted here in like 3 years because you people seem to have completely forgotten how to enjoy music and are always looking for ways to fucking shit on other people based on their taste in music which is childish as fuck to say the least.

the spoilt rich kid vibe? kevin gates made a better hit that might be remembered in a decade with three quarters less effort

when somebody tries to talk about antidote in ten years everybody is going to think that they are talking about rae sremmurd

ok whatever dude i'll just go back to occasionally lurking here because indulging in discussion with you people is really draining and frankly not worth my time.

its all good homie. nothing wrong with having bad taste. its lit brah

ok made me laugh but you're still a fucking fag

damn nice homophobia
whats your thoughts on this banger? it has so many good vibes. don't be a tryhard

didn't listen to it because i find the album art repulsive and i can't listen to music with ugly album art.

Bittsm is his best and coordinate is good

best post ITT

And I mean, Danny Brown literally rapped over a This Heat sample and made it work

are you memeing me

Wrong.

Right.

Trap will be the death of rap, just like how grunge was the death of rock.

No.

This is the one time I will wholeheartedly agree with Fantano.

who will be the kurt cobain of trap, i.e. who will an hero

Owl Pharaoh was great
Days Before Rodeo was great.
Rodeo was alright.
Birds was trash.

He's not getting better as an artist, he's getting worse.

Danny Brown has innovated more, but Travis is way more influential at the moment, no debate.

Good joke user

Kanye

>Days Before Rodeo was great.
His best project IMO

(p.s. bernie would've won)

I would argue that Charles Hamilton's music is more innovative. For example, on his 2016 mixtape Iconoclast he's literally rapping over Alice In Chains. It also fucking works. In terms of innovation with production, I would argue that Charles is the most because he is actually making all the beats unlike Kanye with his army of co-producers. His rapping abilities are also unparallaled, nigga went to mental asylum because he was freestyling everyday conversation

youtube.com/watch?v=Yki6xuDq6f8

youtube.com/watch?v=mvOgbHYwhFo

Travis Scott is more creative than most trap rappers but he's still not doing anything special. Birds In the Trap was pretty basic. I'd say Danny Brown is the most innovative right now.

Kendrick's overall sound isn't wholly innovative but the way he does things always feels so fresh and brand new.

birds in the trap has grown on me a lot the more I listen to it. I thought it was kind of meh at first

>Birds In the Trap was pretty basic.
Nah it was shit.

Owl Pharaoh < Days Before Rodeo >> BITTSM

not that owl or days were anything significant rodeo was pretty great

>he is actually making all the beats