/bloodports/

>tfw you will never buy a ticket to the games
>tfw you will never see Gladius Augustus plunge his sword into barbarians
>tfw you will never cheer on your emperor to allow the death of the filthy Carthaginians
>tfw you will never pig out on the local bread and water
>tfw you will never shitpost on the Sup Forums wall on the side of Marcurio's store

Why even live?
Will /bloodports/ make a comeback, sp?

Other urls found in this thread:

uwm.tv
usdebtclock.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe when we somehow once again have an economic system as debasing as slavery or feudalism, that reduce the value of human lives to literally nothing. Not even memeing, I would like to go back in time just to see what gladiators were like.

Most gladiator fights didn't end in death and most cuts were superficial to maximise blood without actual injury - it was more akin to wrestling

Only time there were deaths was when slaves or heathens were thrown into the arena

human lives ARE cheap, no matter how much we wish otherwise

they get swept under the rug when no ones looking all the time

Did you know Gladiators were the first athletes to endorse sponsorships?

>Will /bloodports/ make a comeback, sp?

I don't see how but I would be great.
As long as the fighters aren't slaves and are there on their own volition.
Would be the most famous and highest rated sport in every country and make billions in advertising alone.

Also imagine the feels if/when your /livelong/ Gladiator actually dies.

UFC is the modern equivalent

> you will never watch the fight in your local tavern drinking a pint before raping 3 qt grills and looting a village with your m8s

why live 2bH?

Maybe you should check UWM - unified weapons master.
uwm.tv

In the third world sure, but we still can't make them do anything more debasing than sweatshop work.

>I don't see how but I would be great.
cant think of any way other than nuclear holocaust fallout style

You don't know much about the world do you.

Surprised Isis doesn't make people fight to the death and post it, shit like that.

Mexican cartels got that covered senpai

Why not introduce "Gladiator Service" as an alternative to jail time for long term prisoners? So instead of say 10 years of jail, you could do 1 or 2 years of jail, and then 2 or 3 years of gladiator service. It would benefit all of society, and no one would be forced against their will

isn't that essentially the plot of deathrace?

I'd pay to watch that. Have a World Cup style competition where every decade or so countries pit their criminals against the others. Would probably be the one sport South Americans could dominate consistently.

I remember a couple years ago in Croatia, where they used an old Roman colosseum and used modern equipment to play an ice hockey game in it. Looked pretty based desu

>you will never pay your debts

>Yfw watch as lions maul the undesirables of society

Sheeeeeeiiiiiittttttttttt, let's bring that shit back.

pretty much

usdebtclock.org/

>Racists bigots vs sexist shitlords
I can see it happening in 20 years

>Will /bloodports/ make a comeback, sp?

In John Varley’s sci-fi novel “Steel Beach”, blood sports are common and popular, as biotechnology has advanced to the point that as long as the brain isn’t damaged, a person can have any of their organs easily replaced or even have an entire new body grown.