"hey dude i have an idea for an album. we'll take 2 shitty songs that everyone knows, mash them together...

>"hey dude i have an idea for an album. we'll take 2 shitty songs that everyone knows, mash them together, and repeat every few minutes for over an hour."
>Sup Forums likes it

fuck you if you unironically enjoy this

>"b-but the production!"
yeah its good but it doesnt matter
>"its f-funny music though!"
how much of a normie ass faggot do you have to be to want your music to be funny

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3yQFebRcznA&ab_channel=NeilCicieregaMusic
lemondemon.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=82fshB1F_tE
youtube.com/watch?v=6eN7YNv8P80
youtube.com/watch?v=x4yiKD5sCG0
soundcloud.com/coldssss/thundercat-race
soundcloud.com/lavalampghost/miilancholy-hill
soundcloud.com/memes-never-die/artificial-death-zone
soundcloud.com/zxax/takyon-for-what
soundcloud.com/urbec/lean-on-my-despair
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Autism

>It's another "user hates fun" epsode

>irreverence towards music that already doesn't take itself seriously
literally what's the point

>it doesn't matter
why, because you say so?

>"he doesnt think mashing jack black and korn is fun? what a retard!"

this is what Sup Forums has come to

This album literally defines the ethos of our generation: crude, post-post modern, and neoconsumerist. Excuse my buzzwords but I'm sorry you plebes just don't understand it yet.

>inb4 SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME
Fight me, you cucks

>"its f-funny music though!"
>how much of a normie ass faggot do you have to be to want your music to be funny

music can evoke any emotional response, same as any other art form. if a song can bring you to tears, another can make you laugh and its just as valid. how fucking joyless are you jesus christ

>why, because you say so?
no. im going to record myself shitting for an hour, put a few beats in the background, and youll enjoy it

i guess, if hearing smashmouth constitutes as funny for you.. in which case i have nothing to say

>this age-old slippery slope strawman whatever again, even in a situation where it doesn't have anything to do with anything
dude

if it's so easy to like this album

hating takes effort

thats not a slippery slope

this music is literal shit

It's boring and unfunny. I really don't get it. This isn't different from a Pink Guy album.

>It's "In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry
>Only he's added in the hook from "Paper Planes"

>The rest of the song is literally just random shit from The Simpsons, Disturbed, Home Improvement, and Austin Powers

>song gets credit for somehow masterfully blending these disparate elements

>in reality these disparate elements are just random junk in a song that is essentially just "In the Summertime x Paper Planes."

Brb mixing "Boom Clap" with "Cheap Thrills" then adding in a whole bunch of random sound affects like the Malcolm in the Middle theme song and fart noises to make the song seem more weird than it actually is.

It's not healthy to dislike an innocuous album so much.

So avocados were on sale at the local supermarket, so I bought myself a bag of six.

Since buying the bag avocados have taken over my life. Avocados aren't like other foods; they tell you when you're going to eat them. They're underripe and inedible for a week, ripe for two days, then they're ruined.

So when one of the avocados ripens, I have to eat it that day.

Not only do I have to eat it that day; I have to eat the whole avocado. Avocado doesn't keep. It turns brown and gross. So you have to eat the whole thing, and a whole avocado is a commitment. Eating a whole avocado is an ordeal. There's like 300 calories of fat in an avocado. That's tough to eat in one sitting. I'm not hungry for hours after eating an avocado.

So I power through it, only for another avocado to ripen the next day, beginning the cycle anew.

I see now how avocados take over the lives of so many white girls. Avocados are the periods of foods. If you have avocados, you have to live your lives around them.

It was a funny album, I give them that. But when Melontano gave it a fucking 9/10 I lost all my small fragments of remaining respect I had for him.
I mean come on, where's the Fantano who gave 5s and 6s to OK albums and kept his 8s and 9s to actually good albums?
By the time he started giving out his 3 10/10 ratings his channel already started to go shit.
I mean really? Of the 3 albums you consider a masterpiece does it have to be a political rap album, an EDM album and Swans' not even best album?

The difference between Pink Season and Mouth Moods is that PS is unnecessarily long whereas MM is just as long as it needs to be/never overstays its welcome and the humor of PS is that it's meant to be "so bad it's funny" whereas MM is actually good or at least has some effort put into it.

>MM is just as long as it needs to be/never overstays its welcome
dude its 56 minutes long
>the humor of PS is that it's meant to be "so bad it's funny" whereas MM is actually good or at least has some effort put into it
you dont think mashing notoriously shitty songs is making something that's supposed to be "so bad that it's funny?"

Ok, so Pink Season is long... what about S/T? I can't see how neither Frank or Neil are making interesting comedy...

>"funny" album
>full of stale memes
Sup Forums is full of epic memesters from KYM.

>dude its 56 minutes long
Yeah but I feel like there's no filler, there's plenty of filler on PS that could've easily have been taken out
>you dont think mashing notoriously shitty songs is making something that's supposed to be "so bad that it's funny?"
Not really. At least not compared to the material on PB. Plus then there's the whole argument of production quality
I actually prefer S/T. Nice quad btw

>generic trap with comedic lyrics
>comedic mashup
it's a completely different genre for one
>notoriously shitty songs
you only think that because they're overplayed, dont you?

if it seems weird, it is weird

I'm less bothered by the actual album than by how much praise it gets.

It's just a collection of funny meme mashups.

Mashups are usually shit, especially entire albums of them.

>try not to laugh vine challenge: the album
>Sup Forums likes it
yikes

>This isn't different from a Pink Guy album
I'd argue this is worse.
Pink guy is cancerous but there's actual music and lyrics there.
This is no different than BEE MOVIE ALL STAR LAZYTOWN BASS BOOSTED SHREK DORITOS FEDORA videos on YouTube

>how much of a normie ass faggot do you have to be to want your music to be funny
what in the actual fuck

>Muh production
>Album is literally pre-produced songs playing over one another
14 year old MLG fans go to such lengths

>Sup Forums likes it
No only fantano dick riders like it

This

Thanks for confirming that you haven't listened to it.

I thought the album was a fun time with good production, but now that it's pissing all of the aspies off I like it even more.

I'm with OP here. Years ago this is just of thing reddit would have exploded over and Sup Forums would have reviled. I guess the classic Sup Forums irony has gone a step too far, or neo-Sup Forums is truly a bunch of redditors who enjoy this shlock. Doesn't bother me though, I don't have to listen to it, and I've taken great comfort in the drastic decline in threads about this pile of shit as the weeks go on.

I'm emotionally prepared for some idiots to put this on their best of 2017 lists in about a year. Music is dead.

Lmao all these stupid contrrarians ITT, when it came out everyone praised it and now special snowflake faggots need to hate it

Was not smashmouth in it?

>"Idiot! They played Linkin Park and Jack Black! Not Smashmouth!"

Thanks for telling the world your opinion OP

except people didnt like it when it came out too

t. i was one of them

reminds me of the residents

It's like you didn't even listen to the album retards

it's a comedic album about memes yes. that tells me only what it is, it's not an actual judgement, yet this is the only "criticism" you guys ever have, how about at least trying to judge it on its own terms? you try hard enough to hate it so that shouldnt be too much to ask

>"Thanks for discussing music on a music board"

The fuck is wrong with you

you have to agree with the meme opinions if you want to stay here, buddy

Yeah. It's supposed to be retarded. Sounds like you've completely missed the point of Neil's music.
youtube.com/watch?v=3yQFebRcznA&ab_channel=NeilCicieregaMusic

so reddit

I bet people who liked mouth moods also liked this

So people are expected to like it because it sounds like what it was meant to sound like

OP didn't exactly give any good reasons for not liking it.

Where were all these people back when Mouth Sounds and Mouth Silence came out?

Sup Forums has always loved Neil, why are people freaking out all of a sudden?

Is Neil the Negativland of our generation?

>Someone didn't fall for the meme??
>Must be either trolling or never heard it!! How could someone not appreciate this masterpiece!!
Just kill yourself

Yeah user. Now you're getting it. It's like when other comedians pretend to be retards. Except with music.
Yes.

proof that he's a hack. you can say that mouth sounds and mouth silence had some novelty but it turns out to be the only thing he can do

Might want to reread the OP
First time hearing him myself

The fact that you think this is meme-music just goes to show how underage all of you are (I cannot wait until you are banned). The fact of the matter is all of the songs mashed up in this album were very popular in the 90s, and a couple in the 80s. There is literally

NOTHING
O
T
H
I
N
G

memey about this album. It's a well made, great sounding album that those of us over the age of 18 are able to appreciate and enjoy (and discuss here legally) for the great creative piece of musicianship and workmanship it is.

>"b-but SOME-BODY is a Shrek meme!!!1"

Shut the fuck up you snot nosed, middle school aged, pubes-haven't-quite-come-in-fully-yet twerp. I want you all to understand something. I know your mom probably wasn't even old enough to bear children when that song came out, but I was alive, and I was there, and let me tell you all that All Star by Smash Mouth was a "meme" (an unforced, natural "meme" at that) before the word "meme" was a twinkle in the eye of whatever faggot came up with that stupid word. And it was huge before that stupid movie Shrek ever came out too. EVERYONE knew that song, EVERYONE sung that song, you could not escape it wherever you went. Why? Because it was a great, catchy, excellently musical pop song. Same with This is the Story of a Girl. You pieces of shit.

Anyway, enjoy all your ban, I look forward to your return to this board in a few years after all of you turn 18 and have matured a bit and also caught up on your music and pop culture history!

i'm not surprised that the guy who got famous doing novelty harry potter comedy is really only capable of novelty comedy.

I'd like to reply to the copypasta above but without giving it a (you).

You're dumb go away

>the only thing he can do
>just a side project that he releases for free between his serious projects

thanks for the (you)

btw not reading all of that

post his "serious" stuff

>trying this hard to defend a meme
Sad!

lemondemon.bandcamp.com/

lurk moar fag

youtube.com/watch?v=82fshB1F_tE

agree

>Lemon Demon's songs are serious

Haha not really, no.

It's such a shame when people who clearly have tons of talent for producing waste their talents in service of mediocre jokes and memes.

He reminds me of FrankJavCee, but at least Frank occasionally makes something that's less of a complete joke and actually attempts to be sincere.

youtube.com/watch?v=6eN7YNv8P80
youtube.com/watch?v=x4yiKD5sCG0

>music with a sense of humor can't possibly be serious
spirit phone is 10/10 synthpop

Made me laugh

bustin' makes me feel good

uwu

>"hey dude i have an idea for athread. let's bash on people for enjoying a comedy album, and then once it gets archived at 250+ posts we'll do it again!"

fuck you if you unironically do this

>b-b-b-b-b-but it's shitty
just like the thread desu
>its f-f-f-f-f-f-fun to bash on people for this!
how much of a self-centerd ass faggot do you have to be to enjoy making threads bullying others

reddit sjw tier "music"

It's a fine, fun album. My only problem with it is has more to do with the people treating it as the best of its kind when Truxton already did the same, but better.

is that furry SHIT??? on MY /mew/???

*raises paw* :|

link?
shit made by furries tend to be interesting

Neil is post-poseurcore

This is the rare pasta that is actually correct and makes sense.

Are there no Oasis samples in it?

Agreed
Cabinet Man is in my Top 10 songs from 2016

samefag

kek stay in denial

>Renard
fuck off furfag

Can we post other mashups?
soundcloud.com/coldssss/thundercat-race
soundcloud.com/lavalampghost/miilancholy-hill
soundcloud.com/memes-never-die/artificial-death-zone
soundcloud.com/zxax/takyon-for-what