Is this the best Post-Hardcore album of the 2010's?

Is this the best Post-Hardcore album of the 2010's?

I actually can't think of anything that comes close. The rest of them are just generic as shit with rough-clean vocal dynamics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H8IT-xrQRqk
youtube.com/watch?v=wc4A6s33cyI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DAMN THIS IS SO GOOD
IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE IT
PLEASE

Desaparecidos - Payola

Checking this out now. Pray that you aren't exaggerating!

great.
minor spoiler:it's also kind of a book.there are short stories and letters,they all reflect the narrator situation in a way
also how did you find a picture of me

Not really.

The problem with La Dispute is that they made a record so good they basically shut down every album in the 2010's as far as Post-Hardcore goes.

You won't find another album, or band, with La Dispute's dynamic and alternating sounds.

>Spoken word portions that are stellar
>Unique vocalist
>Incredible lyrics that tell little stories and vignettes
>Progressive and Post-Rock influences
>Unique instrumentation/bringing in custom instruments for the album

And of course, how can you forget the legendary King Park?
youtube.com/watch?v=H8IT-xrQRqk

MAYBE Touche Amore - Is Survived By comes close. But honestly, Wildlife is just in a league of it's own.

He's not. Wildlife is a god tier album if you like post-hardcore.

>Desaparecidos - Payola
Yooooo Conner Oberst is in this band? The dude from Bright Eyes does Post-Hardcore?

What about this?

>Brand New
>Post-Hardcore

More Emo imo

Ah fuck, then I guess I like emo music now. I didn't know emo could be that diverse.

If I was blinded by pop culture emo music then I must be blinded by pop culture grunge music. I need to find good grunge music. And probably good 80s music. And before then.

He did post-hardcore before any of these bands existed. Get their debut.

Dude, there's tons of Emo out there. It's an old genre.

You're not thinking of MCR and what not, right?

When I think of Emo, I think American Football, Sunny Day Real Estate, Empire! Empire! etc

Yeah for the most part. I realy havent thought about emo music in years so maybe thats part of it.

Listening to this American Football album on YouTube sounds awesome and I used to live Sunny Day Real Estate. Maybe i need to go on a binge

Go binge my dude, after you listen to Wildlife.

If this was instrumental, it'd be post rock.

Explain. I don't see a whole lot of intricate textures and timbre on here

Will check them out. Hot damn I'm excited, I love bright eyes

No, but there is a lot of dynamics shifts and crescendos. If anything, it's more influenced by 3rd wave post-rock. Welcome to Bangkok is definitely post rock though

Definitely one of my favorite albums ever.

I've been listening to youtube.com/watch?v=wc4A6s33cyI a lot recently and it reminds me a lot of LD/early mwY so you guys might enjoy them also.

Plus, there's probably more going on than you think during the big moments on tracks like limousine. The drums, bass, vocals, and guitar are all there, but there's occasionally things like tape loops and keyboards to

what mewithoutyou album should i listen to? i already know 10 stories but it's not nearly as good as wildlife

This or wake by hail the sun

most people seem to like Catch for Us the Foxes or A--->B Life

though I personally have not been able to get into those albums. Pale Horses on the other hand I think is amazing and was one of my favorite albums in 2015, probably not a commonly shared sentiment though.

I guess I just had trouble interpreting Brand New as being Post-Rock. I listen to Post-Rock for errant song structures, interesting use of texture and timbre. It's hard to bring that back to Brand New