youtube.com/watch?v=aDUUnBgisho
youtube.com/watch?v=FLlvVcY9ZLs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

breakdown bby

I like this better desu

hyper pleb

same tbqh. it's a lot more compact and has better songwriting

>Implying songwriting was a priority on V:D:C
I mean I love both, but V:D:C is more about the texture and IDM influence than YWNKW

yeah and I get that, they're both great albums either way for their own styles. YWNKW just is a lot more enjoyable album to listen to all the way through, but V:D:C definitely is a toptier idm/shoegaze-album

I KNOW YOU TOOOO WELL

Boring glitch, derivative shoegaze, only a few memorable parts to this incredibly long album. Overrated for sure.

No one unironically likes it.

>there will never be a comfier album

how do the rest of you cope

I do

Suggest something better then

What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise.

shit taste

my dude, so underrated and always completely overshadowed by v:d:c

listen to the whole thing and you'll get it

meme
you just fell for meme

No you don't

whoa, an average shoegaze but they threw some glitch!? HOW DID THEY DO IT WTF 10/10 MY FEELS

_|_

I've put pretending on so many mixes

not true
its okay. i love airsupply. still not even close to v;d;c
te frist track is pretty good if you enjoy a bit of glitch. i love it. but no this kind of glitch isn't all there is to it, keep listening.

More stuff like Tekka?

unironically 21 Pilots

this

Some Autechre, particularly Gantz Graf

I like this a lot but idk if I like it more. Listening to pretending on the tail end of an acid trip was supreme though.

it's good but it's like they took Velocity design comfort and took all the electronics away, so you're just left with OK comfy stuff we've all heard before

Please tell me another glitch + Shoegaze album that comes close

Reminder that it's impossible to like something "ironically"

>Baby's first IDM track
Tekka is the albums pleb filter and the only time it goes full IDM. Just skip it to get to the meat of the album.

The guy who made it actually likes it more than V:D:C. I don't agree with him, but still.

t. illiterate retard

Tell me wise Sage, oh mighty English professor, how does one like something ironically?

worst taste ever on this board, bet you likr some derivative shit
this is unironically my favorite album

This album doesn't "combine" glitch and shoegaze like most would have you believe. It merely alternates between the genres and tries to sell you on the fact that it's doing something that no one else has done before. So my recommendation is to listen to the best shoegaze albums and the best IDM albums.

Loveless isn't my favorite, but When You Sleep is always a fucking jam.

>IDM songs with floaty, dreamy vocals over noise
>Shoegaze songs with rapid electronic drums underneath
I'll admit, some songs belong in one genre more than the other, but that doesn't mean there are not any songs that combine both on the record. If you can't recognize that than you clearly haven't listen to either genre enough.

Pretending is stellar

>unironically my favorite album
Same. This album seems to be like Marmite on this board for some reason.

>doesn't coming them merely alternates
T. Someone who only listened to the first two tracks and the intro to Velocity.

I don't really like the album but I can see why some people love it so much, the album cover is a work of art though.

>ywn hear fruitcake and cookies for the first time in a Sup Forums plug.dj room in december 2014
Does anyone else remember? Where did you go?

Genre semantics aside, I think my main point still stands. The album is way too long and it doesn't have enough good parts to justify it. Aside from Fruitcakes, International, Chocolate, and Dancers, I don't really think the album is very good. There's a melody in International that sounds EXACTLY like this one part of a song in the Flaming Lips' Yoshimi album (just an observation). The shoegaze songs (Dsco, Chocolate) were really good on early listens, but they sound more and more shallow the more I listen to them, as opposed to something like MBV where you are rewarded with multiple listens. This album would benefit greatly by having its length cut 15-25 minutes. I don't think it's a bad album by any means, in fact it's quite the contrary, but I don't agree with many on here that it's this lost 10/10 masterpiece that never got the attention it should have.

shame it's become a meme like duster and fishmans.

This is a really subjective counter argument. For me the highlights are completely different, namely Dsco, Velocity, Fruitcake, Design 1, Chocolate, Dancers, and Design 2:3. I agree some songs feel like they could be shorter, but where it should be trimmed is subjective. I get it's not a personal 10/10 for everyone, but I've yet to hear another album that's remotely similar in sound and that's what drives it's popularity.

It's not quite at fishmans level of meme yet.

i mean there's this, but its shit

Maybe because it's a meme with only one good song.

youtube.com/watch?v=xEJw3o7qQPM
>Genre semantics aside, I think my main point still stands. The album is way too long and it doesn't have enough good parts to justify it
I wholeheartedly disagree. To each their own.
> but I don't agree with many on here that it's this lost 10/10 masterpiece that never got the attention it should have.
It's a long, ambitious, unique, detailed album that was in development for at least 4 years (see link - that show was in 1999 and there are a couple early VDC tracks). It obviously isn't going to be a 10/10 masterpiece to everyone but it deserves more recognition.

good argument

Better counter-argument.

>He doesn't like In Her Gentle Jaws
Listened to both many times, and this album doesn't really close to V:D:C. In fact, if you placed the electronic drums with sampled drums and the chiptune with electric piano, no one would even think of calling an "electronic shoegaze" album.

gimme something to counter argue first

good thread

truuuuu

>one good song

and that is?

>shame it's become a meme like duster and fishmans.
>tfw all these bands I love become memes

>one good song.

wat

The implication is that it's Fruitcake and Cookies because everytime this album is mentioned people bring up

youtube.com/watch?v=wQHBnWyXNLQ

first of uhhhh wrong?
second off, if it's not the gorgeous beast of a song that is Sept you're double wrong, ass

But that's not even the best song, just the most memeable.

>tfw VDC is bold
Finally

this 100%

I remember when the collective memed this into existence and everyone creamed over how good it was

ew

This album is so great (even if it is a meme, apparently). Any suggestions for someone who wants to listen to other IDM-influenced shoegaze or pop music? Even if it's not exactly similar to this.

I was talking about Chocolate Matter.

if you died by cancer no one would be surprised

Hard to believe that album had less than 500 ratings four years ago...

Is Sweet trip really over?
>mfw I was late to the party

Too bad Noise is a Social Skill is on neither of those

Lmao these trolls almost make me regret sharing this album with the Sup Forumstants 6 years ago

Holy shit Im on acid and it sounds so damn good

>don't you drift away

Jesus dude don't waste a trip on Sup Forums lmao

Nah I'm on the comedown my man but it was a fun fucking day lmao and plus sleeping isnt an option so either fap to some weird shit im ashamed or shitpost ya dig

Not him but after like 6 hours into a trip I'm just killing time listening to music and shitposting lmao, acid trips last way too long

I'm him. I mean me.

And yeah man i feel the same way. It feels like eternity.

LEL I've always read poetry, tried a new recipe, and/or watched sci-fi or satire while I came down, but to each his own I s'pose ha

fair enough lmao

which trolls? i can't tell on here anymore...

What are more albums like this one?

>I wait, I wait, for you it's never too late

Leave for 4 years and it'll become clear to ya (its the dudes using copypadtasta critiques)

I have never seen anyone say a bad thing about this record until this thread. Disgusting

In which regard? Its kind of a unique amalgamation although amnesiac is oddly similar just with less distortion and subtler breakbeats.

Same desu

I still prefer VDC. Something closer to it?

I WILL NEVER FALL,
I WILL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN

I WILL NEVER FALL,

I WILL NEVER FALL,

The closest album without a doubt is Dead Cities, Red Seas, and Lost Ghosts

I'll listen to them, thanks

check this out mang

youtu.be/kwB3NFnXmQw

Overrated trash.

V nice never heard of candy claws

It's derivative of shoegaze and IDM but it's does what it does well.

While I agree that the more traditional shoegaze tracks don't keep their impact on multiple relistens, the glitchy IDM tracks still hold-up well. They're very well crafted. There isn't that much IDM out there that keeps the same amount of sound and energy as those tracks, the only ones that come close in my experience are some rather obscure Gescom tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=aDUUnBgisho
youtube.com/watch?v=FLlvVcY9ZLs

there is like 4 good songs on that album

do drugs and you'll eventually get it

>I KNOW YOU TELL WELL
>I KNOW YOU TOOOOOOOOOOO WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

so fucking /comfy/