Vanilla Ice writes for Wayne Brady impersonators on Broadway

Why do so many people like this? I can't be the only one that thinks this is absolute gutter, can I?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PEHKBckBcr4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ovje92D742s
youtube.com/watch?v=3tMf9sx7OUA
youtube.com/watch?v=8aefuWGmKTY
youtube.com/watch?v=punrsuK62fM
youtube.com/watch?v=3BVSvjOY4g4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've listened to about half of it, but most of my friends are obsessed. I've really liked what I've heard. Obviously there's some kind of political message with the black people playing founding fathers, I'm not sure I even know what he meant by this, but I think the music and lyrics are pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=PEHKBckBcr4

Music listeners seem to be divided into distinct groups that appreciate music in different ways. The people who like Hamilton use music as a motivational tool to boost their mood and productivity, and to facilitate social bonding through the recitation of song lyrics with friends. Their usage of music is completely divorced from the appreciation of its aesthetic properties.

In America, progress is black people playing slaveowners on a hagiographic disney style musical

This makes me cringe

He has some pretty spergy mannerisms, but I like the lyrics.

> I'm taking this horse by the reins making redcoats redder with bloodstains
youtube.com/watch?v=Ovje92D742s

The lyrics are the main fucking problem though.
"Hey yo, I'm just like my country
I'm young, scrappy, and hungry
And I'm not throwing away my shot"

"Only nineteen, but my mind is older
These New York City streets getting colder, I shoulder
Ev'ry burden, ev'ry disadvantage
I have learned to manage."

It's like some faggy turn of the century playwright started listening to tyler the creator and thought there was something innovative or creative in these lines. This is actually very immature and overly simplistic lyricism. Migos writes better lyrics than whoever the fuck wrote this. I hope his career goes down the drain as quickly as Brendan Frazer's.

honest question: how old are you?

A single person can listen to music for various different reasons..
Sometimes I listen to music to boost mood and productivity, sometimes I listen to music for aesthetic purposes. They ain't mutually exclusive

If you try to listen to Hamilton like a rap album you're gonna come away disappointed. Hamilton is a musical with various rap and hip hop trappings layered over your usual Broadway fluff. The lyrics are all over the top almost to the point of ridiculousness, exaggerating the characters' every thought and emotion. If you've seen any online videos of the show itself you'll see that it's matched by the visuals, which are suitably ramped up to an eleven.

It's also very blatantly kid/marketer friendly, almost to an insulting point. I don't want to say that it's whitewashing history, it certainly doesn't shy from pointing out the flaws of the founding fathers or anything, but it does blow everything up to cartoonish proportions. If you want to watch a good grounded story about the founding of America, the HBO Sam Adams miniseries is, though not perfect definitely closer.

LMM is also a really fucking good writer, on a technical level. points out how silly the lyrics are, but the dude understands shit that a lot of rap artists today would be wise to take lessons from (well, not from him, but from other rappers that are actually technically proficient at rapping). He combines that with a solid grasp of pacing, character, and dramatic tension to create a, if simplistic, at least engaging story.

Also it introduced a lot of people to clipping., which is a net positive in my book. I really doubt that we would have gotten Splendor and Misery if it weren't for Daveed's experiences with Hamilton.

>It's also very blatantly kid friendly
Gotta disagree there.

youtube.com/watch?v=3tMf9sx7OUA

In comparison to both what other high profile Broadway and rap productions have going on, Hamilton plays it rather safe with just your usual American innuendoes and violence.

It's charming

god this sucks
youtube.com/watch?v=8aefuWGmKTY
the chorus of this song is the only thing i dont hate about the entire thing

how did clipping man stoop this low

The better question is how did Daveed Diggs stoop THIS low:

youtube.com/watch?v=punrsuK62fM

I bet Stipe wants to remove this video from the internet.

youtube.com/watch?v=3BVSvjOY4g4

>being in a Broadway musical
>stopping low

There is no stooping involved in Sesame Street

Hamilton is some shitty musical. It's popular because it's an all black cast and they're trying to modernize it musically by putting in some shitty rap numbers.

Popular amongst progressives and left wingers which make up the majority of people who listen to such shitty show tunes.

He looks like he wants to die

I feel like all celebrities are either incredibly hyped or incredibly resentful to appear on Sesame Street.