Beatles Anthology

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bQenMbs_v5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Really great if you like Beatles stuff enough to hear alternate versions and history and other things like that

I always thought it was interesting, some songs on here I like more than their album counterparts, but that's just me

which ones? curious

Really good but there's some stuff they left out that would've been cool to hear

I love the outtakes of I'm only sleeping and I adore the acoustic strawberry fields forever. I like Octopus's garden's because ringo just sounds tired and I think it adds a bit of charm to the song, I'm sure there are others that I can't remember it's been years since i've listened to these

FUCK I just remembered I love the first take of tomorrow never knows it feels more psychedelic to me plus some of their early live recordings are neat

The first takes of I'm Looking Through You and Got To Get You Into My Life are different in a good way as well

that strawberry fields forever demo is fucking amazing

not him but i prefer the versions of while my guitar gently weeps and across the universe on anthology

the version of across the universe is way better than the spector one or the single one but the album wmggw is still the best

Nice. I'm a big fan of Strawberry fields (7 and edit piece) but I really wish they didnt fade out the ending of take 7 into the drum piece.

>Other anthology favorites
If you got trouble - poor ringo, the song never got used. and he sounds so helpless (rock on...ANYBODY!)
and your bird can sing - really diggin the byrds feel, too bad about the laughter
tomorrow never knows
got to get you into my life
i am the walrus - the vocal mistake is funny because based on my research, the extra 4 beats were written first, and THEN they decided to removed it later. seems like john forgot they were recording the original version and not the shortened take
not guilty - this is a great take, so much more emotion and power than the version that came out 10 year later on harrison's own album
for you blue
maxwell siver hammer - interesting to hear the later removed 5-bar introduction
Of course there are the 7 volumes of Unsurpassed Masters + bootles which have lots more sessions tracks than Anthology did

if you guys like the behind the scenes stuff check out the usenet site on the beatles recording dates and alternate versions. very indepth

I liked the way they integrated some of the tracks into LOVE, like the version of Because they use in the beginning. I relistened to love when I was younger after hearing the anthology series and I found so many bits and piece that were used it added a layer of appreciation to LOVE for me, and I'm not even a big fan of it as a soundtrack, but the show is amazing there's no denying that

Love did a great job collaging songs together. I remember when I heard the album I showed my parents who were big Beatles fans and asked them if they could identify all the overlays and bits of different songs. They loved it

Please Please Me (1963), 1/10
With The Beatles (1963), 1.5/10
Hard Days' Night (1964), 3/10
For Sale (1964), 0.5/10
Help (1965), 1/10
Rubber Soul (1965), 2/10
Revolver (1966), 3/10
Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967), 5/10
Magical Mystery Tour (1967), 3/10
The Beatles (1968), 2/10
Yellow Submarine (1969), 5.5/10
Abbey Road (1969), 6/10
Let It Be (1970), 4.5/10

I joined BMG music club as a kid to get these CDs. My dentist had the VHS box set and let me borrow it. He was cool

>they still haven't put out Carnival of Light

Avant garde a clue

youtube.com/watch?v=bQenMbs_v5s

Probably would've sounded like this, though, desu.

Is it unpopular to like the "Threetles" singles? Because I do.