Is there in the world a metal band better than opeth?

Is there in the world a metal band better than opeth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZndl-W7gLM
youtube.com/watch?v=8s7Tl2ZzF2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Akerstache
youtube.com/watch?v=DZndl-W7gLM
youtube.com/watch?v=8s7Tl2ZzF2E

Opeth juxtaposes the worst and the most annoying elements invented by art rock circles with MTV friendly death metal - this is as real as Cradle of Filth's corpsepaints, as artsy as late period Dali paintings and as progressive as John Williams soundtracks are for modern classical music.

But hold on, this is the leading band of progressive death metal. The "prog" part, like in any other cases, is for individuals too narrow minded to try something beyond death metal. As for the genre itself it may be a real gem, but what can we do when the whole genre has been eating its tail since it's been "invented"?

I'd rather stick to something raw, evil, underproduced, misanthropic and primitive, without art rock vocals, art rock solos, art rock production, art rock growlings, art rock tempo changes, art rock oriental riffs, art rock acustic intros and all this Death meets Porcupine Tree meets late Pink Floys meets late Metallica meets Tool meets Nightwish meets Clannad meets My Dying Bride meets Queensryche meets Paradise Lost shit.

Pasta but true

voivod

Demilich

I'm a big Opeth fan but I also really fucking love Gojira at the moment.

Anything that features Björn "Speed" Strid.

Did Opeth ever feature Björn "Speed" Strid? Didn't think so.

but Soilwork featured Lars "Mikael" Akerfeldt

maudlin of the Well

Agalloch and Katatonia are up there for me

Opeth used to be my favourite band but Katatonia have remained consistent in their quality while Opeth have shit the bed with their last 3 records.

After Opeth's highly inspired hot streak of the 2000s I thought they'd be my favourite band forever, but it is actually Katatonia that has stood the test of time.

Funny how these things work.

Yes. Now stop posting bait and save up for some land and myfarog

frankly, burzum is such a crappy band, there were much more talented acts in norway in the 90s and 00s

Neurosis

Fear Factory

most of them

opeth = muh loud death parts + muh quiet prog/folk parts
today it's mostly muh quiet prog/folk parts

Leprous, Protest the Hero, Akercuck, Forsaken Vulture and the list goes on . . .

Masotodon

Demilich, Vektor, Godflesh, Thorns, the list can go on...

which isn't bad

>muh loud death parts + muh quiet prog/folk parts
Sounds like Insomnium

You can't fathom that they don't have any growls and screams anymore, right? They decided to make progressive rock and not progressive metal. I don't think that's such a hard concept to grasp.