/blackmetal/

It's late, but lets get a little /blackmetal/ thread going tonight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KkheUkPxIRk
youtube.com/watch?v=AOQtzHlR6q8
youtube.com/watch?v=xBpc1LAemRY&list=PLI8awAEkf-QxTJ0-TTKY-GAEta1QMEzsm
youtube.com/watch?v=jxDCwTX9j04
youtube.com/watch?v=cC_jkB9xT6U
youtube.com/watch?v=RUJQ9zdJK0I&t=214s
soundcloud.com/kohme
youtube.com/watch?v=jdsLf72z_xw
youtube.com/watch?v=1oR41T0BNbg
youtube.com/watch?v=fQv0RiTzmgc&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=BgL61I7heBM
deathmetal.org/article/black-metal-nihilism-and-heresy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

What are you listening to? Giving Guardians another try. Wasn't as magical as Aura, but still a decent album.

>Behemoth band member wearing a Bathory shirt
How disgraceful, makes me not want to wear black metal shirts at all.

Bathory Goat, Filosofem, and Transylvanian Hunger shirts are pretty much Unknown Pleasures-teir now.

how about A Blaze in the Northern Sky

Eyy mane, I need more raw shit like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=KkheUkPxIRk

It's insane to me how Paysage d'Hiver released the main chunk of his discography in a four year period. In 1998 alone, he released Die Festung, Schattengang, and Steineiche, of which all fantastic albums but Die Festung is really special. With all of his albums usually being over an hour long, it really is impressive how much music he released at such a short period of time.

Havohej - youtube.com/watch?v=AOQtzHlR6q8

Vlad Tepes / Belketre - youtube.com/watch?v=xBpc1LAemRY&list=PLI8awAEkf-QxTJ0-TTKY-GAEta1QMEzsm

Is there any cavern-core black metal?

>Sees someone he dislikes have the same interests as him
>Gets said thing 'ruined'

Fuck, super late to the thread.

I'll bump it anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=jxDCwTX9j04

Why do you pretend to enjoy black metal other than earley MayheM?

caverncore is a mixture of black/death metal though

Because Mayhem isn't that great, and bands/artists like Burzum, Summoning, Elderwind, etc are all 10x better?

Burzum is fucking garbage

>liking Mayhem
>thinking Burzum is bad

Only De Mysteriis is good. Burzum is explicitly the best black metal act, despite the fact that it isn't even intentionally black metal.

>itt: Eurocunt mad that Varg killed his communist bitch

Wasn't aware of that. I'm a new comer to the genre and was interested in finding out more.

Who /dungeon synth/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=cC_jkB9xT6U

so this is the blackie containment thread?
kek have fun with your shit music i guess

Delet this

I almost exclusively like black metal when it comes to metal.

It's not strictly black/death which is its own thing but a type of blackened death metal that gained more traction around the turn of this decade.

The releases on that chart look a few years old by now so if you search for labels that those bands were on you can find more stuff in that style.

Why is Black Metal so good yet Death metal is so fucking bad? I just don't get it.

listen to more music

Because they're different genres of music.

It really depends, there is some really awful BM out there that uses the label of 'trve kvlt' to dispel the fact that it's incredibly lazy.
youtube.com/watch?v=RUJQ9zdJK0I&t=214s

But every death metal album I try is just cookie cutter vocals with blast beat spam and senseless guitar wank all at once endlessly for the entire album

Yes? I think death metal is terrible, I don't understand what you're trying to convey in replying to me. They're different genres of music so I don't know why you think you would like both of them automatically.

pleb

"But every black metal album I try is just screeching eagles with blast beat spam and senseless tremolo noodling all at once"

listen
to
more
music

ahh just in time lads. I am back from my black metal hiatus and listening to Jeg Faller.

I've spent the last few years delving into lute music and other trends from the renaissance.
Time to make some neat black metal soon, when I have my guitar again.

Do you have a bandcamp or anything?

No, I am too insecure to ever finish anything I 'compose'. I always stop after 20 seconds of music because it either sounds shit, cheesy, or I don't know how to finish it.

I'm the same way.

This.

I hope that you will finish those songs. Even if they are shit who cares. It's a fun and creative way to spend time.
Here's songs which me and my friends played 2 - 3 years ago in my friends garage. I'm singing in every track except "Pimeys Peittää Maan". These are recorded with a mobile phone so the quality is very kvlt. I miss those jam sessions..
soundcloud.com/kohme

Memehem is overrated af

Thanks for sharing. Kohme was quite enjoyable.

What did you think of my screaming?

This is shit album.

Outside of early Deicide most DM is garbage. Prog or jazzy DM is fedora olympics.

It was hard to discern, because it was rather distant. But what could be heard was enjoyed. Quite unique.

If you can find a middle ground between 'distant' and powerful, that would be optimum.

>Outside of early Deicide most DM is garbage.
My nigga. Deicides s/t is my favourite DM record.

Death metal is as good as black metal

not to year 1 listeners who aren't interested in the 'metal' part of black metal which can be easier put to light if you ask any one of them what they feel about first wave

Same but I enjoy Legion quite a bit as well.

It's not "shit" per se, more like it's as thin as air and as forgettable as I can't give a good example

Why aren't you listening to one of the best newer releases in black metal

>His favorite album is on metal archives
Posers leave

i'm actually listening to 2deep4u orthoshit

Looks like gay hipster bullshit to me.

listening now, this beter be good.
will do this after

I am.

youtube.com/watch?v=jdsLf72z_xw

Death metal >>>>> Black metal, everything after 2nd wave black is complete and utter shit, I just come to these threads to laugh

technical death metal is where it's at.

does technical/progressive black metal exist?

Not really? His music is very simplistic, if you want something impressive look up frank zappa or buckethead

>technical death metal is where it's at.
Kind of I guess, most modern tech death bands suck dick too though
>does technical/progressive black metal exist?
These bands always seemed like blackened technical death metal to me
youtube.com/watch?v=1oR41T0BNbg
youtube.com/watch?v=fQv0RiTzmgc&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=BgL61I7heBM

adversarial > anything black metal of the past 20 years

Here in After is a top 10 metal record for me but I've never considered it blackened. I suppose the tremolo articulation is the most immediate overlap but the riff structuring is death metal through and through.

>tfw new immolation track is meh

they use that chromatic minor chord progression commonly, and a lot of the riffs are more chord-based, I'm no sure what you're reffering to when you say the structuring is death metal

desu I'm honestly curious btw if you use anything to identify if it's death metal structuring and black metal structuring

reminder that pic related is box better than whatever you posers consider good black metal

shitty atmocuckery, swallow my turds

its not even atmo-anything you fucking dolt
it's melo black

Do people still like atmospheric/ambient black metal such as Paysage d'hiver? I can't find many bands like that so, as a musician myself, I thought about recording music like that.
Do you think it's gonna be listened to?

>Do you think it's gonna be listened to?
That's not the kind of question you should be asking when you're making music

I like Paysage D'hiver because he does it well.
I do not like atmoshit like Saor or other flavor of the week trendy black metal

hey guys remember me

black metal started and ended here
try to prove me wrong nerds, you can't

Almost, I still believe darkthrone, immortal and emperor wrote some very good riffs, also bathory's later materials is still good even if it's not black metal

yeah man, I love later Bathory!

>isn't even intentionally black metal.
Wait what do you mean?

also forgot dissection

what are you trying to accomplish here? I already told you that it was over by 87 why post an album from 92

GOAT USBM

Because it wasn't over by 87, not even close.

Last time I checked, Under the Sign of a Black Mark was released in 87

2nd wave babies need to go

How do you guys feel about atmoshit?

I don't

is anyone actually excited about the new immortal?

no

I haven't been excited for anything in atleast 5 years now, that said, I'm looking more forward to it then the abbath stuff, since demonaz wrote all the best riffs in immortal

pretty good bm dmu write-up from the other day

deathmetal.org/article/black-metal-nihilism-and-heresy/

Yeah, i just hope it isn't bland mass produced shite like abbath's

i actually enjoy abbath's album, but yeah it's not really black metal

Bump

shut the fuck up

There are tons of good black metal bands that started after the 2nd wave and are still making music to this day that are good like Craft, Cruel Force, Destroyer 666, Quintessenz, Goatmoon, Impiety, Khold, Leviathan, Mare Cognitum, Murdryck, Necrohell, Nifelheim, Perversor, Pest, Ravencult, Sadomator, Watain, and Xasthur.

make me, nerd

>Watain

their last album was complete shit

Xasthur is the best from that list, even though he isn't active as a black metal act anymore.

Their 2007 album Sworn to the Dark was really good, Legions of the Black Light was a 10/10 song on that album.

Can I get some recs for good atmospheric black metal? Stuff like Paysage d'Hiver and Ulver.

literally none of those bands are good you literal fucking pleb

Everything early Mayhem is good. Also Wolf's Lair Abyss and Chimera. So stop your faggot shit.

>you're not one of these silly metal purists, user, right? go on, admit that you love me.