Band bullshit

Do you guys have any advice on how to properly handle a band when it comes to getting together and making music, finding people to play your songs and places to play your songs, or dealing with other musicians in general?

I'm interested in this as well. Lots of songs written, but no one to play them.

I'm lucky i found a guy who's willing to do vocals for me so there's that. Living in a small town sucks indeed, specially when it comes to musicians, i'm running out of options already and i'm afraid i might fuck it all up with this dude

Go to the place other musicians go to

I feel like i'm the opposite, I live near a bunch of big cities, but all the people around me want to play stuff that is far from what I want to make.

I'm kind of in the same situation as you are user, here in this shithole, people here just want to play shit that i'm not interested in, if it's not a shitty hardcore band it's a even shittier cover band

I'm surrounded by open mic nights. None of its hard jazz though :(...
One guy plays the complete surfing with the alien
There's a never ending stream of qts with synthesisers or acoustic guitars that are kooky
It's not even worth turning up, what's the point?

Anyone who can play an instrument is asked to play with me. I don't do bands though, just jams. I'm lucky to live in a collegetown though.

The ones I like to play with I'll go on and ask to make music with me.

Do you play any instruments?
> I don't do bands though
Why?

then make it worth turning up you dumb chump

All that effort for what? I have to fight past all of these people, walk through the rain for miles , for a bunch of people that don't even own a love supreme with over competitive Dad snagging me off in the audience before he makes his 16 year old play black Betty for him to shout over.

I want to be with the appreciative people

Fuchsias, dry gin,

>you play any instruments
Yes I play guitar and hate it

aight
You will not find appreciative people if you don't put yourself out there, quit whining user.

You weren't there man

I just recently got my band back together and we have a show in less than a week and had a partly full practice today, it was great but also stressful having to work through the songs with the other members. We started out shaky but as we got into the groove things were going just fine. I'd say the best thing to do is to not expect a lot out of anyone you may work with, because given time if they really want to stick with it they will improve and start showing more confidence in the music they're playing. If you try and take things too seriously its just going to be a clusterfuck.

>Ex band member tells me to delete all our videos off youtube

>take things too seriously its just going to be
I want everyone to take it seriously and help each other as well

Well of course, but in the end why does anyone write music unless it's for a living. It's just to express emotions in doing something you love, rather it be something you do 24/7 or just on the occasion. That's the way I see it of course, I don't know if I'll ever get to make a living off of my music but I don't intend on stopping unless my hands get chopped off and my vocal cords get ripped out. It makes me content and makes me feel like as if I'm doing something more in my life than I really am. And knowing that makes me pretty happy, even if working in a band and playing shows can be stressful as hell.

I see, i just don't know what to do, i'm a pretty laid back dude and i usually don't expect a lot, but i do want things to be done in a certain way if it's on me to come up with songs and ideas, and basically that's whats happening now, i'm taking care of the instrumentation while this dude is doing the vocals, but when i'm writing songs and he's around, i ask him ''what do you think? Should i do it differently?'', just to see if he's invested in it but that doesn't seem to be the case for now. Maybe is because we just met and all, i don't know though.

>They kick you out and actually become successful after that

If I may ask, why don't you sing your own songs? Rather than have someone else who may not be as dedicated as you, and I can understand being laid back about it. When I first started I basically gave all my other members free will to do whatever they want because I trusted in their abilities, i usually only write the rhythm of a song, lyrics, and the lead. I'll teach the guitarist the lead so I haven't gotta worry that much about my vocals being shite.

I can't play and sing at the same time user

Practice makes perfect anonkun