First time listening to this and I don't get the praise at all....What in the absolute FUCK is this...

First time listening to this and I don't get the praise at all....What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for five minutes while Avery is mumbling. You can't even hear what he's saying under all the noise. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise. I didn't hear a single melody.

drugs

That's probably what everyone thinks at first.
Listen around 12 more times and it will click.
Trust me.

>This is fucking noise.
New here? Anyway the rest of the album isn't like it at all, save for the first minute of Alvin Row/April and The Phantom and Untitled. The noise is there to create atmosphere

>the noise is there to just be avant-garde and no other reason

Nice

why else is music there at all

>Listen around 12 more times and it will click.
>click
The biggest meme of them all

The noise is there as music, not to """"create atmosphere""""
Fantastic album tho

What does that even say...
Dude don't be angry because you don't get it. It will grow on you. If not, you'll get over it.

You shouldn't have to "get" music. If it doesn't sound good then it isn't good. No amount of relistening, desperately trying to find something that isn't there, will change that

Sigh.

a big part of the human psyche is adaptability to change and unforeseen circumstances and/or consequences, so if you encounter music that you can't completely deal with or grasp, an increase in the amount of exposure you get to it might give you some time to adapt to it tbqhfamilia

what the fuck are you saying?

i fucking hate hipster avant-teens like you. music sounds good or it sounds shit. your philosophical garbage is all in your head

I don't know why people complain about the noise especially on the first track. It's so soothing

You're so wrong. Well from my experience anyway. All my favourite albums I didn't like at first listen. When a song is unpredictable and not linear, it just sounds like noise. Then you get familiar with it and can tell what's coming up next. I'm not trying to sound pretentious but that's how it is for me anyway. Only saying this bc you could miss out on a lot of good shit by dismissing it so quickly.

>calling people avant-teens
You've been on Sup Forums for too lobg

Also i'm not the guy you just replied to

>noise can't be music
i hate this meme that is constantly perpetuated by newfags

Nice copypasta op

First time listening to this and I don't get the praise at all....What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for five minutes while Don Van Vliet is yelling. You can't even hear what he's saying under all the noise. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise. I didn't hear a single melody.

If he is barely listening to this now, he hasn't been on here long enough.

you're probably just a troll
but this is the biggest pleb opinion that anyone could possibly have

>>reddit.com/r/taylorswift is that way