Oh, I love music! My favorite bands are Swans, Death Grips, Radiohead, Animal Collective, My Bloody Valentine...

>Oh, I love music! My favorite bands are Swans, Death Grips, Radiohead, Animal Collective, My Bloody Valentine, the Beach Boys, Talking Heads, Kanye West, Grimes, Slint, Neutral Milk Hotel, Ween, Danny Brown, Mac Demarco, the Velvet Underground, Nick Drake, Kendrick Lamar, King Crimson, American Football, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, James Ferraro, Young Thug, the Microphones, Tame Impala, Xiu Xiu, Weezer, Dean Blunt, Car Seat Headrest, Frank Zappa, Gorillaz, Joanna Newsom, Run the Jewels, and Burial.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kPhUiEAeZ4o&lc=z130i3fo0xzuwvbsq22fj1sx5omkutv3j
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

great taste.

not a bad list tbhq familiamalam

Are you actually saying people don't like music if they like all those bands? You have an identity crisis mate get a grip. And you forgot to add Bjork

I like all of those artists you dumbass frogposter.

g8 list

out of these, the only bad one is Xiu Xiu

while this is a good caricature of Sup Forums, i would like to know OP's favorite artists

Can, Faust, Miles Davis, the RYM list goes on...

That is genuinely a good list

>Oh, I love music! My favorite bands are Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, DNA, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Haruomi Hosono, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Frances Baskerville, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe.

I guess you're stupid if these are the artists you say when asked about music, just because there's too many

Oh, I love music! My favorite artists are Radiohead, the Beach Boys, and King Crimson but I don't mind other stuff like Gorillaz and Kanye

Can you link me up some of this music?

thank god boards of canada and aphex aren't on there :^)

hfsd

Why is this a meme? Half of this stuff is genuinely good

I only recognize Zappa.

Am I A discusting pleb?

This user was so salty that he needed to post a montie pasta to back up his """argument""" because he likes shitty basic Sup Forums-core trite.

This is literally a list of the most significant musicians of the past half century, if you don't like at least half than you're uber contrarian or have mainstream taste.

Nara Leão ruins it

you're a walking caricature if you think this

yes

>tfw no one ever calls out Toro Y Moi

i'm forever safe

>Baby's first RYMcore
>Not fitting

>This is literally a list of the most significant musicians of the past half century
According to...................

OP posted the old pretentious copypasta that basically says any people with good taste never listened to popular critically acclaimed music, and that from the day they were born their taste was better than everyone elses. So in response, put another copypasta with your typical "my taste>yours" music in hopes of insulting OP.

Coil, Frank Zappa, Einsturzende Neubaten, The Residents, Sun Ra, cLOUDDEAD, Scott Walker, Le Rallizes Dénudes, Peter Sotos, Captain Beefheart, Popol Vuh, Fishmans are all popular stuff and really accessible too and don't come with that shit that ''le TMR is so inaccessible XDDDDDD''

Which one is worse Sup Forums?

Being a disgusting entry level pleb or being a posseur?

entry level plebs have generally warmer personalities and redeeming qualities beyond music

Pretty sure in both cases they're just being facetious.

>Scott Walker
Why is Scott Walker thought of as inaccessible

It's literally pop music

Someone pls make/post a metal version of this for future reference

First time listening to this and I don't get the praise at all....What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for five minutes while coil is mumbling. You can't even hear what he's saying under all the noise. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "accessible" album. This is fucking noise. I didn't hear a single melody.

I think Anthony Fantano meme'd Scott Walker

This should be a bot that word-filters for "TMR" "trout mask" and "replica"

t. pleb

Ridiculing Sup Forums-core doesn't even make sense because the taste is extensive as fuck ranging from super duper mainstream (Radiohead, Kanye West, Beach Boys) to moderately mainstream (Young Thug, Talking Heads, Gorillaz) to relatively obscure (My Bloody Valentine, Slint).

Other boards just can't fucking compete with taste as prolific as ours.

>slint and MBV are obscure

loveless was advertised in final fantasy 7 brodie

everyone over the age of 25 is familiar with the two

Just ignore the adverb and all.

it's irrelevant because it's only "relatively" obscure to top 40 pop

>posseur
lmao fucking poser can't even spell & calls other people posers

>being this of a fucking newfag

You need to go back, faggot.

Because Scott Walker is seen as cool and he can't just be cool he has to be cool because he's hard to get

>my blood valentine
>obscure

If you said this in real life I would let out legitimate guffaw

Pretty much.

who?

>MBV
>Slint
>Obscure

Literally anyone on the planet over the age of 20 who enjoys music is aware of these bands.

Tell me about it, user. All these artists being part of subcultures and growing "fanbases" totally invalidates the music, you can't possibly like music if you come across and like material that became popular in the first place for a reason.

You either like music that is popular enough to have entered into the zeitgeist of society at large, or you like music that is shrouded in complete obscurity, anything in-between and you're a poseur.

>ctrl-f my favorite artists
>none of them are there
phew

literally me

this post is embarrassing

>"I refuse to listen to music that people actually know because it makes me seem mysterious and superior when I have to explain a band nobody has heard of to a room full of people who are probably not interested, due to my deeply rooted need to be unique and strive for a purpose in a meaningless expanse."
>this is what OP actually believes

How fucking myopic and retarded are you? It was tiered accordingly so "relatively obscure" can mean anywhere from simply removed from mainstream, popular consciousness to only known by those interested in music, like you have assumed.

embarrassing

>Cmd+F
>your favorite band hasn't been mentioned

i listen to neutral milk hotel, pavement, sum 41 the list could go on

How is saying MBV and Slint are "relatively obscure" in relation to mainstream music semantically incorrect?

>Egor Letov
>Phil Spector
>Joe Meek
>Nara Leao

Why are these poseur?

i guess the point of op is that if you only listen to things that are critically acclaimed then yeah you're gonna like it, they're all highly rated for a reason and are typically well made regardless of your opinion of them, but if you're not willing to branch out and give an act that doesn't have as much praise piled on it a chance then you're just gonna seem like all you do is look at what's popular on Sup Forums and listen to that on loop all day without forming your own independent thoughts and preferences

I like a lot of those.

Im sorry I like about 2/3rds of the pretentious copypasta but calling Peter Sotos accessible is bullshit

>Gate list

everyone on Sup Forums is a kneejerking elitist 16 year old who can't answer a simple question?

actually, I've been here for 3 years, just not so much recently

this

have you met a normal music fan?
mu is such an echo chamber

You're not wrong, it's just everything is a pissing contest on Sup Forums

Nothing can be experimental if there is something MORE experimental out there. Nothing can be noise if there is something NOSIER out there, nothing is obscure because there's always something MORE obscure.

It's pretty autistic behavior, all things considered.

I only listen to Sup Forumssic
youtube.com/watch?v=kPhUiEAeZ4o&lc=z130i3fo0xzuwvbsq22fj1sx5omkutv3j

Wow, this sucks ass. Just like everyone else on this board.

Lost my shit at
>relatively obscure

You're an ignorant.

you suck

see
A question yet to be answered 2 hours later.

Is everyone on Sup Forums genuinely a kneejerking faggot? This is some Facebook-tier snobbery.

tfw like a good chunk of artists from both lists
if you've been into music long enough you just start branching out into more experimental stuff, but there's nothing wrong with liking good accessible music

meme status and quality have literally nothing to do with each other

I only listen to field recordings I make myself.

Said the Holder of Aesthetic Truths.

ITT: Sup Forums is full of a bunch of legitimate retards who don't realize OP is being facetious or at the very least just taking the piss out of the board

What For was mediocre as fuck tho

Holy hell how long did it take you to type out this list.

>Boredoms, Gerogigege, Throbbing Gristle, DNA, Brotzman, John Cage, Zappa, Ayler, Ornette, Pharoah, Stockhausen, Keiji Haino, Otomo Yoshide, John Zorn, Fred Frith, Sun Ra, The Dead C, Henry Cow
Are you trying to get into my pants?

its ironic because 3/4 of the shit on that last is acclaimed and very popular in music scenes like rym

-indie rock/emo, Post rock, experimental hip hop, IDM, vaporwave....

A criticism of this kind of taste may be that these people are not deeply invested into particular genres or their roots. That they only gravitate towards music on the fringes of genres that is trendy and considered progressive.

I like some of this music. However me being deeply involved in hip hop i do understand these points. People don't understand the subtleties of the genre and just throw out claims that MF Doom or Death grips or whatever is better than anything else in the genre.

fuck you twin peaks was great

dubs checked
this is kinda true, I really enjoy IDM and vaporwave because I'm busy as fuck and I can concentrate on other stuff while listening to it, I'm not super invested in any genre

i will fight you