Production

>production

is there any word more meaningless in common parlance?

the second someone brings up 'the production' when talking about a piece of music i immediately mentally tag them as a retard and stop listening to what they have to say

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=645r40YSNa4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

or you could try to learn what production is

2.4/10

a meaningless term

wdhmbt

>Just to be clear, I’m not a professional ‘music critic’. I’m just a patrician teenager who greatly values compositional genius and musical skill over silly 'production'. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

define 'production'

it's just the *le reddit atheist EUPHORIC* pasta if you hadn't noticed

fuck up cunt

>m-muh production

You must be able to recognize the merit in this album's production.

what do you mean by production?

without production there is no product you mong

Realization of timbre. Or Kanye paying a bunch of better artists to make his album for him.

so "this album's production" is a completely redundant phrase?

you're picture gives me the impression you are a cross-board poster who is new to Sup Forums and who believes they have worthwhile opinions to share as if anybody cares

I have probably been on Sup Forums for longer than you junior.

I believe you!

ive been here since 2009 pepe poster.

if you had really been here since 2009 you wouldnt be inferring that pepe posting is new on this website

it's not new, but the over saturated resurgence is
what board are you really from?

Sup Forums.org/mu/

And yet you still don't know what production is ;^)

Ever wonder why you have to look for the bass in most of 90s music while its impossible to ignore it in 80s music? That's production.

its a completely meaningless term

thats mixing

An aspect of production

that's autism

That's Amore

A meaningless term

Not even me.

producers are so fucking useless

imagine paying someone to press record for you

lol

That's so raven

90% of the time when people talk about production, they're talking about some nebulous mix of the arrangements and various songwriting choices

10% of the time, they're talking about the production

the only time it's really vaild to shit on the production as being objectively bad is if the mixing is brickwalled--in which case you just need a vinyl rip of the album

Most of the time people are shitting on arrangements, what they mean is "this has a lot of instruments and sounds nerdy to me" or "this has just guitar and bass and drums and sounds conventional to me."

i mean it's true it's used to refer to multiple, mostly unrelated parts of the track but that doesn't make it completely meaningless.

youtube.com/watch?v=645r40YSNa4

i like the production on this cut