/daily/ - "Daily" "music" "discussion"

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

>discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>discord

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/abdullah_ibrahim/yarona/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/leonidas-kavakos-peter-nagy/sonate-posthume-tzigane-impressions-denfance-sonata-no_3/
youtu.be/4VL9Oa2sv0A
wmwc.umwblogs.org
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/bad_brains/black_dots/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/john-handy/recorded-live-at-the-monterey-jazz-festival/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/madlib/madlib_medicine_show__no__7___high_jazz_f1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/djmix/madlib/madlib_medicine_show__no__2___flight_to_brazil/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dj_krush/寂_jaku/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/lorange/the_mad_writer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First bitch

>HamPUSS
that is funny

I'm like 2 mins in and I already love it

This is fucking amazing. What of his should I get into next?

it's pretty incredible, especially the first track

Who the fuck goes to a frat party and plays jazz?

me ama

So basically throughout the past year or two I've been really expanding my music taste, and I feel I've done a good job of doing that. What ends up happening is I find one thing I REALLY REALLY like and listen to it almost exclusively until the next big thing comes into the forefront of my attention.

The last album I heard that had that effect on me was Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, but that was almost 4 months ago now. I still love it to death, but idk. It doesn't have the spark any more.

Does anyone else go through those kinds of phases?

why, Hampus, did you go to a frat party and play jazz?

please give me more like this besides dj okawari

to piss you off desu

Fantasma of course.

Yeah it reminds me of Jefre Cantu-Ledesma but way better.

dope record ethy

Thank you herbie

When I was really new to actual music yeah but its been years since that, what I found that works best when you start of is choosing a genre you really like but are not familiar with and trying to go through it Sup Forums's genre charts are fun if you look at it like a challenge and go through it album by album by album. by the end you have a shit load of new music and a pretty good hang of what sounds good and what doesn’t and it kinda just makes you want to never stop, also you can do this to a lot of genres so its a pretty long journey ahead of you

Someone recommend me a neat album that's on Spotify that I can put on while I study.

Steve Gunn - Time off

Endtroducing by DJ Shadow

I haven't been on Sup Forums for a while and that Death of Pablo album is brilliant. AOTY so far for me, thought that's not saying a lot because I haven't heard much yet.

His wiki doesn't make him sound all too interesting.

Nah.

I kind of want to hear it, but I'm also trying to not get caught up in the hype

Help me understand this sentence

What is written on wikipedia about Steve Gunn makes me feel like his music will be boring as fuck.

Right, I did think you were critiquing music based on the wikipedia description

you are so sassy I'm gonna listen to your album

Spread the good word

i might pan it tho

I'm not criticising the music, I'm just saying it doesn't sound like it will be interesting if I listen to it.

what u lookin for

That's also ok. The more on the radar it is the better

doesn't matter actually, you're listening to this

I dunno, something ...

O ok I guess I am

thats a good album

Not on Spotify tho

damn RIGHT
o dam
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/abdullah_ibrahim/yarona/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/leonidas-kavakos-peter-nagy/sonate-posthume-tzigane-impressions-denfance-sonata-no_3/
are either of these?

Yes, listening to Yarona now. Here's a cute pic of Pi as thanks.

thats a high quality photograph

does he like listening to jazz at frat parties?

Spooky - Bitchcraft
>Neo-psychedelia, Pop, Hip-hop, Plunderphonics

My friend showed this rando band camp band to me last night at a party, and I kind of flipped out over how good the opener was, so I definitely had to check this out while sober. And it’s not quite so mind-blowing, but it’s something…

And that something is basically Animal Collective fanboyism, faithfully replicating Panda Bear’s sample-based psychedelia, combined lightly with white boy hip hop beat production. However amateurish, it actually produces some really enjoyable tunes. Look no further than the opener, “Hey My Brotha”, which flickering vocal harmonies, simple soaring string samples, and basic hip hop beat—or the chill “Nothin’ but Net” with a heavenly chorus—or the closer “Bilbo’s Oboe”, with its childish sing-song rhythms and pretty clavier-sounding samples. The rhythms have a bit of a spastic flail to them, further drawing comparison to AnCo, though more Strawberry Jam-era than Person Pitch-style.

Pretty decent bandcamp find, honestly. Too bad it seems like a one-off project from 2011, so there’s not much hope for the artist making more of this kind of thing and perhaps coming into their own a bit.

Anyone who likes latter day AnCo might want to give this a listen:
>youtu.be/4VL9Oa2sv0A

6+/10

the album cover actually is pretty in line with the band's musical aesthetic, for better or worse

but is the music sexy like the Hot Lady on the cover?

She's a mouse, what do you think?

My radio show starts in half an hour bois
wmwc.umwblogs.org

>cumblogs

yes but not as sexy as pic

>daily reminder that liberalism ruined this.
NUT

>nu metal plays

It's metalcore dummy

eh, both of that falls under screamo

Tom Johnson - An Hour For Piano (1974)
>Minimalism

It's only 55 minutes.

2.0 10

Great solo piano minimalism piece with great pacing and mathematical developments. Sounds almost folk-esque in the way the repeating bass notes coincides with the alternating patterns of melody, similar to traditional fingerpicking. The entire piece is in the key of G, though the motives frequently hover between C and D creating an unresolved, dissonant feeling landscape. The entire piece, including the ‘bass’ notes are in the upper register, giving it a shiny, glittery sound. The piece relies heavily on repetition, as is characteristic of minimalism, but remains interesting through slow, dancing developments and style changes without ever moving away from the core idea of the piece.

Fans of minimalism will find plenty to enjoy about this release.

7.5 /10

Nice meme-o

>Mainliner - Mellow Out
The japanese are quite good at noisy psych innit. I prefer LRD's more melodic style but it's hard to argue with the sheer heaviness of this record. 3.5/5 good jams

>Jean-Claude Vannier - L'Enfants Asssassin des Mouches
Weird album. Has some cool ideas with the almost industrial musique concrete, orchestral and choral stuff it almost sounds like a funky movie soundtrack but some parts just sound goofy and a bit shite (e.g. the carnival). Nice record overall though. 3/5

yay i'm gonna manage to catch this one live

can i get another rec btw, no restrictions again

>ethan boy - viral rituals
pleasantly inoffensive though ultimately just decent. you have a good voice and the first track is the best here because of it. the second track is just kind of a chore to sit through even if it sounds nice. last track was ballsy but lacked substance and could have been two or three shorter songs along the lines of the first track. seriously, if you had made a bunch of songs like the first one it could have been seriously good.
2.5+/5

toe - Hear You

great math rock album with a steady enough tempo to study to

sicc
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/bad_brains/black_dots/

Thanks for listening

This is pretty decent. The sampling of old 50s/60s pop is cool.

actually already heard this, weird that i haven't rated it since I've probably listened to it more than the s/t

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/john-handy/recorded-live-at-the-monterey-jazz-festival/

Nujabes is pretty original. But here's a few that might be close:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/madlib/madlib_medicine_show__no__7___high_jazz_f1/

rateyourmusic.com/release/djmix/madlib/madlib_medicine_show__no__2___flight_to_brazil/

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dj_krush/寂_jaku/

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/lorange/the_mad_writer/

>reccing jazz to darklands

Piggo is a madman.

Worst case scenario he gets taste.

Whats the worst album you've ever listened too?

snuff jazz fuck yamir fucking fuckman heck

Magenta Circuit.

weezer - pinkerton

Here my dude.

how is it worse than public strain again

i like it a whole lot less

oh

if you remove some letters it says pubic train aint that funny or what

i am the conductor of the pubic train

actually now i want one of those album cover edits so it says "men - pubic train"

didn't realise i'd already got recs last thread

just need a rec from @FlyingIceWizard

ty babe

it's not even spiritual, the man has a deathwish

i made it for u no need to thank me

can i paypal you for this

yes i also accept bitcoin

sent ;)

plaisure doing business with you

Muddy Waters - Folk Singer

The Only Place by Best Coast or The Weirdness by The Stooges

your favorite

how

whos fish

;)

what

Trying to enjoy it is like drinking sand. It's just so uuuuhhhhhhhh -_-

i can get not liking it but the worst you've heard? damn it's just some decent blooz

Joy Division - Closer
A very complete and satisfying experience. A bit too diverse than "Unknown Pleasures", but nothing too experimental. Even Ian Curtis'excessively changeless voice seems to be shifting to warmer sides of melancholy from time to time. A more global and less hopeless piece. Managing to keep the general attitude of the band, it doesn't quite narrow the listener's experience to this sole direction, being more open to interpretation.

Huerco S. - Colonial Patterns
For me this album is about a creative misuse of the genre features. Ambient textures transformed into repetitive beats are put into use the way the dub techno would be, while dub techno covertly pulsing in the background - the way ambient would. A relatively good combination of DIY and good quality sound.
I consider it a wider experience than "For Those Of You Who Have Never", and it's definitely a more defining album for outsider house as a genre. However, while it delivers the aesthetics in a remarkably thorough way, it seems to be lacking the general concept, I can't really see any statement behind it, but I guess it can be attributed to the specifics of the genre.

Minor Threat - Minor Threat
I understand that being a short burst is kind of a concept of punk as a genre, but this is a little bit way too abrupt, I barely memorized some of the songs even on several relistens. I feel like only "I Don't Want To Hear It", "Screaming At The Wall" and s/t track managed to be the complete short explosion this piece intended to be.
Guitars - good, but nothing original or outstanding. Drums - amazing, should have been used more noticeably. Vocals - actually great, not complaining about them.

shrug

bedwetter is srsly dark, my dudes

another good show man

like usual can i get a playlist?

Reposting this. Help plz

That was meant to say "(or anyone else I guess)"

thanks!

Arthur Verocai - Na Boca Do Sol
The Paper Garden - Raining
Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus - Shake
Jack Starr - You Only Live Once
Baby Grandmothers - Being is More Than Life
P.M. 7 / Jupiter - Pone Tala Pone
Thor's Hammer - Big Beat Country Dance
The Animated Egg - I Said, She Said, Ah Cid
Staff Carpenborg and the Electric Corona - Lightning Fires, Burning Sorrows
Caravelles - Lovin' Just My Style
Shin Joong Hyun - Sunset
The Outsiders - Summertime Blues
Quarteto Nova Era - De Repente
Los Orientales de Paramonga - Lobos al Escape
Mogollar - Eastern Love
Pop Music Team - Tlatelolco

ep2 is godly; looking for more of this super dark sensual alt r&b electronic type thing

i hear she's basically grimes but black
grimes

dang. I can see how the weird carnival sections an come off as a bit annoying, but i just think it fits in so well with the eclectic and surreal atmosphere of the album. It's almost like it's some sort of dream. Anyway, glad you enjoyed the rest of it.

what i've heard from grimes seems too upbeat and poppy to be compared to twigs desu

honestly just looking to beef up my sex playlist