Why was this allowed?

Why was this allowed?

The freedom struggle had gained critical mass by the 40s and WW2 greatly weakened your economy...read your history books, Ahmed

The poos would have slaughtered your lads at some point if you would have stretched it further.

>allowed
That's not how it works. There's not some supreme authority that decided it was OK for it to happen. It happened because Britain was too weak to hold onto it and the Indians were tired of being oppressed.

It just wasn't worth the money any more.

Brits could not bear the smell anymore

They weren't being oppressed at all.

I'm sure this is the consensus among historians and the Indians just rebelled because they were tired of their benevolent white servants doing too much to improve the country.

>they were tired of their benevolent white servants doing too much to improve the country.
This

That's pretty much what it was, yeah. Muh freedom to make things worse for everyone.

I like India a lot, but they have to try to understand how much worse things would be if we hadn't colonised.

>but they have to try to understand how much worse things would be if we hadn't colonised.

I think they look at China or Japan, and think why could we not have had that developmental experience? A home-grown attempt at industrialisation.

It doesn't help that India was on the verge of unifying under the Marathas, when the brits started militarily conquering it.

Instead they see the military invention, suppression of their native industries and trades, and the general treatment of subserveience as a national disgrace.

India had writing, India has a history of mathematics and philososphy, India had social reformers through it's history. They think 'why couldn't we go it alone? and rightfully so.

french went to was for 10 years and couldn't cling to algeria, a country with around 10 millions people at the time so letting them go peacefuly was probably the best choice

also give back all the national treasure you stole from india you piece of shit

Wew, are you really using China as an example of something desirable?

Finders keepers m8. Anyway we keep things in better condition, history is safer in the British Museum than anything India has to offer.

>British destroy India's native textile industries, crafts, and social institutions
>force Indians to grow opium for export to China
>mass famines result because of precious farmland being taken up with growing opium poppies

Why would you want India?

t. Gandhi worshipper

this
brits are scum and deserve to be replaced by pajeets by the end of the century as rightful compensation for the damage caused

Deal in exchange for WW2 money with a background of agitation for independence which we couldnt afford to kill

Eh. Right-hand driving and a head-start on English are the only things I'll concede on m8.

well indians, do you still want to defend these crooked teethed island jews?

>singapore calling anyone island jews
get off Sup Forums before your chinese overlords catch you