Why don't "artists" stop a second and ask themselves if their album will be remembered one year from now and save their...

Why don't "artists" stop a second and ask themselves if their album will be remembered one year from now and save their time and ours? I swear I've listened to at least 10 albums this year so far that made me question this.

Money.

And also, this is why it's best to pirate.

Artists opinion of their music will not be always the same of the public.

Because, and this might shock you, they need money and have no other practical skills.

Cut them some fucking slack, they're only human.

How do you know? An artists best effort might be forgotten but their worst effort is remembered

damn

Any artist that makes worthless art should be contained in a concentration camp. ~Adolf Hitler

You make it sound like it's just that easy to write a legendary song/album.

shit excuses tbqh

my point is why make an album if it's not at least a 7/10

This. We don't know what you guys like. Songs that we never thought would get popular end up getting popular, and songs that we like end up being more obscure.

>my point is why make an album if it's not at least a 7/10
Because (1) it's really goddamn hard to look at your own art with any sort of objectivity or outward perception and (2) not everything needs to be above 7/10 anyway because that sort of waters it down.

Have you ever tried to make an album? And who's 7/10 are you going by, yours? Plus think about how many 7/10 albums people forget. An album being good doesn't mean you keep coming back to it for over a year. A year is a long time especially if you intend on listening to a lot of music.

There are albums you might not be a fan of but you can't help but respect them. There are other kind of albums that no one can respect because simply they're either fucking formulaic garbage or really mediocre and offer nothing new to the table. That's what I'm talking about.

Remember when Black Sabbath's first album came out, and everyone didn't give it much of a fuck, only to be critically acclaimed a few years later

those

>no other practical skills
>implying music counts as a skill of yours at all if you're releasing bullshit on Bandcamp that only your local scene's resident bearded landwhales will buy

Musicians rarely make formulaic garbage and are aware of the fact that it's formulaic garbage.
They THINK they're doing something interesting regardless of whether or not they actually are, and when people tell them otherwise, they dismiss them as 'haters' and surround themselves with people who are willing to suck their proverbial ego-cock which further validates what they're doing in their minds.
This is why formulaic garbage gets made. They don't know they're making formulaic garbage. Happens more often than you'd like to think.

Unless we're talking about Kidz Bop. That shit is a self-aware cash-grab. They know exactly what they're doing.

remember when Black Sabbath made an album that had a lukewarm release because it sounded different than everything else?

remember when all those bands OP is talking about are making the same shit that fucktard indie kids were making almost THIRTY YEARS AGO at this point?

these are very different scenarios

>remember when Black Sabbath made an album that had a lukewarm release because it sounded different than everything else?

Not really

BS was considered "Deep Purple but worse" back then

every other occupation in the world requires basic competence and ability. i've never tried to make an album, just like i'm sure most musicians haven't tried to get a PhD, and i'm sure neither of us has ever tried to build a house with our bare hands. but it's bullshit that literally every occupation in the world besides musicians requires skill (not even excellence) and they have the gall to bitch and moan about pirating when they release the lukewarm fuzzy noise pop bullshit that they all do

Why would someone paint a picture that won't be bought for more than $50?

Who would build something that will eventually be gone in 10 years?

What compels someone to make a short film with their buddies that doesn't even get first place at a festival?

Why would someone write a book that never makes it onto the NYT best sellers?

You fucks are so cynical. Some people like to express themselves and make money doing what they love. Sometimes their work will mean something special to a few other people, and if not, at least mean something to them. Everyone WISHES that they will be remembered forever, but no one truthfully thinks that they WILL be. What would the world be if nobody did anything because they knew they wouldn't be the best at it?

Well yeah, music is so easily to put together that a bunch of people with no deep understanding of it will make shitty music. But even if you do know your shit a 7/10 album is still hard to make, just because there are a lot of people that make album without putting in the effort to make something objectively good, doesn't mean that it isn't hard to make good music.

Also not every other occupation requires more skill than music, just like there are dudes who play open chords on a ukulele and sing basic ass melodies with uninspired lyrics, there are people who get paid for standing around handing flyers.

>HURR DURR MUSIC IS OBJECTIVE

Also, asking money for digital releases is dumb imo.

t. entitled teens