Is this one of the greatest albums ever made?

Is this one of the greatest albums ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b0jqPvpn3sY
youtube.com/watch?v=PjKx-yLOGEY
youtube.com/watch?v=5nskHp19580
youtube.com/watch?v=mwU4iCnWAPU
youtube.com/watch?v=mrRImjZlD38
youtube.com/watch?v=Qevr92hcfTc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuggets:_Original_Artyfacts_from_the_First_Psychedelic_Era,_1965–1968
youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7hdF7Xyns
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Currents is better.

Majority of Sup Forums won't admit it but it's a great album.

dude LOUD lmao

tame impala is pleb garbage

No. Highly derivative, singer sounds 100% like one of the most famous singers ever and the songwriting is at highschool level.

Elephant's riff is good neverthless.

this
lonerism is a 9/10 easily, Sup Forums just hates it because "t-tame impala is for plebs who want to feel like they aren't mainstream"

>it's popular so I have to hate it

No

not at all

Do you know what board you're on right now, user? Sup Forums has almost as many pretentious hipsters as Sup Forums

Nope. Tame Impala kinda sucks. Shoes did the pop sound better and Olivia Tremor Control did the guitar sound better.

>songwriting is at a highschool level
>implying that's bad

Sorry, but it's just awful to my ears.

LEL you don't have to be a hipster to recognize derivative, shallow music. You just have to have any knowledge of music from beyond the past 10 years.

I know a lot of plebs who think Currents and their first 2 albums are all too weird and only like The Less I Know the Better off Currents

not sure if greatest of all time but yeah its good

lol

seriously an album like this cant be there with one of the greatest imo

No

no (you)s for currents is better : )

a week or two you will forget about it and just get into some random beirut stuff

>being this pleb

I have no idea how anyone likes currents better. Its good but lonerism has so much more poured into it. I always loved how Nothing That Has Happend So Far is one of the noisier and trippier songs and then Sun's coming up is just a little simple but poignant piano tune.

Idk just feels like a lot more thought went into it. Currents felt more like Kevin Parker trying to get on the radio. (Not that that's bad. Like I said Currents is pretty good.)

As for it being one of the greats? Maybe not of all time but I'd place it somewhere in a best of the decade list.

it's just alright. nothing special, nothing bad

my critique between the two is that lonerism has more strong songs holding it up compared to currents which I didn't really like entirely as much

bretty gud 7/10 many gud songs few no gud songs but Kebin Barker writes gud music sometimes not teh best neopsychedelia tho Desu

>Sun's coming up is just a little simple but poignant piano tune.
the guitar noodling second half is really trippy, and reminds me of piper at the gates of dawn's heavy echo/reverb

Nah, it's just a little bland for psychedelic pop/rock. Since it's derivative, you can't give it props for innovation either, so you're left with a decent album at best. Like a 6/10, not bad, but not great either.

how is it bland? im waiting for actual criticisms and not buzzwords

Bump

Tame Impala is hands down the best band in the world right now. They are not pretty good, they are pretty incredible. But more than just how good they are, They represent the first ripple in a massive change that we are about to go through musically as well as culturally. I think that over the course of the next 10 years we are going to see a sort of mini-renaissance similar to what we saw in the late 50s-60s post war. With pot and gay marriage soon to be legal federally its gonna be a whole new world. 2012 end of the world isn't the end of human life, its the end of one way of thinking and the start of another. Pot...cash...crop...money! As someone already said here on reddit, The united states will be the only country in the world were pot is legal federally. We are gonna have jobs again, and money to burn. Money to spend on art and music. In a sense, a need will be created for GOOD art and music. Not something that is coldy manufactured by hitmakers. Tame Impala is leading the charge! They are proving that people CAN tell the difference between real and manufactured music! Im not saying Tame Impala are the next Beatles but they are making enough waves to make change. Moral of story, Tame Impala Rocks!!!! They (kevin park) are making real beautiful music that only happens when a talented person commits a lot of time to something that they are passonate about. Tame Impala is a real life "bedroom" band, they way it is meant to be .

3 good songs: the album

shut the fuck up faggot.

>derivative shallow music

it isnt that big of a fucking deal just listen to the goddamn music.

>liking the Foo Fighters of psychedelic rock

ok pal let me try to help
compare this: youtube.com/watch?v=b0jqPvpn3sY
to this: youtube.com/watch?v=PjKx-yLOGEY
or this: youtube.com/watch?v=5nskHp19580
or this: youtube.com/watch?v=mwU4iCnWAPU
or this: youtube.com/watch?v=mrRImjZlD38
or this: youtube.com/watch?v=Qevr92hcfTc

nothing you posted is as good as Lonerism

you linked Open My Eyes to a song off Lonerism that doesn't even have phasing. should have used mind mischief instead of elephant

I guess I can't help you then
you're what I would call "helpless"
as a last ditch effort check out this compilation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuggets:_Original_Artyfacts_from_the_First_Psychedelic_Era,_1965–1968

all you did was post shit ive heard a billion times already... no, I don't think artists on that comp like the 13th floor elevators are better than Lonerism. I respect the past but don't live in it. Tame Impala is a quality band

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

ehhh tame impala fucking blows, always has. this is psych-lite for kids. watered down version of a heap of other (more deserving) bands,

cant tell if troll or not.

I can't take any one who says this seriously.

no, I don't think artists on that comp like the 13th floor elevators are better than Lonerism

oh god, kill it with fire!

Innerspeaker is better.

if you like light in-offensive psych-pop for normies.

Gonna sound cliche as hell, but listen under the influence, change your life swear to god

I'd be really mad if I had to waste good for acid this shitty burger record band's bland butt-psychedelia

>Dudeeee you've gotta do drugs to get it
I dont know batshit about psychedelic music but I enjoyed this so much with my normie friends it's so chill lmao

^ this

i like it

My mates always put it on when we trip, which I don't mind. It's pretty good but it is very cliche.

People who think this album is bland and nothing special know fuck all about music and sound/production. Kevin Parker is unironically a pop genius and one of the best all round musicians alive today.

Anyone who says this is one of the greatest albums ever made needs to listen to more albums.

Underkeked. I wonder what the person that came up with this the other thread actually meant.

It's not the greatest or even good. It's a solid 5/10. It just exists.

the ones i can imagine being into this are people trying pot for the first time.
> turns on phaser/flanger
wwoooahhhh soo trippyyy maaannnn

innerspeaker is better

when did everything become so soft? and how is this acceptable?

at some point in the last 10 years soft rock became cool.

you picked one of the worst songs on the album dumbass

I remember when it first came out and I played it on repeat for a while. One of the most significant rock records of the 10's simply because the songs are so good.

That's the difference between Currents and Lonerism. Currents has waaay too many little detours and turns, but Lonerism hits you back to back with great song after the other.

but it doesnt "rock"?

b8

compare to the best song on the album then youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7hdF7Xyns
I don't even not like Tame Impala I just think they're okay. They're like if Wild Nothing and Radio Dept were just a little worse.

If anything it's a good kiddy detector, no self respecting adult should give this derivative watered down schlock the time of day

I really like tame impala. I fell in love with Innerspeaker after really liking Currents, after that Currents started to speak in me and then I realised is a pretty good record.
When I heard Lonerism I felt that everything I love about Innerspeaker was gone (Especifically a sense of overwhelming energy that goes through the album, like it never lets it self fall but picks it up in the exact moment to continue or recreate this energy)
I've listened to Lonersim a coule of times and I found it boring. Could some of you tell me why you prefer lonerism to the other two records? I think its kinda flat sounding, it lacks the energy I always feel in Innerspeaker.
It's not that I want you to make me like it, but I always considerany music can be good or touch at least under the right circunstances.
I'm curious in what you all feel with this record that Innerspeaker or Currents lacks?
so, please could you tell me?

Pretty good yes, great maybe, one of the greatest ever made not even close.