Times where an album download fucked you over

>get Fugazi - 13 Songs
>Lockdown has a skip at 1:56 where it repeats the "down" from "shut you down" three times and it transitions perfectly, never questioned it cause the song isn't great anyway
>my dumb ass never noticed until now, had the album for almost a year

>get Drive Like Jehu's s/t
>the tracklist is fucked and some songs are somehow mislabeled
>takes me two listens to question it and fix it

Anyone ever had this happen? Or am I just mentally impaired?

Shit, by "transitions perfectly" I meant it skips to the next song really well. I'm honestly considering just keeping it.

I remember downloading a fake Black One, never noticed until I've listened some of the actual tracks on Youtube

Didn't happen to me but I remember when MBDTF first came out there was a copy floating around here that had the Chris Rock sketch on blame game replaced with a Jerry Seinfeld stand up bit and apparently a lot of people didn't question it and thought it was how it actually was on the album.

On Chad vangaalens shrink dust, two songs have parts of other songs cut into them (leaning on dust has this really weird cutout about a minute in into an acoustic song in an entirely different tempo that I'm not even sure is from the same album), questioned it immediately but am still too lazy to fix it and have left it for like, a year.

>around 2009-10 maybe
>download The Sword's Gods of the Earth somewhere
>dig it and shit
>play Guitar Hero Metallica for the first time, it has The Black River in it
>it sounds different
>confused
>download it again, from a more respectful source
>it's the same version from the game
>even more confused

Then I found out there's an early leak version with a different recording/mix in a couple of tracks. Still prefer the leak mix of Black River

>First time listening to the fragile
>Just read here on Sup Forums some joker complaining about how the album is all over the place
>Read an interview in which tront called the album all over the place
>Dowload the album, flac and shit
>2 Cd's
>Put that on my walkman start listening to the album
>"The fuck it's really to much all over the place"
>3 years later i'm a big fan of nin but I hate the fragile.
>Remastered comes out, buy it cuz autism
> "Shit"
>When I put the album on my walkman I didn't numbered the songs so when the first song finished the first song on the second cd started and so on

>tfw you find out you've been listening to an album it a slightly adjusted pitch so the uploader could avoid copyright infringement

>yfw you download a fake leak track which is much better than the actual one

Exmilitary? I remember listening to it a while ago. Looking back at it now, some tracks seem really butchered, especially Known For It.

Can't find it on slsk without that annoying mixtape DJ at the beginning of Wrist so now that always plays in my head.

Downloaded that fake aphex twin syro leak. Think I like it more than the original. Also got a copy of deathconsciousness that had the future labeled as deep, deep and vice versa. Still haven't changed them because it would just feel weird at this point

There's the famous MBDTF torrent with "Who will survive in America"as the second track. I know a bunch of people (including me) that though that's the right order.

I really wish Suggestion actually continued into a heavy breakdown like they did live, instead of just cutting off at "GUILTY"

seriously it's a fucking ruined orgasm

There's Blur's Magic Whip leaks where it's just Everyday Robots with some actual Magic Whip singles in them

I mean at first it's so convincing because how forgettable ER is and how nobody ever listened to that garbage album

It took me about 3 years to realise I had a fake Cosmogramma.

Whatever I had was really good though.

it was convincing enough that Fantano reviewed it instead of the real album.

Shit, that's funny. Link?

I my first copy of Dopethrone was mostly fine but near the beginning and in other places in the album is had these weird squltching noises. They way they were placed in most instances it sounded kind of legitimate. For example at the beginning of Vinum Sabbathi: "When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple of ways you can get out: one is death,(squelching noises) the other is mental institutions..."

There were other instances but that seemed the most intentional

I essentially had Dopethrone feat. Merzbow.

he took it down a few hours after he posted it when he found out it was fake. IDK if there are any mirrors around.

I used to have Ny Batteri by Sigur Ros labeled as "Amnesiac" and it was my opener for the copy I downloaded from Radiohead's Amnesiac way back in like 2003.

It fit pretty well, and it made me love both the album and the song a little more for the happy mishap. Amnesiac slowly became my favorite album, and I still listen sometimes to Ny Batteri befoore hearing the album to get in a certain mindset.

I got the rise of and fall of Ziggy Stardust 2 cd special edition and heard the 2nd first and thought Moonage Daydream (aronld corns) was Five Years and i loved it

I downloaded Ziggy Stardust years ago. It didn't had Soul Love and I didn't realized it for years. Which is shit considering that's my favorite song on that album.

what did the fake Black One sound like?

This is funny as fuck

plastic beach

I downloaded a version of "Heroes" by David Bowie with really fucked up tracklisting, and now I have a hard time listening to it in the actual order. I thought Blackout was one of his best closing tracks for a while.

>wasting my time and effort to find a high quality pirated copies of albums by an artist
>until I realized that those albums are officially free
Fucking RTJ. I just realized during RTJ3 release that ALL of their albums are free to download. I thought the only one that's free is Meow The Jewels because that's a joke album.

Oresund Space Collective uploads HQ recordings of their concerts but their first 20-ish concerts, along with being only 128kbps (and there being pretty much no chance of a better recording), are often completely mislabeled. As in, you'll download Song X and it's file name is Song Y.

Granted, their songs are all improvised and the titles are completely arbitrary nonsense ("Love at first schnitzel," for example), so I guess it doesn't really matter that much.

I did the same thing with Girl Talk. I wasted a freeleech token on All Day.

In 2002 I downloaded a remix of Who Let the Dogs out where there was a skip after one verse and for 15 years I had to live with it until i found the unskipped version on soulseek.

One time I downloaded stairway to heaven off kazaa and at one point in the song the volume gets 2x louder for about 1 second, just enough to scare you or rattle your speakers

I downloaded an album where every track has a female voice saying "this is not to leak" at the start of every track.

I guess it leaked.

Most of XTCs albums up to Skylarking, the downloads that I have, have pretty awful skipping in parts. I haven't gotten around to re-downloading them.

was that an Enter Shikari album? I had the same thing with one of their albums

Yep, haha. It was on the copy of 'The Mindsweep' I downloaded.

It hasn't bothered me enough to download the proper version yet.

anyone remember that fake cosmogramma download that circulated for ages? I know people who didn't know they had the wrong album until years later

>DJ Aaron Ellis

>download Centipede Hz
>its something completely different
>never found out what it actually was

>download Justice - Cross
>apparently it's on of the greatest EDM albums ever
>it's complete rubbish

I'm still looking for the good version everyone talks about. I've downloaded dozens of different copies and even bought original CDs and vinyls, yet they all sound like noisy garbage.

>Download Killer Mike- RAP Music
>vocals on Butane are shifted real deep
>think it sounds dope
>later discover that it wasn't actually mixed that way a year later
>mfw been listening to the wrong version of a song that I liked

Well I got Hallelujah! Don't Bend, Ascend and it was just Radiohead's the Tourist 12 times

downloaded an archive with vampire weekend,s album, but i've got a folder called "neutral milf hotel" in it, and there were 11 tracks with cycled "i love you jesus chriiiiiiiist"

Fairly sure no one was quick enough to download it, I remember I was bummed because I missed it.

not a download but my version of war by U2 doesnt have seconds on it, which is for the better because that song sucks

>That version of "Mmmhmm" thats just the first 5 seconds of the song looped for 6 full minutes

I seriously thought I was listening to the real album for YEARS!

torrented good kid, m.A.A.d city a long time ago. Only recently realized that track 12 had been missing all along. I though that The Recipe was the last track on the album for the longest time. I though that was the Dre feature everyone was talking about

Always thought EVOL by Sonic Youth was supposed to end with Bubblegum, and I was pissed because it ruins the otherwise perfect closer of Expressway to Yr. Skull.

nails - abandon all life

some asshole changed some tracks into into shitty scene kid music

I downloaded Nevermind about 6 years ago and didn't find out that Endless Nameless existed until about 2 years ago because Something in the Way was cut short to 3:47 seconds

for years i thought the first track to Parallel Lines was Picture This.

>pirating music

>Sup Forums during prereleased CHz
That was a magical time

kek

Although that said, when Painting With leaked I ended up downloading ITAOTS disguised as PW three times. The fourth time I ended up downloading the correct album except that Vertical was replaced with The King of Carrot Flowers Parts Two and Three.... so there's that

I downloaded ITAOTS from here years ago and only recently realised the track listing was totally fucked. I thought Takyon was the best album opener I've ever heard.

top kek

From the archive one of the only downloads for Currents by Tame Impala is an entire 2Chainz album with all the songs renamed to the songs from currents.

D/led some shitty rym-core electro nigga house mixtape, it was ~99 tracks and not one of them was properly tagged. Fuck off.

yea the other day
> download looney runes
> all the tracks or misordered as soon as they go on my ipod
fucckk It didnt start with panzer ruin and I got triggred instantly

anyone here download Divers by Joanna Newsom when it leaked and get the version with all the Talking Heads memes in it?
>I'm a government man

I downloaded a Best Coast album that was just just Seinfeld clips.

So it's better?

when I was 14, I entered a huge Nirvana phase after finding a copy of In Utero in one of those big CD zip up cases (or whatever they are called) that was left out on the road, the CD was damaged to shit but I was able to rip everything on it, however the songs had random screeches and distorted parts due to the damage on the CD. They sounded decent and I thought they were a part of the album until I got an FLAC copy online

I downloaded a version of exmilitary that didnt have Klink on it. For 4 months I got used to cut throat transitioning straight into culture shock.

thats actually pretty cool

Not quite a download problem, but when i listened to OPN's Returnal for the first time, halfway through I could hear samples from Replica playing in the background. I was just thinking man what a guy Lopatin sampled his next album into Returnal. But the samples just kept going on and it took me 15 minutes to realize that Replica has accidentally started playing in another music player.

Fuckkkk you got me. Picture this is actually a good opener tho

Oh shit

Got a link?

lmao, it's a great track though, better than Compton imo, but Compton is a much better closer.

>Can't find torrent of Rainer Maria - Look Now, Look Again
>Decide to buy it off bandcamp, no big deal
>Album is perfectly fine until the last song
>Midway through it repeats "i'll" twice and then seamlessly transitions to "melt"
>Annoying as fuck, and completely ruins the album
>Discover the Sharethread and download an archived file
>File is perfect
>Take a lesson and always steal music

when I first got into AnCo I downloaded Painting With (here, mind you) to find some fuck's dubbed over DJ-phrases. I didn't know for the longest time so I just assumed PW was shit. I mean, it is shit, but significantly less shit.

When I downloaded Hail to the Thief, I got the unmasatered version and thought that was the actual version for about a year.

aaron was a bloody scourge for a while
funny lad though