Where do I go from here? I think this and The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady are ruining music for me

Where do I go from here? I think this and The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady are ruining music for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=plL2VDAoThU
youtube.com/watch?v=4Np9yApXD94
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To the bidet.

Gas - Pop --> Zauberberg

Listening to this right now. Guys name is Wolfgang. who the fuck names there kid Wolfgang?

Parents who think they're naming your kid something cool but he'll probably get bullied in school for having an edgy name

Good artist, though

the superior album obviously

>I think this and The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady are ruining music for me.
Holy shit, get your head out of your ass. The epitome of someone on /daily/ and/or RYM. Long Season is ambient for bitch boys who can't handle actually complex ambient.

TBSATSL has a more complex arrangement than most jazz, yet the playing exhibited by each instrument is far less interesting than most jazz, and the arrangement ain't shit compared to the greats of classical music.

You need more patrician shit in your life

Start with Bach. All his Brandenburg Concertos, The Goldberg Variations, Violin Concertos, Mass In B Minor, Art Of Fugue, Well Tempered Clavier, and St Matthew Passion

Depends on what you like about it. If it's for the long but rewarding progressions, check out minimalist artists like Steve Reich.

>actually complex ambient
like fucking what? berlin school?
I dont give a single fuck how complex the ambient music I listen to is

disregard opinions like these

Long Season is better
Your pretentious as fuck but I've been meaning to get into classical and will start with bach
The progression is definitely a big part if it will check out Steve Reich what do I start with Music for 18 Musicians

>complex ambient

I would honestly start with his Octet and Electric Counterpoint then do 18 Musicians. Shorter length means easier to digest.
youtube.com/watch?v=plL2VDAoThU
youtube.com/watch?v=4Np9yApXD94

>you like Fishmans and Mingus
Say no more senpai, pic related will be right up your alley

People who aren't ameritards?

Let me guess your a europoor?

there really isn't a way to get into classical. i would suggest you just start with a piece or two by the greats (bach, mozart, beethoven, schubert, brahms, stravinsky, etc) and just move from there based on which ones you like the most
cover all the genres in your grand overview

Well shit, you must LOVE Bull Of Heaven then with how they play the same chord for literally days.

>being this buttblasted by superior tastte

Go for it. Be prepared though as a lot of Bach's stuff requires thorough listens.

>enjoying bitch ass limited sounds rather than the constantly changing ideas of artists like Klaus Schulze, Autechre, and Stars Of The Lid
Yeah...not about stupid rockist garbage here. That view of music only limits the palettes a music listener can explore. It's why people often even have to start with weaker, more rockist takes on such forms of music even though the rockism actually limits what it can fully do.

Thank you listening to electric counterpoint right now

I've already listened to this thought it was overall boring but it hands some cool parts will listen to it again

>stars of the lid
...what?

If you thought Future Days was boring you'd probably prefer Tago Mago which is way more experimental and raw

just listen to some more minimalism (+John Adams, Terry Riley) and come back to Future Days

What should i listen to from john adams?

phrygian gates

What do you mean? I don't see the correlation. Black Saint is 9/10 great jazz album and Long Season is 6/10 Sup Forumscore we inflate the reputation of just because it's Japanese

yep people just like it cause its japanese
there's nothing special about long season at all