Retained monarchies

>retained monarchies
>pioneered capitalism
>both are sovereign states with constituent countries
>naval powers
>shared business ventures (Shell, Unilever)
>Terraced housing is common
>influential and recongisable flags; Dutch flag influenced the flag of Russia which in turn influenced flags of many Slavic countries. British flag appears on the flags of former colonies e.g. Australia, NZ, Fiji and Tuvalu and is also a popular fashion icon
>colonised South America (Guyana and Suriname), South Africa, New York and the Carribbean together
>Similar languages; most Dutch can speak English
>Electronic music popular in both countries (e.g. Dutch invented gabber, Brits invented dubstep and drum and bass)
>yellow number plates
>both are infested with shitskins

When did you swallow the ultimate redpill and realise that the UK and The Netherlands are simply estranged brothers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M
sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I realised this a while ago.
celtic parts / up north can feel kind of scandinavian.
south east can feel quite french at times.

but our most similar countries overall are clearly flanders, netherlands and denmark

Don't forget the Glorious Revolution that made your country the foremost power on earth through limiting the King's power and allowing capitalism to flourish.

>steal all of our colonies
>co-opt all our innovations while forcing us to fight your wars for you
>create belgium
>install the house of Orange
>push neo liberalism on us
>ruin all our tourist areas with your pleb tourists

We let you keep Indonesia

Linguistically speaking, aren't Dutch and Frisian the most similar to English (ignoring meme "languages" like Scots)?

youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

Scots would actually be closer than English.

frisian is pretty meme but yea dutch is the closest proper language

sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

scots """"""""""""""""""language""""""""""""""""""

only a few la

>co-opt all our innovations while forcing us to fight your wars for you
muh appropriation

>create belgium
this was a grave mistake i admit

>install the house of Orange
nothing wrong with that

>push neo liberalism on us
[citation needed]

>ruin all our tourist areas with your pleb tourists
you people offer drugs and prostitutes to tourists and then actually have the audacity to complain when you attract scumbags

>only a few la
>guyana
>ceylon
>malaysia
>south africa (ended really well)

>muh appropriation
>Willam 'the turd' III becomes king with massive Dutch help (because he comitted a coup d'etat in the Dutch republic) and tries to get the Dutch republic to fight in the nine years war and war of the spanish sucession, ending in an insurmountable amount of debt that largely ended the Dutch golden age.

>nothing wrong with that
>installing a bunch of elitist, absolutist cousin fuckers who have no use besides taking bribes, being (literal) nazis and waving at crowds

>you people offer drugs and prostitutes to tourists and then actually have the audacity to complain when you attract scumbags
>offer people amazing scenery, great public services and a chance to look at a few of the greatest works of art in the world a la Rembrand and Van Gogh, but instead they fuck whores and drug themselves out of their minds because our government does not pursue retarded counter-intuitive drug policies.

pic related, what anglos actually do to our people

>amazing scenery
Kek

Tbh I feel like we're more similar to bongs than Germans.

how

German personality is the opposite of a Dutch personality.
Germans are hardworking, perfectionists and very autistic, while we like to take things slowly and less stressful. "Van fouten leer je".

Why exactly are the Dutch such great civil engineers?

Because without engineering our country would look like this

>guyana, ceylon, malaysia, south africa (ended really well)
the empire ain't free, colonial treasury gotta be litterd with the blood of natives

>Willam 'the turd' III becomes king with massive Dutch help (because he comitted a coup d'etat in the Dutch republic) and tries to get the Dutch republic to fight in the nine years war and war of the spanish sucession, ending in an insurmountable amount of debt that largely ended the Dutch golden age.
you're blaming us for what a dutchman did on our throne, and also how do you expect us to ever side with france

>installing a bunch of elitist, absolutist cousin fuckers who have no use besides taking bribes, being (literal) nazis and waving at crowds
we just wanted to give you the authentic royal family experience

>offer people amazing scenery, great public services and a chance to look at a few of the greatest works of art in the world a la Rembrand and Van Gogh, but instead they fuck whores and drug themselves out of their minds because our government does not pursue retarded counter-intuitive drug policies.
exactly, you are the ones at fault in this situation

>pic related
hey, we basically handed over control of the whole of south africa to the boers in 1910, south africa's subsequent failure is entirely on them.

Only part of south Africa and New York, the rest you discovered and named but didnt settle really and we just kept your names half the time

Half of South Africa (Mostly Natal) was settled by British colonists, never by Dutch ones.

I admit the boers should have been let go with their free state.

Netherlands is pretty based, looking to move once my degree is done

>you're blaming us for what a dutchman did on our throne
the was raised by his English mother, speaking English, hardly a real Dutchman
>also how do you expect us to ever side with france
you had no problem with it when you ganged up on the Dutch republic in 1672

>exactly, you are the ones at fault in this situation
>it's our fault anglos are children who can't handle temptation

>e basically handed over control of the whole of south africa to the boers in 1910, south africa's subsequent failure is entirely on them.

no you didn't, South Africa was constitutionally obligated to enter both world wars for Britain (which the boers loved, as evidenced by the Maritz rebellion), it ruined and proletarianized much of the Arikaner population and it made South Africa's economy almost entirely reliant on British capital.

Jan Smuts, who ruled for much of the inter war period and during the war. He was largely elected by englishmen and a minority of traitors

>half Dutch, half English

Feels good man. I'm like a herring pie.

Please don't. We're full.

Are the Dutch all so buttblasted or is it just one guy who's buttblasted literally all the time?

I just recognize that our nations have been mortal enemies for centuries

Nah, you should have given the Boers more freedom in the Cape Colony, so that they didn't flee. An Union of South-Africa was a mistake, because in the states next to Cape Colony the Boers were outnumbered by local population. The Cape Colony should have had an Australian immigration policy.

It's just rivality.

Scots actually predates modern English in the sense that it retains a lot of Germanic vocabulary that the English lost after they were conquered by the normans

You're right, it was the US who took that away from us. At least we may build dykes and new land for them in Jakarta, but the education seems to be very anti-Dutch.

Let's say Batavia is never finished

Its sad we had so many wars. If we combined our powers we would rule the world together. Stay strong Brittish brothers.

*Stay strong my Pakistani muslim friends and Indian curryniggers.

I have long believed that the Dutch were just continental Brits

Both are shitholes full of faggots

Ignore this retard my based anglo bros
You have been our greatest ally ever since we fought the spanish together

Other way around my photosynthesising friend

>Ignore this retard my based anglo bros

I thought that was a given for avatar fagging cunts like that.

fuck off butthurt retard, hope russia slaughters you all

Just make more land!

We should form our own European Union. Let's call it: The Holy European Union.

You have to go back

We are more similar to Germany in pretty much every way imaginable

Yes they are

Also:

>Frisian
>Not a meme language

doggerland when?