Slint made Spiderland when they were 19-20 years old

>Slint made Spiderland when they were 19-20 years old

>you're older than that and still haven't done anything with your life

Why do all their pictures keep getting photobombed by a Chinese tourist? Weird.

>one of the most important albums of the 90's was done by kids

How

But I'm 18.

the 90s was a decade of kids whining

better get started quickly then huh fucker

>a pretty shitty album was made by a bunch of teenagers

really gets the noggin joggin

well since you're posting here I assume you're already bitter and socially retarded like they were, all you need now is talent

I make better music but don't show anyone because they'll copy it

is that will toledo on the left

I decided to follow the "Brian Wilson made pet sounds when he was 23, what have YOU done" meme instead. That way I still have roughly one year to make an album equal to or greater than Pet Sounds.

>really gets the noggin joggin

that's the second time i've seen this today

the sub-20 meme is too enforced
someone make an over-30 chart core
bonus if they make an over 40

(you)

>post season 9 episode

hey man whoever you are, i love you, but you're not going to make an album equal to or greater than Pet Sounds. you might make something great though, i hope you do and i think you will

Who the FUCK are you to stifle his dreams and creativity?! Fuck off

Quality post

hahahahaahah shiiiiiiittt your(my) ego is fucked.

But if he shoots high, he'll make something better than if he did low

yeah i think that's the trick with ego and art like you have to believe that you can do something great to do something great. just gotta keep that shit to yourself and don't let it get in the way of relationships and such.

>le ageism

>Leonard Cohen made Songs of Leonard Cohen when he was 33
>if you're posting on Sup Forums you're probably younger than that

don't stress user

I know user, don't worry. Suicide is coming this year I can feel it.

>leonard cohen is dead
>you aren't
take that bitch hahaha

Now I'm super jealous of him

Just wait till you are older than 27 and realist how much all those 27-club fags achieved in their entire lives compared to you.

how young are you, user?

28 years young, sonny.
For a guy that use to worship all those young corpses it was a hard pill to swallow.

I'd kill myself to be 28 again

>>you're older than that and still haven't done anything with your life
neither have most of them post-spiderland, except for some additionaly decent music

most of them (pajo especially) are pathetic failures and burnouts whose only claim to fame is playing on a cult classic indie rock album and headlining a few festivals

stay in school. don't pursue music

I'm 18 and have made 2 albums better than spiderland.

>most of them (pajo especially) are pathetic failures and burnouts
Damn, a suicide attempt? Any clue as to why?

i´ve sold music, i´ve performed music live, i´ve played with other people

so in a sence i´ve done shit with my life. im not a millionaire coz of it but i got to do music and hear more than enough bands live

honestly couple months break from live gigs could just be nice coz i feel tired

He got Babak'd

>they made this when they were 27 years old

how in the holy fuck was it possible?

Sonic Youth made DN when they were in their 30s

>24
>In medical school

Okay

A mumbling, go nowhere, do nothing album for whiny little nu males was made by a bunch of teenagers.

Huh. Go figure.

>go nowhere

feel free to explain that one.

It goes nowhere. An excercise in futile talentlessness and lack of technique.

i would say its the opposite of that statement

Pajo was in Tortoise, another great post-band, go wash your mouth you shithead

>Pajo especially
Papa M is great

His girlfriend/wife cheated on him. There's a suicide not still on his website iirc

Can somebody explain to me why Pajo gets so much attention from Slint fans, is it simply because he's put out more material than any of the other members since then?

He had virtually nothing to do with the writing of Spiderland, it was all Britt and Brian's doing, he's a talented guitarist but in terms of artistry, he was just playing what they wrote for him.

Look to "The For Carnation" their self titled album is mindblowingly good, but sadly overlooked. Just like Spiderland, you're probably gonna need to listen to it more than once to actually realize that. It is a very quiet and slow moving record, more focus is put towards repetition than dynamics, not to say there isn't great use of that too, just subtler.

Most of the "writing" was just a result of jamming sessions which Pajo lent a lot towards, and as you said he was a great guitarist

>Implying age matters
David Bowie made his best album in his 60's.

Other than being a great guitarist and touring with a lot of other bands like the yeah yeah yeahs, he tried killing himself. It was pretty cringe, and he failed. He also posted on instagram shitting on his cheating wife. Overall, it was really sad and cringe. So I guess slint fans are worried about him

Sup Forums needs more posts like this

No, not really. Brian and Britt wrote most of this album while Pajo and Brashear were off at college. While it is true they spent a lot of time refining it during practices, Brian is who informed Pajo on how to play for this album, prior to this Pajo had a drastically different approach to his playing.

Absolutely true he is talented though, but creatively speaking Spiderland is all Britt and Brian.

>one of the most important albums of the 90's

"no"

>I'm going to make an inflammatory comment without an actual argument so nobody can refute me

>Underground indie album
>Large majority of people don't even know of
>>""Most important album of the 90""

Pajo is a pathetic (literal btw) cuck

Semiramus were younger and more ambitious.

and metallica made ride the lightning at the same age too.

It inspired countless of musicians and helped shape the musical landscape

What are you saying an album can't be influential if it doesn't hit Beatles or Nirvana levels of success? It is enough to make a dent with musicians to be influential, you don't have to be a radio band for that,

Andrew Scheps admits that Jay Z's 99 Problems mix was luck. What's your point?

I don't care, they did nothing after Spiderland

>It inspired countless of musicians and helped shape the musical landscape

Bullshit. Who? Citations needed.

Just because a bunch of bearded numale progressive cucks like an album on the internet doesn't make it influential.

you just threw away your argument by resorting to calling anyone who likes it a cuck, good job retard

>David Bowie made his best album in his 60's.
Love Blackstar too but c'mon. Unless you are talking about the next day in that case you are trying to hard sonny

>cuck
>A man who likes watching his wife/ girlfriend fuck other guys.
>Pajo got cheated
>try to sudoku
>Some pussy ass bitch call him a cuck

exhibit A
>I know you are in love and I know you two are perfect for each other. I truly feel that way. He’s your age, Persian, handsome, business savvy, wealthy, pseudo-Buddhist, charming socialite, surfer, wine-r and dine-r, and good in the sack to boot.
>He's everything you ever wanted from a husband and who I could never be.

exhibit B
>But I forgive you, L****. I forgive you for the torture, the affair, and the lack of concern for what I went through. I forgive you because I truly love you and always have.

>>you're older than that and still haven't done anything with your life
Nope I'm 19 and going to college to get a medium-high paying job with lots of opportunity to move up. After school I'm going to learn an instrument and hopefully in 10 years be good enough to make some music. I doubt that I'll ever be as good as they are, but I'll be happy to make and release music so long as somebody likes it.

desu I'm pretty content with the way things are headed.

I can't think of an album further from this statement.

>tfw all you want to do is put out a shitty album so at least 5 kids on a cambodian tarantula venom farming board will appreciate
>but you dont have any friends to join you and you are too inexperienced to play and record every instrument yourself.

t. never listened to Spiderland

>What are you saying an album can't be influential if it doesn't hit Beatles or Nirvana levels of success?
I'm saying an album like Nevermind deserves the title as most important album of the 90's more than an album like Spiderland because it has a family tree of bigger influence that spread far and wider than Spiderland.

>Trying to objectify music

>going to college to get a medium-high paying job
Have fun being a debt cucked wageslave and living a life of absolute mediocrity in the degenerate inner city

Do you think Slint could successfully make a comeback?

>after school i'm going to learn an instrument

start as early as possible you won't regret it

no probably not
Pajo said it was a thing where "the stars aligned" and it probably couldn't happen again. I'd say let Slint exist as a cult band that made an absolutely fantastic album.

>absolutely fantastic album.
You're wrong.

ok

"nu males"

I feel almost 100% confident in the fact that Brian and Britt together could make something amazing again, it probably wouldn't be, or feel, like a Spiderland successor, but them together have all the potential in the world.

(You)

thanks

DO IT

Watch the Anime named ONE PIECE you will understand
A

Artists are Pirates.

The message here right now is LETS ALL SAY FUCK IT AND MAKE A BUNCH OF MUSICS!

You can do it guys !

I BELIEVE

I'm going to a cheap college for a major which can get me a job right out of school. My parents said that I can take a year at home to pay off my debts. Honestly I probably won't have any debt past 25.

>mooching off your parents
>cheap college=cheap education
>thinking you'll be any good at an instrument with the non-existent work ethic you (dont) have

You know you didn't have to include the (don't) at the end there, right?

lol

>tfw you're 18
>tfw you only got into music a year ago
>tfw youre learning guitar and music theory but no one near good enough to make an album yet

i wish i loved music when i was younger

iktf but i cant take a break yet

im in a position where i could make decent money doing it so i need to keep putting in work before i can take a vacation

Fuck slint.

Oh God I know how that feels. I'm 21 and been playing guitar a few years but not seriously. Only really stepped up my game and tried to learn theory over the past 9 months or so, taken up piano as well. I really wish I'd have taken music lessons as a kid.

shit is depressing as hell

but
>pseudo-Buddhist
kek. almost got him from beyond the grave

It really says a lot about you that you think "no" is an inflammatory comment

I'd kill myself to be dead desu