Which is the best language?

I can't decide which language to learn, someone help me out.

>Russian
I really like the way Russian sounds, and some of my favourite books are translated from Russian, it would be amazing to read them as they were intended to be written.

>Japanese
I like a lot of Japanese music and also it would be cool to be able to post on Futuba or 2ch. I'm a little bit concerned people might think I'm a weeb, but maybe I'm worrying too much about what others think.

>Chinese
I have a lot of friends in Hong Kong and might try living there some day. It would be cool to speak the language, even if it is pretty English-friendly compared to the rest of the country.

So what do you reckon? Which one should I try to learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQYN2P3E06s
youtu.be/o1eHKf-dMwo
asbarez.com/159714/alexander-the-great-last-will-discovered-in-armenian-manuscript/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Chinese
>Hong Kong
You surely meant Cantonese

Yeah, thats what I meant. I don't have any interest in learning Mandarin.

All of them are hard to learn and going to take a long time, just a heads up. Japan definitely has the best media of the three imo.

Go with which ever you are more passionate about, because you are most likely to stick with it.

Japanese

learn Icelandic

Cantonese is Chinese

Russian is the best, the others are for weeb trash

Japanese, German, all Scandinavian (except for Danish), Ukrainian, Dutch sound qt desu

French > Chinese > Spanish = German > Italian > Japanese

Depends on why you would want to learn a language.

Mandarin is arguably the most useful (I know you meant Cantonese) coming from someone who speaks both dialects. However, both of them do sound like cancer when you listen to it long enough.

I agree with you on Russian, though unless you have people to use it with i.e. friends, you will get bored with it very fast- as with any language.

>dialects
why do Chinese people call all the Chinese languages Chinese when they're about as or more varied than the Romance languages?
nobody calls Italian and French dialects of Latin

chinese nationalism

Pedantics but in normal use we do tend to refer to them by their names rather than just 'Chinese', eg putonghua, gongdongwa etc, when a distinction is useful to mention. Obviously if I was in Beijing speaking Mandarin then just 'Chinese' is fine. But in Hong Kong they are frequently called by their distinct names.

fuck u danish is qt as fuck u faggot

wrong

vi ses om et år eller to når du flytter hertil for at gå på universitetet, så kommer du til at tale dansk hele tiden :^)

mit dansk er så dårligt jeg går til norge eller sverige i steden

Anything but Russian

french or italian desu senpai all all other languages sounds like shit

youtube.com/watch?v=WQYN2P3E06s

kan ni inte bara prata så som ni skriver?
konsonanter finns av en anledning ska du veta, använd dom

Is the Scandinavian gender system simple? Which language would be easiest? Norwegian? do I learn Nynorsk or Bokmål? or is Swedish the better option? Are they all mutually intelligible?

you should choose Swedish or Norwegian for maximum intelligibility doesn't really matter which
nynorsk is a meme so bokmål is the better choice
you could also consider Danish but it has poorer intelligibility with the other two and is notoriously difficult to pronounce
in any case its grammar and vocabulary is near identical to bokmål

bokmål grammar is slightly simpler than Swedish, for example only having 2 genders instead of 3, but all the languages are among the easiest there are for an English speaker

you could also go for Icelandic or Faroese for more bragging rights but they are a lot more difficult and offer little if any intelligibility with the continental languages

I think I'll do Duolingo for Bokmål unless duolingo is a meme.

> Dutch sound
> qt

wut

duolingo is fine to begin with
it's great at building vocabulary and spelling

however it needs to be supplemented at intermediate and later stages as it's not terribly effective at building oral or listening comprehension skills

I think dutch sounds cute, not gross like german or Danish, or sexy like french or Italian. Cute

This is probably the first time I see anyone describing the Dutch sound as anything else than vomiting (and Danish).

I did the first lessen and Bokmål sounds like how my Swedish great grandma talked written with a weird orthagraphy

I dunno, it helps that every Dutch guy I've ever met was tall and cute/handsome

He's right. It sounds better than Swedish which is ugliest scandinavian (except skånska). It just sounds so manly

personally I'm of the opinion that Norwegian and Swedish are dialects of one language but most disagree

and bokmål is Danish
it was slightly modified 100 years ago to fit Norwegian a little better but in many cases the two are still indistinguishable

Danish would sound fine except for their accent and they have like 2 different sounds of choking

Danish sounds retarded not manly
poor Danes never invented the consonant

I mean she spoke English with a strange accent and would occasionally use a Swedish word by accident and you just kind of got used to it. The area in Eastern Washington has a weird accent and dialect with a lot of Swedish and Irish influence. It sounds weird idk how to describe it

wahaha chxixijaogh
tomato tomato

keep in mind if you take an actual japanese class (like in uni) it will be composed entirely of weebs
normies don't really associate japanese with anime though, they'll just be curious why you're learning the language and you can just make something up like "I like the culture"

Mandarin.

You'll get fucked big time trying to learn Russian. It's too complicated for the brains of those only exposed to English.

I took Jap talk in high school (it was that or sign language...) and the spoken language is regular and fairly sensible. But written Japanese is actually retarded. 2 alphabets and chinese, but each chinese character has like 3-6+ readings and you just have to fucking know them.

My mom learned Russian and says it was pretty hard, but she's a dumb American blonde

By manly I meant Swedish

Do you imply that the dumb blondes are the smartest species you have out there?

No, I'm saying my mom is ditsy and stupid and she managed to learn your harsh but interesting language.

yeah I'm in my 6th semester at college right now, it's a much tougher language than spanish or french but I enjoy it

My classes are always like 25 weebs, one half japanese person, and me (recovering weeb)

I had watched one non normie anime when I started because my weeb friend told me to. I was of two non-weebs who was white. There was a ton of Asians (of Various types and weeb levels) an uberWeeb nignog, and a a bunch of weeb whites, a slutty Arab chick, and me and other normal white dude

i love german and russian poets. its like reading wood and river elves.

i like french because it is sound of erotic an union.

i like greek because sometimes you need to know alcohol language

i like italian because its language of expression and lust explosions.

i like Spanish because it is a language of passion and hot summers

i like Norwegian/Danish/Swedish because it is a language of stone and ice trolls

i like mongolian because it is a sound of cold and wide steppe

i like scotish and kelt. it sounds of sea and small islands.

i like chinese because its not a language at all.

i like japanesse because it sounds close to german and fuck ups your mind.

i am sorry but i dont like english. its just a mixture of jew farts and poison you forced to speack.

i hate ukrainian/polackish because its language of traitors and pigs.

English is the language of the Sea, pirates, and conquerers. We stole peoples land, words, and women. Unfortunately our language sounds like Simplified Dutch/Norwegian cross with some French words no normal people use.

>English is the language of the Sea, pirates, and conquerers

exactly.. fucking parasites. so fuck them.

I wanna learn balkan,russian,and Germany

>balkan
あのうううう、 バルカン語ありませんね~。セルビア語のことですか

>stole
gtfo nigger

Norwegian is just as simplified as English.

>uses two stolen words in the sentence
>Calls me a nigger while using someone else's language
>lives in a rightfully anglo country
get out
It still has 3 genders

He is right you faggot.
Serbo-croatian is one language eventhough serbs use cyrilic alphabet while croates and bosnians using the roman alphabet.
It should actually be call

>language
>Pirates
>conquerer
>unfortunately
>sounds
>simplified
>normal

Are pretending that you are not a "normal" person?

>It still has 3 genders
depends on dialect, most Norwegians only use 2
but its verb conjugations are simpler than English, adjective conjugations too, etc.

both languages have significantly reduced their morphology to the point where the indo-European case system is gone entirely and verbs only take a handful of forms and I think it's hard to say one has simplified it more than the other

ごめんなさい!フランス語をはなしません。蛙が大きらいだね。
??? I literally don't know what you are trying to say. 蛙が大きらいだね。
fair enough, Icebro.

You forgot people and use

Oh I get what you mean. I just meant to say that most of our large french vocab is in technical or "fancy" sounding language that isn't used in common speech.

I want to unlearn my language.
C'est pourquoi j'apprends le français. Je sais, le pourrait ne pas être un bon premier choix, mais il faut commencer quelque part

Lernu Esperanton.

>i love german and russian poets. its like reading wood and river elves.
It sounds like fucking Klingon.

>We Germans are not a warlike people.

don't do that

What are the pros and cons of dutch?

youtu.be/o1eHKf-dMwo

his control of voice is pretty impressive

korean

English is the best language and the only one worth knowing.

t. Amerifat

Armenian is very unique language, once you learn it you can pronounce like every accent in every language + you can read and understand very old books and writings, like recently they found this:
asbarez.com/159714/alexander-the-great-last-will-discovered-in-armenian-manuscript/

>Armenian
Are you from Glendale?

>we wuz
You and your slave pets ruined the English language tbqh

Arabic, presuming you don't already speak it

pros
>can speak to Dutch people who in general tend to be pretty nice, relaxed and incredibly honest people
>can also speak to a minority of belgians but who wants to do that anyway
>will help you ingratiate yourself to locals, the Dutch tend to be very open to talking to you but it takes a lot of time for them to actively trust you and be your friend
>and again qt af girls (gf is dutch)

con
>probably the least useful language to learn in europe as Dutch English competency is the highest in the EU
>people will think you're an asshole when you pronounce Dutch things properly ie. Grolsch beer, Geert Wilders etc