This is so good

This is so good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WeRta0E5slc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now listen to Bill Evans entire discography

and obviously check out Fukui's other albums (they're all on YouTube)

He sure can play that piano desu

Will do. Thanks for the recommendations.

I find it uninteresting
I like crazy shit on my jazz

Such as what?

Why are jap box arts so aesthetic?

You know, "free" shit.

They look like comic books from the 80s

It's actually extremely average and bland

What are those sleeve things called? Why does Japan have them but no one else?

That's not a very good example

Obi strips. Because they're the kings of packaging. Often contain extra useful info for the japs (translated or katakana tracklist, suggested price, date of release etc.), and since they're meant to be disposable, used releases with obis are much more valuable.

Also some western releases from certain labels have obi strips too (Mondo, This Heat reissues, Data Discs etc.)

this one's particularly nice imo

What is a good jazz album then?

if piano trios are your thing

It's so comfy

Youtube Jazz is free.

kek

Listen to Bitches Brew
Listen to Headhunters
Listen to In a Silent Way
Listen to Moondog

those are my favorite jazz albums
they're mostly fusion so very different style but try those out

It's the same artist as OP's album

If you're the same guy, and enjoy Bill but not Ryo, then I odn't understand you.

Where do i start with Bill...?

Scenery is jazz for people that don't like jazz. Fukui's playing is almost akin to rock because it's so rigid and lifeless, which I guess is part of the appeal -- the fact that it doesn't sound like a jazz record.

I think this is insanely good for someone that hasn't been playing all of his life youtu.be/WeRta0E5slc

Just listen to the difference in the bass playing alone on those two albums. YUGE difference.

His playing is actually bluesy, with a ton of obstinattos, pentatonic phrasings and a good control of dynamics., the opposite of rigid and lifeless.
The only problem he has is that his vocabulary is overall pretty limited but that's it.

>obstinattos
>pentatonic phrasings

This should be its own thread. These look great.

Funny meme, but it reminds me of Ray Bryant, it's just not a particularly rare style, but saying it's not jazz it's the epitome of retardation.