The Front Bottoms soundalikes

I've been lonely lately, the only thing I've listened to in the past 6 days is this album, but I'm getting bored, what are other albums with this same feel and sound? I like the teenage sound and themes that make me feel like I'm 17 again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6uIsM7s6pY
youtube.com/watch?v=gykWYPrArbY
youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0SCsTCmcw
youtube.com/watch?v=qe6DE9BXWeY
youtube.com/watch?v=6r_yYdmstok
youtube.com/watch?v=AZ0MnZWyIos
youtube.com/watch?v=YKHqzYi8cN8
youtube.com/watch?v=8PRymK0tM80
brokenworldmedia.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-satan
music.humankitten.net/
monkeyboyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/beachboy
spookypoo.bandcamp.com/
okoclock.bandcamp.com/album/miller-lite-split
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally any other tumblr-core pop-punk or emo

Listen to their other albums, dood. Back on Top and Talon of the Hawk are both awesome.

All of these are their worst albums

Like? I guess you'll say neck deep and modern baseball, but I'm not really a big fan of either
I only like their first two albums, this one and like 3 songs from TOTH, back on top doesn't have the same feel, they changed a lot.

1) what is wrong with you, you're wrong 2) they are pop, and these albums are fun to listen to. That's the point. 3) Point out their better albums then, elitist. Like their EPs?

I Hate My Friends and My Grandma vs. Pneumonia are exponentially better than the rest of their albums. It isn't even a comparison, substantially better/more authentic songwriting all around.

Jeff Rosenstock "We Cool?"
Modern Baseball "You're Gonna Miss Us All"

Listen to I Hate My Friends by Front Bottoms and Talon of the Hawk.

Also, since nobody's listed other bands yet, try Tigers Jaw's self titled, Modern Baseball, and you might like Pup and Jeff Rosenstock

Modern Baseball, Tiger Jaw and Neck Deep are nothing like The Frontbottoms

Who's Neck Deep? And what would you recommend to him?

AJJ for the folky sound, early Modest Mouse I think was a big influence on them with the way they play the songs. Also try Teen Suicide and the Mountain Goats.

If you haven't heard their Rose EP it's much better than their s/t

DESU I have never found anything that I would consider to be like the front bottoms, they are very unique in a lot of ways, that is part of the reason that they are my favourite band ever. The only thing I can suggest to him is their other works such as. Talon of the hawk, Rose ep, My grandmother vs pneumonia, I hate my friends, Back on top and brothers cant be friends. Other then that you are stuck.

As for Neck deep, they are pretty much just a generic pop punk band, they are nothing like the front bottoms. they are way more thrashy and aggressive and lack any acoustic elements and never really calm down in their songs. Plus the way that neck deep structure their songs is pretty standard while Front bottoms have a flow of thought thing going on.

Here is a neck deep song:
youtube.com/watch?v=d6uIsM7s6pY

If you have listened to any front bottoms record you can hear the distinct difference in sound. Even back on top, which is the post pop punky front bottoms album of theirs sounds nothing like Neck deep

This guy gets it, I think the you can name bands that are similar for certain elements, but nothing that is like the full picture.

I can suggest you some of their best non-st songs if you would like?

Brand New - The Devil and God
The Hotelier - Home Like NoPlace Is There
Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
Modern Baseball - Sports
The Smith Street Band - Throw Me in the River

feel better, user

Thanks for the recs guys, will check them all out, too lazy to reply to posts individually but whatever, here's a doggo

if you want an actual sound a like , some mountain goats songs,
ie. i used to think tfb were a mountain goats rip off lmao

off top of my head, SALES is also kinda in the same type of vibe, summer after high school type of flashbacks : youtube.com/watch?v=gykWYPrArbY
they put out a new LP recently that was alright, if you like that song check out 'renee' by them

also if you want, check out some folk punk

this entire album is good ; youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0SCsTCmcw

this song by the mountain goats :
youtube.com/watch?v=qe6DE9BXWeY

youtube.com/watch?v=6r_yYdmstok

youtube.com/watch?v=AZ0MnZWyIos

this, those bands are not even close to the tfb sound, i mean their new sound is a lot more mainstream friendly, but no where near that underground pop punk scene

honestly though, the kids in the pop punk scene tend to like shit like tfb though

neck deep is like a generic upbeat pop punk band, check out lime street youtube.com/watch?v=YKHqzYi8cN8
or an older song youtube.com/watch?v=8PRymK0tM80

tigers jaw is more on the emo side of pop punk ,their self titled is really good, one of my favorites

modern baseball is like beta 'my girlfriend broke up with me and i'm a loser but at least i have my friends and alcohol' type of bands lmao
not saying that they're bad though, they're a lot of fun live although last time i saw them they called me out for crowdsurfing

Listen to Dollar signs on bandcamp, theyre cool

brokenworldmedia.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-satan

the vocals in this record kinda have that TFB vibe

Talon of the Hawk is fucking amazing.

Try 99% of other pop punk

Always have and always will love Pat.

21 pilots
grimes
melanie martinez
fall out boy

rose ep is objectively their best work

music.humankitten.net/

Exactly like the front bottoms with the same sappy bullshit

Joyce Manor

They're okay, definitely not as good as TFB. At least I know I can make an album now no matter how much I suck.

mcafferty apologetically rip off tfb so check them out, start with deadbird

i dig

That's just the shit that comes up on Pandora and Youtube.

TFB is pretty hard to match; they're very idiosyncratic.

Also, what the fuck is this awful garbage? This is the worst.

the front bottoms played at my house once

Like on someone's phone?

>C'MON CHELSEA SPEAK A LITTLE FRENCH TO ME

>last time i saw them they called me out for crowdsurfing
You should have called them out for being faggots

americ
anfootball

What's wrong with hotel books, user? They're EPs are more of where it's at.

>crowdsurfing
You must be 18 years or older to post on Sup Forums

Here are a few bands that sound similar to tfb

monkeyboyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/beachboy

spookypoo.bandcamp.com/

okoclock.bandcamp.com/album/miller-lite-split

Can't be live no ones posted mcgafferty

Used to think they were a joke band, but they're actually getting bigger now that TFB is making waves

They are a clone band, I wouldn't recommend them but.. you asked

You should check out these guys though

>Castevet
>Snowing
>Algernon Cadwallader
>Teeth of Mammals
>Brave Bird
>Hotelier
>There will be fireworks

literally two people have posted mccafferty

The Front Bottoms albums best to worst:

1. Self-Titled
2. Grandma Vs. Pneumonia
3. I Hate My Friends
4. Brothers Can't be Friends
5. Talon of the Hawks
6. Back on Top

I'm up for debate with any of these listings but self-titled is their best and I don't think its ever going to be topped.