That's okay if you don't recognize Section.80 as Kendrick's best album! [spoiler]You're just wrong[/spoiler]

That's okay if you don't recognize Section.80 as Kendrick's best album! [spoiler]You're just wrong[/spoiler]

>implying his best album isn't Y.H.N.I.C
gain taste pleb

Pretty close to GKMC
Both are way better than TPAB though

>Both are way better than TPAB though
Might I ask why, kind sir?

cause TPAB is all over the place in a bad way
and that song he goes 'boo boo' every chorus makes me want to break the disc to be honest

i don't wanna sound like a contrarian or anything but I've been enjoying untitled the most

>and that song he goes 'boo boo' every chorus makes me want to break the disc to be honest
Now THAT we can agree on 200%
Hood Politics is by far the worst shit he ever made.

I think people dislike it because it's a hard listen the old school jazz and modern rapping leaves a confusing and difficult effect if it's not your thing it's not your thing and that's ok

I love section 80 but good kid mad city was more thematically connected and TPAB is a masterpiece

GKMC is fantastic and flows much better as a complete album than Section.80, but S80 has more of my favorite songs.

TPAB is more of an art piece that I come back to appreciate every now and then, aside from a few songs like Institutionalized and Blacker the Berry that I throw on all the time.

untitled is almost a perfect EP, if only Cee Lo would bring his cancer elsewhere

i disagree the music video for backseat freestyle is worse

>sherane in that vid

muh immersion

>the music video for backseat freestyle is worse
Well I wasn't talking about the music videos.
Either way I thought the song was hilarious.

was referring to releasing it as a single
+1

Hey I liked cee lo on it

>was referring to releasing it as a single
Oh, yeah I can see why releasing it as a single could be seen as a bad idea.

THE HEAD STILL GOOD DOE

Head is the answer

Lol, so not even close to his best album. Section.80 is barely even a good album.

Original person you responded to here
What this guy said pretty much. I like both the production and rapping but when they're mixed it just isn't as good

Poe Man's Dreams, Ab-Soul's Outro, and Blow My High are better than most of Kendrick's songs desu

I really disagree. It's also interesting that those aren't even my favorite songs on Section.80

I'm not gonna try to dissuade you though, it's cool that someone likes this album that much when to me it's a real afterthought

Those songs are some of the best representations of Kendrick's entire style though.

>See a lot of y'all don't understand Kendrick Lamar
because you wonder how I could talk about money, hoes, clothes, God and history
all in the same sentence
You know what all them things have in common?
Only half of the truth if you tell it
See I spent twenty-three years on this earth searching for answers
till one day I realised I had to come up with my own
I'm not on the outside looking in, I'm not on inside looking out
I'm in the dead fucking centre looking around
You ever seen a newborn baby kill a grown man?
That's an analogy for the way the world make me react
My innocence been dead
So the next time I talk about money, hoes, clothes, God and history
all in the same sentence
just know I meant it, and you felt it
cause you too are searching for answers
I'm not the next pop star, I'm not the next socially aware rapper
I am a human motherfucking being over dope ass instrumentation
Kendrick Lamar

What do you come to Kendrick for if not for bars and philosophy like that?

That's good, but just off the top of my head Sing About Me, For Free, and Money Trees are way better lyrically and in general he's somewhat better lyrically and over way better production in his later albums.

for free exemplifies what Kendrick's all about

Also the duds on Section.80 range from bad to legitimately awful, and the worst songs on his later albums are just meh