Music from actual Cults

Looking to expand my collection of music from cults, fringe religious groups and other such organizations/individuals. Here's what I've got, hope you enjoy this stuff. Its weird.

Church Universal and Triumphant/ Elizabeth Claire Prophet (pic related): there is a TON of this stuff on youtube.
youtu.be/Y6LqZOfnngg

People's Temple Choir: This is the infamous Jonestown cult, led by Jim Jones, who moved to Guyana, murdered a congressmen and committed mass suicide by poisoned kool-aid.
youtu.be/sVdAgfLxCus?list=PLF47145DB14320567

Charles Manson- The Family Jams. I'm assuming most of you guys have heard this stuff. He also has lots of solo work.
youtu.be/NAHsYjJJpM0?list=PLBEF308CEACEEEA7A

Polyphonic Spree: Might be a cult, maybe. They dress like a cult anyway.
youtu.be/SG_wW7IxCOw

Insane Clown Posse: the FBI says its a gang anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvemCHFLusU
youtube.com/watch?v=V_s-kF3vMWc
youtu.be/lQo2PNnwOww
youtube.com/watch?v=ncdvz6IdwPU
youtube.com/watch?v=qP4ZxoaDMwU
youtube.com/watch?v=I5nCuDIsFms
youtube.com/watch?v=8q-yKr2anD0
youtube.com/watch?v=GIOZw2l2vj0
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Szif7JUa4
youtube.com/watch?v=N1hlBaSDu_8
youtube.com/watch?v=C6ms7YTCh10
youtube.com/watch?v=2jg5RXSZiU8
youtube.com/watch?v=8Wu4H-d_kAI
youtube.com/watch?v=HVGVZcq63Io
youtube.com/watch?v=IVnscHsPfR4
youtube.com/watch?v=lHtCUMKerlI
youtube.com/watch?v=vQ7uz8EYMYo
youtube.com/watch?v=73gLkuXywAw
youtube.com/watch?v=jzMn10Wjm4o
youtube.com/watch?v=yDbaRBEAxwU
youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZBT4Rdly4
youtube.com/watch?v=kp0lLMjDiM8
youtube.com/watch?v=6cQAyjp4q10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thought I recognized that first track from somewhere.
youtube.com/watch?v=cvemCHFLusU

Also, not music, but have you heard the Jonestown tape? Probably the most unnerving thing I've ever heard.
youtube.com/watch?v=V_s-kF3vMWc

I had not heard either of these, thanks! I like Body Empty Hearth, I mean it wouldn't be much without the CU&T sample, but it's still a really nice use of sampling.

And I'd certainly welcome more "not"-music, such as audio recordings or video of cults.

hate to self bump, but I thought of one more recording

Moreschi, the last Castrato. A tradition in certain parts of catholic europe where boys would be castrated to preserve their soprano voice. The practice fell into public distaste and the pope banned the practice, offering all castratos to join the Sistine Chapel Choir and live out their life in peace in Vatican City.

youtu.be/lQo2PNnwOww

From L. Ron Hubbard & Friends

youtube.com/watch?v=ncdvz6IdwPU

youtube.com/watch?v=qP4ZxoaDMwU

hell yeah, listening to this now, thanks

Cool thread OP.

Here's one of my favorites, Chants from the Order of Nine Angles, one of the select few Satanic cults that legitimately condone human sacrifice, culling of innocents, and regularly practice animal sacrifice
youtube.com/watch?v=I5nCuDIsFms

No problems, dude. Enjoy the Travolta crooning

omfg, this scientology music is fucking insane.
I will definitely give this a listen

also that pop group in the 90s

youtube.com/watch?v=8q-yKr2anD0

You may want to check out some of Daesh's nasheeds. Might get you on a watchlist tho

youtube.com/watch?v=GIOZw2l2vj0

OP, you'll want to get a copy of the book Acid Archives, a guide to rare private press records.

It lists a number of records made by genuine cults from the 60s, 70s, 80s. Jesus communes, New Age, etc.

I can't be bothered to dig up the book, wherever I have it stored, right now, and can't recall the names of these groups, but I have all that stuff written down somewhere.

To get you started, obviously check out Ya Ho Wa 13, the band started by LA cult leader Father Yod of the Source Family.

This is scary shit user

fuck yeah guys, this is all great stuff. Very cool info and links, gonna try the satanic stuff next

Also, you REALLY need to see this doc:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Szif7JUa4
youtube.com/watch?v=N1hlBaSDu_8

Not to be confused with this one, which might be of interest too but still you need to see that other one. youtube.com/watch?v=C6ms7YTCh10

You also might want to find Aliens from Spaceship Earth if you can (kind of where New Age hippie meets ayylmao stuff):
youtube.com/watch?v=2jg5RXSZiU8
You also might be interested in the Rainbow Family, which isn't a cult but kind of an umbrella movement where all the various hippie communes, cults, New Age groups, Jesus freaks, deadheads, have been congregating ever since 1972 in National Parks. I used to go to these gatherings and encountered countless cults: youtube.com/watch?v=8Wu4H-d_kAI
If you dig through the Rainbow Family culture you'll find countless currently active cults. Just be careful, the whole Rainbow / off the grid world swallows you up and basically made me unable to to adjust to the normal world for about a decade.

Also have to give a mention to Unarius, another alien cult from California that was led by this campy old lady medium who claimed to be some alien being or something. They made some awesomely fucked up, trippy new age recruitment films: youtube.com/watch?v=HVGVZcq63Io

Don't know if it counts as a cult but these guys as well as Black Widow were completely genuine Satanists.

there's even an entire black mass on the B side

Also, gotta give a shout out to murderous Japanese Aum Shinrikyo (Supreme Truth) cult led by a blind man that had up to 9000 members and did a gas attack on a Tokyo subway

youtube.com/watch?v=IVnscHsPfR4 (cult anime!)
youtube.com/watch?v=lHtCUMKerlI
youtube.com/watch?v=vQ7uz8EYMYo
youtube.com/watch?v=73gLkuXywAw

cults you say?

Also.... ALSO.... gotta mention Braco. Not a cult leader, exactly, but one of the many characters in the New Age scene whose thing is 'gazing' in a way that supposedly heals or something:

youtube.com/watch?v=jzMn10Wjm4o

The COS is and was more of an ironic parody religion than a cult, but their music was pretty cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=yDbaRBEAxwU

The later work of the band Coil counts. Their member William Breeze has quite the status, from Wikipedia:

>William Breeze(born August 12, 1955) is an American musician andoccultist, a member of the bandCoil, and the current international leader ofOrdo Templi Orientis. Under the nameHymenaeus Betahe is a leading editor of the occult works of English authorAleister Crowley, the founder of the philosophy and religion ofThelema.

Wow copy n paste fucked up the formatting. You guys get the point tho

Wow this is lit, a lot less satanic than I was expecting. Too bad the quality of the recording is shitty

If they're so satanic, why do they model the aesthetic completely on Catholic chant aesthetics? "Satanists" are the most pathetic "occultists".

Do Sun Ra and Shadilay count?

This stupid song is so dang catchy
youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZBT4Rdly4

Someone was listening to the Jesus and Mary Chain. the beginning of the first track sounds exactly like Just Like Honey.,

Sun Ra is spiritual, but not exactly a cult, or maybe you could say loosely one, in the way the Grateful Dead were kind of a loose cult (in that you could be very very into it and get a mystical experience from it, but there wasn't exactly a controlled structure or formal initiation, although one does undergo a kind of initiation of 'getting it'. Raves would probably count too.

Shadilay certainly wasn't intended or made as a part of anything resembling a cultic hivemind or dynamic. Italo Disco was just goofy dance pop. That a certain strain within a strain of an internet hivemind has adopted it makes it into a kind of appropriated totem but the whole kek thing is too loose and obviously compromised and forced to count (anyone thinking all that dubs shit has anything to do with the way magic works is an ill-informed tool).

MOAR

youtube.com/watch?v=kp0lLMjDiM8
more Anton Lavey

>"Satanists" are the most pathetic "occultists".
True. Satanism can be seen as either Christianity with all conceptions of personal responsibility removed, or atheism with all sense of rationalism removed. It's an ideology reserved exclusively for manchildren too contrarian for major religion but too emotionally/intellectually stunted for atheism. Its fitting their entire ethos is ethical egoism, the ethical philosophy on the same plane of stunted development as Satanism.

O9A is the only major vein of Satanism that actually walks the walk, and that's more from them being primarily bikers rather than Satanists.

I'm a little surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=6cQAyjp4q10

Deserves a bump.