Which is a better first wave punk band, the Ramones, Sex Pistols or the Clash?

Which is a better first wave punk band, the Ramones, Sex Pistols or the Clash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1m6hAw1rPGc
youtube.com/watch?v=DZAjyKH_Ryg
youtube.com/watch?v=PkcDFl-Db5M
youtube.com/watch?v=haVaaDLwWvI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Clash by far.

How about they're all shit and don't represent first wave punk at all?

Ramones by far

so what does represent first wave punk?

The Ramones. The Clash were a better cover band than songwriters and the Pistols are just a meme.

Proto-punk like the Stooges isn't first wave punk, it came before punk entirely...

youtube.com/watch?v=1m6hAw1rPGc

Ramones. The Clash were big hit or miss, Sex Pistols only had one album.

The Ramones are fucking boring. Seriously, it's pop punk before punk even existed

What the fuck are you talking about? Nobody mentioned The Stooges.

This is like Cock Sparrer but not as good.

The Jam>>>>>The Clash

This. The Jam, The Boys, and Buzzcocks were better than any other 70s punk band.

You know nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=DZAjyKH_Ryg

Good first wave punk youtube.com/watch?v=PkcDFl-Db5M

>Ramones
Literally invent the genre and save rock from progarbage. First 4 albums are great
>Clash
Only the first two albums are punk. London Calling is their best album but isn't punk
>Sex Pistols
Meme

You kids are stupid and pathetic. One of the most influential albums of all time that shook up the entire music industry and British society in general. That's punk.

FPBP

This. But I like a few Sex Pistols songs.

>Prog
>Garbage
I mean, sure, ELP'S attempts at becoming commercial, we all know how that turned out. Not to mention Yes. But surely technically inept punk bands saved rock from anything. That made music so much better, didn't it?

I agree. Some great songs and it might be a meme now but if you cant actually realise its influence then you are seriously jaded

The Saints

Threadly reminder punk rock was invented in 1964 PerĂº

Johnny Rottens vocal performance on NMTB is more entertaining than any of the singing on any Ramones or Clash record

Post link please

So what the fuck is London Calling then?

Los Saicos don't count faggot

This. People only listen the stories about then, and don't realize how amazing this is. If this wasn't released half of your precious indie albums wouldn't exist.

Alternative rock with ska, rock and roll, dub and other influences. It isn't punk. There are more than 3 chords.

Post-punk/New Wave

This is true
>The most popular punk album ever isn't punk at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=haVaaDLwWvI
How do they not count?

Ramones are just dress-down-friday glam rock.

>tfw when you are a left-wing mother fucker with the only exception when it comes to south americans and chicanos because you hate those mofos so much that you'd justify a genocide and your favorite genere is a derivate genere invented by beaners

Ajajaj thats what you get for being a faggot. And worse of all its created by PeruANOs.
Lmao enjoy your peruvian music kid

It's not.

It was supposed to kill the Rock and Roll genre

No but really, listen to The Clash's s/t and then London Calling, the drift from punk to post-punk is very noticeable

Hey, London Calling isn't even my favorite. Sandinista has more diversity and vibrancy.

Sounds more like surf rock, but I see where you're coming from. Weren't there American artists doing a similar thing at a similar time? What's that stupid Bird Is The Word song?

no it wasn't

Because it's not punk rock. They only retroactively gained that title because people have an undying urge to label things earlier and earlier in time as punk.

Sex Pistols were a band put together by an edgy sex shop owner to make money.

The Clash are punk for people who don't like punk.

The Ramones, while simple and poppy, didn't set out to be edgy. They felt rock was becoming too artsy and inaccessible, and brought the indulgent school of progressive virtuosic rock down a notch, by saying "we don't need to be that far up our own asses to write music."

As far as I'm concerned, The Ramones and The Sex Pistols saved rock from the practice of mentally jacking off all over an electric piano.

THIS

CRASS > all those.

I will admit "Never Mind the Bollocks" is a fun album, though.

Punk killed beautiful music, it's all been ugly since then.

I was with you and then you threw in that bullshit second statement.

True. Neither The Clash or even The Ramones had near the cultural impact of the Sex Pistols