What makes the region where you live special or different from the rest of your country...

What makes the region where you live special or different from the rest of your country? What is the stereotype the rest of the country has of people from your region?

I live in northwestern Argentina, which is the part that received the least European immigration. Most people here is either of pure old Spanish blood, or mixed with Amerindians(Mestizos). There are a lot of Arabs too, don't know why. Maybe they liked it because it's warm and there are some deserts here. Still, it's one of the poorest areas of the country, only surpassed by northeastern Argentina(Chaco and Formosa mostly). The rest of the country thinks of us as dirty thieves who immigrate to Buenos Aires and become motochorros.

>What makes the region where you live special or different from the rest of your country?
Its civilised
>What is the stereotype the rest of the country has of people from your region?
They are just jealous

>Midwest
It's not retarded like the South
It's not gay like the Northeast
It's white unlike the West

You need to further split the west in that map between North West and South West.

I'm from SoCal. South West has a lot of Mexican influence in architecture and food. Texas is weird state because you can split it between South West and the South.

Mid west are stereotyped as out of touch farmers, North west as rainy grunge people, and the South as uneducated rednecks.

We don't really think about New England at all, it's too far away from us.

Of course even though South-West has lots of cultural similarities politically it's very varied, and the same goes for the other regions.

So what about Northeastern USA? The Yanks and shiet

Mississippian here.

There's not much going for this place. It doesn't get very cold down here. It rains a lot and the forests are lush and thick. A lot of the state is rural - even the coast, where I live, isn't that populated at all. Median income is pretty low compared to the rest of the U.S. and it's not uncommon to find people scraping by. We're pretty much the laughing stock of the U.S. and it's been that way for so long that most people here just ignore it, good or bad I don't really know.

It's like my province then

Jujuy?

Tucumán. Well Jujuy is even worse I guess

If Jujuy is worse than Tucuman, than your province is really more like Alabama. Mississippi is downright the worst state in the south. I forgot to mention that pretty much the entire northwest is racist and hurricanes and tornados are fairly common down here as well.

rainy
depressive
seafood
people answer questions with another question
cocaine

Really? I always thought the Northwest was the most liberal of all places in USA. I guess liberals can be racist too

Where are you? Galicia? Basque Country?

It's a mexican colony where beaners don't assimilate.

pls nuke

>what makes it different
It's not retarded (quesadillas have cheese you fucktards)
>what is the stereotype
They think we all live in ranches and have an accent that makes us sound like we're singing.

That's New England

On the coast, Rural parts are very conservative. Goes for pretty much everywhere but it's particularly pronounced there.

Yeah right? But NY is part of that place too, and I guess you must know someone from NY.

New York is part of New England no matter how much people bitch they aren't. To us their differences are very minimal.

In fact Washington DC used to be the south and that's why it was built there as a compromise when the country became independent, but nowadays it's more like New England than it is southern.

I live in the North region (green one on the map). It is the biggest one, while also being the least populated and the second poorest. I guess the defining thing about it is the Amazon Rainforest taking up the whole space. Phisically, the northern people are the ones that look the most like native americans and the least like europeans.

Southerners are stereotyped as blond separatist faggots, Northeast as the poor people that migrate to the rest of the country, Southeast gets to be the "standart" culture that TV broadcasts to the rest, and I guess no one cares about Center-West anyway, it's just a bunch of big farms.

Surprising, I'd imagine the Amazon river especially at the mouth would be ripe for industrialization.

>Medellin
>What makes the region where you live special or different from the rest of your country?
Most developed city in the country, our accent which is unique in all Latin America, the only city with a metro system in the country, a lot of basque heritage, highest white admixture in the country, home of Pablo Escobar, beautiful girls, a lot of prostitutes, a lot of rain

>What is the stereotype the rest of the country has of people from your region?
That we are sicarios and narcos (which is funny since now we are one of the safest big cities of the country), that our girls are whores and that we are very selfish and arrogant

I don't know what to say about that t b h. Of course, the coast is the most developed part of the country, so it'd only be logical that the mouth of the Amazon would be the most industrialized part of the region.

But then, it's Manaus, pretty far from the coast, and that's due to both the failure of Belem to develop properly and some incentives given to Manaus in the 70/80s.

Do you live close to the Venezuelan/Guyanas border?

Mainlanders (AKA "Cucklanders") are homosexuals who are physically very weak and love immigrants.

Tasmanians are strong, white people.

>beautiful girls
What about the men? Are they attractive as well?

my map of regions is better
speaking of which i should start spamming those threads again

this

I don't really know, but i guess not too much

For some reason, I've seen quite a few people romanticise Alaska as one of the "best" parts of the country for some reason, otherwise we're just that forgotten state. I guess it's a nice place to live if you're looking to retire or you're a fugitive on the run.

Because it's the closest thing left resembling the romanticized "frontier" that embodied the "real" America to people.

No one lives anywhere other than Perth, which is one of the most isolated cities in the world. It's closer to Jakarta than Sydney and Melbourne. Since it's also one of the smaller cities compared to those in the eastern states (the population is just under 2 million) everyone tends to forget we exist.

Soil is virtually non existent here and everything is literally built on sand, so other Australians call us sandgropers. It's also one of the hotter capital cities and fucking windy in summer, but that saves us from the humidity you'd get in places like Brisbane. I think it's something like the third windiest city in the southern hemisphere.

There's a shitload of gold, coal and iron up north and in Kalgoorlie which drove the Australian economy for a while, but the boom ended and the economy is going to go through a pretty shit couple of years.

Western Australians also tend to dislike Australians from other states, particularly New South Wales and Victoria for a whole lot of economic, political and historical reasons. WA actually voted in favour of leaving Australia and forming a new nation in the 30s, but the federal government refused to let it go through.

It's a fairly laid back place, even by Australian standards. We also get a lot of white South Africans here since Perth is pretty much a smaller Cape Town in a lot of ways. Apparently any afrikaner leaving South Africa is said to be "packing for Perth". The wog problem in the eastern states isn't really that bad here either, most wogs assimilated and lebs are non-existent.

pic related

vaquero culture
"white" mexicans
people think we are rude because of our accent

>commiefornia
its full pls leave

Uh, not that much. I live in Manaus. Venezuela is still closer than most other brazilian states, tho. Especially since the roads to Venezuela are way better than the roads to Brasilia or Rio or Bahia because they actually exist.

Tbh I have grandparents or great grandparents from every place but the east
Go any further east than húsavík and you might as well go to norway

I want one day to see my province become a wonderful place, still a long way to go

Monterrey?

>Pacific Northwest

It's one of the nicest parts of the country, it has a lot of outdoor shit to do with beautiful countryside on both sides of the Cascades as well as some really nice cities like Seattle and Portland, also it's very white.

Born and bred Yorkshire, which is in the North of England.
Genetically, we're different from not only the rest of the UK, but also England itself. Whereas R1b is the most common Y chromosome lineage across the rest of England, L1 is in fact the dominant lineage in Yorkshire. This is due in no small part to the massive Scandinavian settlement of the area; York (Jórvík) itself was the seat of the Norse rule in England.
Historically, we once held the capital of entire country (York), belonged to the viking North Sea Empire, and have been at the center of many important events; War of the Roses, Pilgrimage of Grace, Yorkshire Rebellion, Battle of Stamford Bridge, etc.
In the modern age, the West Riding became the second most important industrial area in the country, but suffered harshly, like many places in the North, when the industry was privatised and subsequently outsourced.

We talk a little funny due to the Old Norse influence on our dialect, and we're a very proud bunch, but we're often seen as the friendliest of all the English peoples, and there's a reason they call our land God's Own Country.

>Albany is New England
What? I doubt they would agree with this.

Ura ke pingo asi shitpoteando aki?

>London

We're simultaneously the best and the worst at everything and anything. Also everyone else hates us.

Alaska. Best state, and we know it.

Are you a nig?

Lower-Douro or Porto District + North of Aveiro (excluding that city)

Were essentially a Minho but one that is connected to the sea, foreign trade and the rest of the world. You couldn't always separate us from the Minho historically but they have remained a true bastion of northern culture but very closed to anything from the outside while we were at the center of interactions and trade with northern europe during the cunt's history.

They are also blonder but not more blue eyed and speak a slightly different version of our dialect.

We get to claim the only STEM Nobel Portugal has won.

Midwest white and not 50% black?

Moscow.
One of few places in Russia where you can life a high-quality life so that's pretty comfy.
The rest of the country views us as several snobbish and rude Russians in sea of sandniggaz (pretty true actually lol)

Too much focus on south, Midwest, and East.

The west is really the only decent part of the USA

Tucumán is white.

Delusion is strong in the west

Literally only Illinois and Detroit have less then 85%+ whites there.

> sea of sandniggaz (pretty true actually lol)
It's getting better recently or is it my imagination?

It's white, it has the best quality of life, the best women, and the culture is more european and very similar to that of Argentina and Uruguay.

Our stereotype is that we are a bunch of separatist, racist, homosexuals.

that's cause it belongs to us.

I afraid it's in imagination eh

New York is not a part of New England. It's more of another cultural capital that Boston and the states it influences(pretty much all New England states) likes to have rivalries against because it's also another cultural capital.

I wish I was yours.

Sounds like Galicia to me. Are the pale cuties worth moving there?

Yep it's probably because I don't leave my apartment last few years.

Dying of envy
I have to leave my comfy room in an hour

Colombia, let me dream a little bit. It's already really rough being brazilian.

I am from Moscow and most of Russia hates us. Stereotypes:
1) Rich
2) Gay
3) Westernized
4) Exploiting the rest of Russia
And majority of people here don't really like people from regions considering them to be uncivilized peasants.
From stereotypes, only 1 and 4 are true. 1st is only partially true, because despite salaries are higher here, prices are very high too. But we are way more safe and have a better infrastructure. 4 is totally true, Moscow is the only place in Russia where decisions are made, all the political power is here. It's almost the only place in Russia which is developing while rest of the country is in shit, we already have 10% of population in Moscow.

Hi from Moscow.

> rich
check
> gay
check
> westernized, posting on 4ch
check
> exploiting rural bydlo
check

>Moscow is the only place in Russia where decisions are made, all the political power is here. It's almost the only place in Russia which is developing while rest of the country is in shit, we already have 10% of population in Moscow.
Does this mean that St. Petersburg has no political power, despite being a large city? Is it also falling behind Moscow's development? I know nothing about Russian internal politics/economics.

Petersburg might be a cultural center of Russia, but everything important related to politics/economics happens in the Duma and the Kremlin.

Cairo here

This is the largest city and the capital. Also largest population density.

What is the stereotype the rest of the country has of people from your region?

All governates consider Cairo-lites sissy boys because they aren't as developed. Joke's on them though, infrastructure is shit here too.

Actually Caucasians were a thing in 90s. In 00s we had many Asians (they are way better than Caucasians and have qt girls) and now pretty no one is moving to Russia anymore. In 00s our salaries were like x10 of Uzbekistan and now it's only x2. As someone on int said, the only way to diminish immigration to your country is become a shit country and we successfully managed to do it.

It's livable.

It's filled with asians, not apologetic white people.

>delusion

You really should start spamming those threads again
If the 'southern rim' region didn't include so much of Oklahoma I'd say just call it Ozarks

>Texas is weird state because you can split it between South West and the South.

You can split Texas up into 5 different regions:P Coastal Plains, Hill Country, Piney Woods. Panhandle, and the West.
Fuck with Texas if you aren't from Texas, and we'll kick your ass.

>Hicks
>Hicks
>Hicks
>Hicks
>Mexicans

Wow, what a fascinating state

sonora, this guy might be from monterrey, the fact that he sings like a faggot when speaking gives it away

>barren unusable land with only one kind of the ugliest category of tree

>>Moscow is the only place in Russia where decisions are made, all the political power is here. It's almost the only place in Russia which is developing while rest of the country is in shit, we already have 10% of population in Moscow.
You sound just like the fucking Jews in Washington DC.

Out out out

>>In 00s our salaries were like x10 of Uzbekistan and now it's only x2.
Ha-hahaha! Salaries in Uzbekistan are shit! If you can't do better than that, you suck!

by northwest, I meant northwest Mississippi. It's the delta region, and while pretty much all of mississippi hates any race that isn't theirs, it's so much more noticeable in the backwoods. The delta is really the anus of the anus of America.

No, I'm a spic that more identifies with New Mexico.

Your mother was a nigger.

You have no idea how decentralized USA is compared to Russia. Half of your laws are state laws which is impossible in Russia. You also have NY and LA while Russia has only Moscow and Leningrad.

>Don't like mountains
Opinion discarded

*you're

the west needs to stop its pr campaign
you all are shooting yourself in the foot. everyone piles into your region and it's going to look like the east coast lmao

We are shit country mate. Average salary in Russia is 200-300$, in Moscow it's 400-500$, in other big cities it's 300-400. I get 600$ as an engineer in Moscow and it's above average here.

I keep saying this.

We need to start a meme the west is terrible and filled with crime.

>*you're
You're = you are.
My post stands

This, living in the plain as the most of Russia is shit. Forest and steppes everywhere, that's all the landscape.

And fucking swamps everywhere. All our creepy stories are about some shit in marshes and forests.

The harsh winters keeps the Cali kids, Estevan and Mohammed out

You must be kidding. I was in Tashkent back in '03. Beautiful city, but the people. were poor as fuck where an apartment could be purchased for $500US. It's hard to believe that you haven't progressed beyond that.
On the other hand, it may be to your advantage. You haven't been crippled by staggering inflation.

I mean, you don't have to even lie about the cons.

It's way too expensive on the coast to live, and it's laughable when foreigners aim for it. It's filled with homeless people. The traffic is awful around the cities. Living in the countryside is like living in West Virginia. It's not even the whitest region, that distinction goes to the Rockies/Interior west, appalachia, and northern new england.

"harsh"
come over here to the northeast.
unless you're in the eastern half of course, then I can't really talk shit

I'm in The inland North west, i get about as much snow as Buffalo NY

The South
>dumb
>fat
>racist
>redneck
>"y'all"

Florida
>old
>crazy
>hispanic
>"you guys"

Nice, where at?
I'd say the inland northwest is the real shit. The west half is way over-memed by people taking fucking nature pics + portlandia.

>you are
*you're

Those aren't mountains, they're hindrances. Real mountains have age and dignity to them. They don't need to be edgy to hold their charm.

>New York is part of New England.

This is objectively wrong. There are 6 states in New England, none of them are New York. NYC is culturally its own entity, upstate New York is more like the Midwest.

>>Anonymous 02/05/17(Sun)23:42:15 No.70861750 ▶
>>
>> Your mother was a nigger.
Damn boy, are you stupid, or5 what?