Olympique de Marseille will be sold to Frank MacCourt, former L.A Dodgers ower, good news ?

Olympique de Marseille will be sold to Frank MacCourt, former L.A Dodgers ower, good news ?

sorry man i cant think after seen that ugly mess of a construction

There isn't a single good American owner in football

The giant letters ruin it but overall the velodrome is great

he's known for being the worst owner in dodgers history and one of the worst in baseball history. just an all around shitty guy. i would be very surprised if his time in charge of marseille is successful.

isn't it a pretty big club? couldn't they find another potentially interested buyer? it's not like a 4th division club in laos or something it's marseille.

Looks like he had the strongest offer, probably the best project as well... Just hope they will do that right, can't wait finally rivalise with Paris, Monaco and Lyon again, the past few years been terrible for the club, except the Bielsa year, basically passed from 400 million budget to 120 in 6 years..

Marseille is in very bad shape now, all the ligue 1 have a very bad level beside of PSG, Lyon, Nice and Monaco.

there was a thread early in the morning but like He is terrible

>majority of merchandise. hats specifically, wasn't being sold for months
>majority of the menu weren't being served for weeks
>never showed up for a game outside the post season
>actually allowed other networks to bid for vin scully
overall he was terrible and I hope he fails over in france as well

oh and one last thing

he is extremely passive as a owner so if the team is in financial trouble expect him to throw some underpaid staff members at the problem until someone decides to buy it

>tfw he's going to replace Tom Hicks as the worst American owner ever

Wew lad. All we need now is for James Dolan needs to buy Inter.

those frenchies are fucked

t. fan of the last team mccourt owned

>those frenchies are fucked

ahah, no, trick on you, it's the guy who is fucked

Marseille is an utterly and eternally unmanageable permshitstorm riddled with fraud, corruption, mafia and massive political and fans interventions and meddling that disrupt everything. It sucks infinite amounts of monies and only generates debts, deficits and problems. He'll never be able to make money out of it (except if he find someone even more retarded to buy it back).

And if he lets it to rot to relegation to not loose money, the local mafia and fans will most likely machinegun him (and burn the city to go along, but that would probably improve it, in fact).

>Frank MacCourt
>good news
he ran the doyers into bankruptcy and caused a fan boycott. Have fun I guess

Anything will be better than now. Marseille is currently in the worst shape I've ever seen. Even the fans refuse to attend games (the stadium is quite empty).

"American investor" and "football" don't go well together, so Marseille is probably going to be mediocre.

Conclusion: we will be 7th instead of being 13th. Wow.

>just an all around shitty guy
Which means he's perfect for Marseille.

>isn't it a pretty big club?
Most popular club in France with most glorious history.

>couldn't they find another potentially interested buyer?
Nope. The club should have been sold $1. Big debts (between 50 and 100 million), shit players, no competent staff, no assets (stadium is rented), no international competitions to make money this year. And the season has already started.

Marseille is a goldmine buried under an enormous heap of shit.

What you said... is actually the state of the club right now. Almost word for word.

This is true, except the machinegun part.

>Nice fluke season
>Forgets Saint-Étienne

>Pogba is worth more money than Olympique de Marseille
Really makes you think

Just look at how the Los Angeles Dodgers did during his tenure, and that will tell you how Marseille will do.

> european football "clubs"

Haha, oh wow.

This dumbass American is in waaaay over his head. Marseille is fucked, RIP.

>good news

Lol no. Owning a baseball club is like having a license to print money and this douche nearly managed to bankrupt on of the most storied clubs in one of the nation's biggest cities.

>"American investor" and "football" don't go well together,

For some reason, it seems like our worst sports owners end up buying soccer teams.

>Hicks bought Liverpool in 2007, when they were in the CL final. They went bankrupt in 3 years, and stopped being a big club.

>Kroenke bought Arsenal in 2006, when they were in the CL final. They haven't done anything relevant since.

>The Glazer family bought Man United in 2009, when they were in the CL final. They're currently in the middle of their worst few years since the 1980s.

>Randy Lerner bought Aston Villa. They have now been relegated.

I'm sure there are more, but you get the idea.

>one of the most storied clubs

The Dodgers are a soulless shell of a team that exist for the sole purpose of making rich Hollywood types seem "down to earth" by wearing team merchandise. All their history and prestige vanished when they left Brooklyn.

They've won most of their titles in LA senpai

jints fan detected

Good luck Marseille. McCourt was, is, and always will be garbage.

Dodger fan here, the guy was a horrible cheapskate scumbag who cut corners in everything related to the Dodgers. From the concessions to stadium security to the team itself.

Sorry bros, hopefully he won't gut your team too horribly :(

>upwards of €40m
holy shit that is all it costs?
I thought Marseille were a big club?

The Only french team with a CL win. They used to be a freaking powerhouse.

To be fair it's the same as L.A. he will feel at home... Except that the stadium doesn't belong to him, so as the stadium tickets

Marseille hasn't been relevant since their CL win in 93. They managed to win the ligue twice I think but still it's a popular club with a mediocre team. Even their fans started to pipe in Benny hill theme song and goat screams during halftime.
Marseille is one of the oldest club with the best title history in France but their popularity has been tone down by PSG, I live in Marseille and until arab monry no one would have ever worn a psg jersey here, but now I see plenty of them on younglings.
Marseille could get back and end up like Lyon in the top 5, even win some national cups but except if you do a Leicester miracle there's no way to win the Ligue from PSG

>have filthy rich owner
>she's a cunt
>most of her money is tied up in a trust
>get sold to an ameridoop

>the muslim-infested shithole seaport of marseille

She doesn't give a fuck about the club, she's been wanting to sell it for years, but no sane people would buy this crawling chaos. She just "onherited" it from or deceased husband Robert Louis Dreyfuss, who was the real fan and injected 1 billion € in the club, all for nothing, and was hated from the "fans" in return.

>mccourt

Whatever this is you're fucked

>Robert Louis Dreyfuss

the owner of marseille was jewish?
haha holy shit

A bad one, then, as he basically wasted a significant part of his fortune by throwing it in this club. His widow switched off the moneypump, which is also a reason why they've been so mediocre those last years.

Yeah, would most probably be a rocket launcher

That guy is a piece of shit lol.

>implying he will ever step foot in France

lol

Most big football clubs will cost this. PSG was bought €100m by Qatar, and it's already a high price (although still fair). €200m would have been a rip-off.

Football clubs are incredibly expensive to run and profits are more than uncertain, that's why they're almost worthless.

It is said in French media that the real price of Marseille was €1, given their current levels of debt and lack of assets.

Marseille is still the most popular club by far, don't worry. 75% of people despise PSG (I saw that in a poll) just because it's Paris.

Now, if PSG continues to dominate for the next 10 years while Marseille goes from ridiculous to pathetic, this popularity won't last... And the only real asset of Marseille is its incredible fanbase.

Yep.

yo

He said France, not Algeria.

What a clever and original comment.

why did they hate him?

i think he used to sack manager after manager

>unshaven
>cigar
>messy hair

yeah, he looks like a cunt.

That is just to get the deal done. Once that is settled, he won't be back. He hardly ever showed up to Dodgers games.

If you think some of the American owners in the BPL are bad, just wait and see with this dickhead.

While being a billionaire, he was also driving this car. He didn't give a fuck.

Because the club didn't win anything. Fans want a passionate owner that will spend a lot of money to actually win (read: they want Bernard Tapie).

We despise psg because we got banned from the parc.

T. Boulogne boy

hahaha he really didn't give a fuck. i guess he was kinda "based".

robert louis dreyfus wasn't a jew btw

his mother was catholic

Does he like buying ranches?

So is it only the rednecks of marseille who support the team or do the algerians and other na people who live in that city support it too

>Tunisia
>Boulogne Boy

W... what?

>rednecks of marseille
>or the algerians

the mudslimes ARE the rednecks

>jints fan detected

The Giants are just as disgusting, and for the exact same reason. Just replace "rich Hollywood types" with "Silicon Valley employees".

Algerians are among the most vocal supporters of the team. Everyone in Marseille supports it btw: the bourgeoisie, the poor, natives, immigrants, everyone.

Marseille is a very popular football club in North Africa as well.

Hell, even the Giants-Dodgers "rivalry" is fake as fuck. California couldn't make its own teams and its own rivalries, so they had to steal it from New York. It's like if Arsenal and Tottenham moved to Dallas and Houston and their new Texan fans pretended that the rivalry still existed.

Not wrong desu.

>he doesnt know that marseille is full of white trash

Don't forget that Pakistani-American guy who bought Fulham and promptly got them relegated. Maybe there's some kind of conspiracy to destroy the Premier League....

i wasn't aware that there is a large american population in marseille

Marseille is like 40% Muslim

>Marseille is in very bad shape

I remember going through the train station there and seeing a group of gendarmes with submachine guns walking around, the US is not the only country with militarized police.

Did i imply its not ?

Norcal and Socal hate each other though... it's not a fake rivalry

It's a fake rivalry because the teams aren't yours.

Why the fans did not bought the club? It couldn't be worse since this guy is obviously a random investor who did a random investment and will leave as soon as the product will lose all its value.

The gendarmerie IS a military police.

>'''investing''' still is allowed

just fuck my football up

a local druglord can still hire some mexicans to do the job in Murrika

>Why the fans did not bought the club?

Because you have to inject hundreds of millions into the club every year in order to be effective?

Stop.

I hope he enjoys:

>Arab scum racketting players
>Players drinking mojitos with gay whitetrash rappers like Jul
>Paying under the table fees to corcegan gangsters racketting the club
>Multiethnic supporters chimping out in the stadium and asking for your head

>you have to inject hundreds of millions into the club every year in order to be effective

Implying that every football club is unprofitable? I don't think so.

Rip in piece marseilles

Je suis en vacances

Psg is more popular than Marseille here these last years .