He tries to emulate the unobtainable cool shyness of Nick Drake

>he tries to emulate the unobtainable cool shyness of Nick Drake

who thinks nick drake is cool? he was shy, but moreso just horribly sad

Nick Drake wasn't shy, he was flat out autistic and depressed beyond belief.

examples of autism?

seconded. It's believed he died a virgin.

i'm glad we can finally agree that nick drake was a piece of shit better off dead but his music is okay i guess

That's the secret of Nick Drake, he was so fucking ridiculously autistic like how do you not look like that and literally be overwhelmed with pussy like 24/7

Introspection is only cool if you're actually talented or intelligent, Dostoyevsky, mangum, whatever.

Its super lame if you're introverted/"introspective" but untalented

depression lowers libido so maybe he just didnt want any

his dick was too big

> Boyd's attempts to foster Drake's career were going nowhere. He had given Drakes's two albums to the French singer, Francoise Hardy. She loved them and expressed an interest in Drake writing songs for her, so Boyd took him to Paris to meet Hardy at her apartment on the Isle St. Louis.

>"It was excruciating. Nick sat there, head down, drinking his tea and didn't say a word the whole time; and I had to fill in the awkward silences." Nonetheless, the meeting ended with a resolution for Drake to write some songs. But somehow he never got round to it.

our fucking guy

If I had dinner with a prime Franciose Hardy I'd be afraid too if that little mademoiselle even touched my leg I would probably cum in my pants

PUSSY SLAYER

Daily reminder Nick Drake was a Chad and his sadness was an act.
>He developed an interest in sport, becoming an accomplished sprinter over 100 and 200 yards, representing the school's Open Team in 1966. He played rugby for the C1 House team and was appointed a House Captain in his last two terms.[15] School friends recall Drake at this time as having been confident and "quietly authoritative", while often aloof in his manner.

This one always gets me

>By autumn 1974, Drake's weekly retainer from Island had ceased, and his illness meant he remained in contact with only a few close friends. He had tried to stay in touch with Sophia Ryde, whom he had first met in London in 1968. Ryde has been described by Drake's biographers as "the nearest thing" to a girlfriend in his life, but she now prefers the description "best (girl) friend".

friendzoned from beyond the grave

Yeah he killed himself for laughs and record sales pretty hardcore dude

Cambridge placed much emphasis on its rugby and cricket teams, yet by this time Drake had lost interest in playing sport, preferring to stay in his college room smoking cannabis, and listening to and playing music.
Sure, or they were never close like that, and people are just assuming he was interested because she's a woman and a close friend

Drake and Ryde were officially seeing each other. Ryde herself would say that, but they were never very serious due to Nick's behavior. She even broke up with him a week before he killed himself. I guess since it was never consummated and Nick didn't seem very sexual at all, it could be considered just close friends, but whatever, semantics.

>killed himself
>implying it wasn't an accident

>swallowing over half a bottle of anti-depressants is an accident

Do you think he was impotent or really small?

>accidentally slip and swallow 30 pills of antidepressants
its not like living or dying meant anything to him at that point

That sounds cool.

he was just trying to get high bro.

No idea. Probably just had low libido like this guy said. None of his work seemed to be sexual in any way, more so romantic. Probably the attitudes at the time and his reserved nature had an effect as well.

cannabis also lowers testosterone if I recall right, which can also cause depressive behaviors
>"Drake, who by this time was smoking what Kirby has described as "unbelievable amounts" of cannabis[57]"
that was a bit after the release of Bryter Layter

Post rare Nicks

>cannabis also lowers testosterone
Pseudoscience.

>trying to guitar tune to his personal preference without breaking the strings

How the fuck can you be this handsome and die a virgin REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>wake up
>reach for pills
>WOOPS BUTTERFINGERS
>swallow 30 pills by accident
>OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
>mfw

>you will never take nick drake's virginity

But you've the right to feel interesting and comfortable in that fantasy if you've had a miserable life. It's cruel to deny someone that, looking at it in that light it's fucked up.

yeah sure whatever, do your thing, but you're not going to be remembered for it

whatever anyone remembers of anyone else is a shadow at best, an outright falsity at worst

it's rather idiotic to put stock in historical """"signficance""""

>tfw my gf is obsessed with Elliott Smith and i see him as just a Nick Drake wannabe

I mean Smith is good but eh

You guys realize that his family literally believes it was an accident, right?

I can tell you're a pseud good luck bro

>his personal preference
which is?

>"There has been enormous speculation in Drake's love life - or lack of one. That he had no regular girlfriend in cambridge is not surprising, given the scarcity of female students at the time, despite the well-attested fact that many women made no secret of finding him attractive.
"I think he had odd flings," Wells recalls. [Wells was a close friend of nicks, they'd always get stoned and always do stupid stuff to laugh at] "He certainly was not a virgin. Once he knocked on my door after a party where i'd left him getting on very well with this leggy, attractive girl, came in drunk and said he really thought he was going to fuck the Gala or Gaynor. He rode off into the night on my bicycle, lit by a candle on my philosophy book, mounted on the handle bars. I certainly talked to him about sex a few times but he wasn't into lurid, locker room accounts of sexual conquests