OFFICIAL CHICAGO WHITE SOX @ DETROIT TIGERS GAMETHREAD

No one apparently gives a fuck Edition.

Shields vs Boyd

Game is currently underway.

>abroo

Doesn't matter, shields making history today anyways

It don't matter, none of this matters

It would be nice if the Tigers could put a few wins together here, but they seem like they're in a daze lately. Just hoping for a well-played, tight game tonight.

Fantastic start jimmy

Hey Detroit do us a favor and shoot shields yeah?

>it's a shields start

Once again, that image fits how I've been feeling,

>Shields hits him in the ass
ahahahaha

LEAVE MAYBIN ALONE!!!

Holy shit Fraz

>Brad moves Kinsler down the lineup
>Double play

Kinsler since the all-star break is just awful. Really took it to heart he didn't make the team, I guess.....

>walking miggy to vmart

Ed: Swing and a long one

All he needs to remember is that he's playing the Sox that he got an inside the park home run against them, and he should be fine.

>that was a strike
wat

August Shields K/HR watch

K: 12
HR: 11

>the city of JD

reee fuck off ump shields is going for a record here

Navarro isn't catching anymore

You can relax now

What exactly is the record?

lets see how many tigers can get themselves tossed from a winnable game this time

BRAD AUSMUS IS A FUCKING JEW

just general futility
I know he's close to the worst ERA for a qualified season, 20 losses for the first time in a while, not sure if the more home runs allowed than strikeouts in a month is significant.

>not sure if the more home runs allowed than strikeouts in a month is significant.
I'm sure Shark still holds that record from last year's debacle.

is that real

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt it.

From what I recall

Human launchpad here has the potential to in this final start of August

>Most consecutive multi homer given up starts(5)
>Highest single month ERA for a starter
>More home runs given up than strikeouts in a single month
I think that's it unless I'm missing one

Just for shits and giggles, lets add most runs given up via the IBB while the bases loaded in a single month.

Yes, like half of those were to the Phillies and A's too

>we're going to make shields look like a cy candidate

Wait until the 5th. He'll unravel by then.

Why even pitch him anymore? Some AAA guy could do better.

Nah 3rd

Man Timmay missing that 90 fb down the middle then swinging at that ugly slider away

Growing pains

>Some AAA guy could do better
Not with our farm system

Probably but KW And his puppet Hahn won't allow it

Speaking of AAA starter, Fulmer threw 5 perfect in his last start in Charlotte. It's something

>tigers offense
>scoring anything

kek we are great at scoring 0 or 1 run I swear

That would have been a ball if Navarro was catching

I saw a stat a while ago that said Tigers basically do fuck all until the 5th inning

K: 13
HR: 11

Except against us

>Fulmer shaved his beard

This nigga looks 15

Fuck Garcia

can you guys just let us sweep you? would really appreciate it ty

Boyd please

Based Saladman

Holy shit, Runs.

Salad doing thangs.

Runs are nice

Saladman!

>wasting runs on a shields start

I would be okay with getting swept as long as Sale's game is like 1-0 or something.

>Indians trying their hardest to hand us the division lead
>we go back to playing like jackasses

really makes me think..

Based JD

>Royals get their shit together and win the division the 3rd straight year should both teams crash and burn
pls no

Fuck would rather Cleveland win it than this scenario playing out. Fuck the royals

another solid night for upton

>shields

>The Sox help Shields with his shit
>Shields throws it away literally

It's amazing how their "fans" came back just as they started winning again. And they told us earlier in the year they weren't bandwagoners

thats how about 90% of the fanbases on Sup Forums are bruh

I would love to see how full Indians threads were the last few years too.

True

Also you are not the real Bees, you are an imposter

Has anyone gone from something to total JUST faster than James shields? He went from respectable to the worst pitcher in baseball in no time.

cmon mcgehee you FUCK
i've been using this trip for nearly half a year now since i forgot my old one

Kill yourself Salty

This offense is something else

Fuck off

>shields wants to lose but the tigers won't let him
We still got 5 more innings of big game and sox bullpen so there is time

this fucking offense is so hit or miss

usually on the miss

From what I've noticed, things are usually civil until June, the shittalkers come, and they disappear once the Tribe crashes and burns come early September.

By the look of things, maybe it'll happen the 4th year in a row.

Just weird how it seems like it's either 8 runs or 1 lol

>Casey McGehee has one RBI this month since Castellanos was injured.

Why the fuck isn't Iglesias playing 3rd?

They've been pretty civil so I'm not going to shit on them. I think if we were garbage our threads would be close to empty too.

One thing I like about you guys compared to them and the others though is you don't use the overused "detoilet" nickname. I get so tired of having to read that in every thread. You guys are probably the best team to have a gamethread with.

Really should be aybar at 3 and Iglesias at ss. Maybe based Brad is trying to ease Iglesias back in.

Mcgehee is aight at defense but his bat is pretty shit

whenever i bring that up people always say "hurrr you fucking idiot look at how they place in the league with runs scored!!!!'

and then you look at the game log and there's dozens upon dozens of games where they score below 1 run despite pitchers giving a 10/10 performance. when they're hot they pack on the runs, besides from that it's a fucking mess
maybe he needs a little time off? i wish mcgehee had some speed to him since then i could jusitfy having romine at the 3rd. both aren't the best of options so it's whatever

>you don't use the overused "detoilet" nickname
we have no right to criticize most other teams, not when >ours is run by a bunch of retards and our stadium is named guaranteed rape field

Anyone who uses that or run differential in an argument is pretty dumb imo

Us tigers fans watch a majority of games and we can see the disaparity between nights.

What's there to even banter with when the Sox have been subpar since the great choke of 2012. Even when the Sox play decently, they are such a streaky team.

That being said, once the NFL season starts, all bets are off due to the shitfest that are NFC North Gamethreads. And if there's any indication, I'm fairly certain the threads are gonna be worse than they have been the past few years.

>boyd
why oh why

I don't even care if they make up some other pejorative name but that one is trite.

>Worst Wilson coming in

Lions about to go 4-12 kek. We suck

>abroo

As for the Bears, having no expectations are the best expectations. I honestly have no fucking clue how they are gonna perform this year. My first thought is that this is gonna be similar to the Bears offense when Ron Turner was in charge as OC.Gase taking his talents to South Beach was probably the worst thing that has happened to the team in a while. Things were looking so well.

I am so fucking pumped for football to start

I was wrong BEST Wilson saves the game for now

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. Anything to look forward to is looking to be hit with the injury bug. I am really not feeling it compared to years past. Even the fucking Trestman years.

Just sucks to see the pukers win again and again. Hopefully one of us can get our shit together. Too bad we have the worst run franchise in sports here in Detroit.

How do you all feel about lovie at Illinois? (I care more about college football since MSU is where I went and lions are a joke)

I'm not really devoted to college football (or college sports for that matter), but anything is really an upgrade in Champaign. Ever since 2005 though when the men's basketball team made it to the final game, it's just been...quiet.

>Us tigers fans watch a majority of games and we can see the disaparity between nights.
As untrustworthy as run differential is, the eye test is probably worse due to various biases. When you're negative about something, the negatives tend to stick in your memory more than any positives. Take us with our bullpen. Completely middle-of-the-pack statistics-wise, but the bullpen was the catalyst that drove our season into the garbage bin with a couple of huge leads blown. And now some of us are calling the bullpen the "worst in MLB" when that's not true (except in raw blown saves, but that's just because the Reds' and other worse bullpens haven't been given as many chances).

I'm not, I've gradually been losing interest for all other sports other than baseball

oh my fucking god shut up

Yeah that's true. I actually don't know why our fans shit on our BP because it seems a lot more steady than previous years. Not saying it's great but it could be worse.

uh-oh

>losing interest in based hockey

Oh great maybin is hurt again. What a dumbass for sliding head first. RIP our season. I swear we play like shit without him.

>pinch runner tyler collins
heh, real speed demon that guy there

>Maybin in charge of health

More like

>our whole team in charge of health

We should be like 8 GB by now

>Blackhawks-Red Wings are reduced to 2 matchups a year
Fuck this gay Earth. And lets face it. They are not gonna meet up in the Final anytime soon.

Yeah that's pretty dumb. Anyway you guys somehow get moved to the east? Not sure what's going on with the team in LV

Can't get much better than Just Dingers up with the bases loaded

>inb4 big game grand slam