Rate Gaga's Half Time

A good 7 imo

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/02/lady-gaga-halftime-show-review-gravity-trump/515739/
thinkprogress.org/lady-gagas-halftime-show-is-only-political-if-you-want-it-to-be-1ac175c2bf9e#.jfc5iya60
youtube.com/watch?v=vUpHXV_0JfU
bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08dbljd/american-football-201617-super-bowl-li-new-england-patriots-v-atlanta-falcons
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i wish those cables would've ripped and she broke her neck

Dubs

I saw coverage of it on the news and immediately shut it off. That was one of the most narcissistic performances I've ever seen.

It was alright.
I kinda wish she would have done some political shit just to piss people off tho.

Does she even have any new material this is the first i've heard of Lady Gaga in years

should've tried cutting them with your edge

i would give her a half time

Yeah she came out with an album dingus

oh yeah... that happened...

i would have liked more if she didn't only play songs from 8+ years ago (i don't know any of her songs past that however) but i guess that was the only time she was relevant in the first place.

should have threw in edge of glory somewhere, it charted high on itunes after despite her not performing it. applause could have been a small interlude or something

shoulda coulda woulda

I'd give her a good 7 if you know what I mean ;^)

more like a 5 desu

kinda makes me wish I was playing duck hunt.

It was false! She was performing a satanic ritual!

laughing dog

I had a 5 dollar bet saying she would do this for at least 30 seconds, I thought it was a sure thing.

Come on now, no need for that. Seriously

What the fuck

it's good :^)

It's a family show, of course she's gonna sing the hits. Get over yourself

First time I ever go to /x/
What the fuck is wrong with these people?

ayy lmao

why not have someone who is actually relevant today instead of someone from 8 years ago

who's actually relevant these days?

Lady Gaga is always relevant to her fans. She has a shit load of fans which obviously would attract a shit load of viewers. You wouldn't understand

I read Umberto Eco's Foucalt's Pendulum a few years back and it articulated a lot on the irrationality of tinfoil hatters. The fact that /x/ has been colonized as a Sup Forums satellite nowadays is the cherry on top, what with all the new age satanic panic. I can't tell how many of them really are that fundamentalist or if it's all part of the big game.

That's Lady Gaga for you. Her Bowie "tribute" was just her wanking herself off in his flashy costumes.
Also, I heard the fancy jump at the start was pre-recorded.

She is one of Bowie's biggest fans, asshole. I was a Gaga fan from the start and in an interview in 2008-9 before hipsters listened to Bowie, she struggled to even talk about him because she loved him so much

idgaf if she masturbates to his fucking underwear, her whole shtick is self-centered and her tribute show was garbage.
>I was a Gaga fan from the start
How embarrassing for you.

u seem to be up to date on your gaga news :)

It popped up on my phone's news feed.

Bowie's performances were just as self-centred, same with Prince, Talking Heads, Beyoncé, any good performer who puts on a show. Fuck offfffff you uncultured swine.
>How embarassing for you
I don't care I'm a girl

4/10
I guess it was technically proficient enough.
But it was so goddamn cheesy and predictable.
Gaga has no soul, which would be ok if it was fun, but I didn't have fun, it was just some washed up hack with back-up dancers that look just like the guy who played Mugatu's assistant, dancing to gay dance songs that were popular 6 years ago.
Katy Perry's was a lot more fun. Her songs are cute and she had the based dancing sharks which were the best thing to happen to a superbowl halftime show ever.
Gaga takes herself too seriously, she thinks her bullshit songs are artistically important and that shes saving the lives of gay teenagers everywhere or something. Katy knows her shit is just dumb fun, which is why she knows how to make it fun.
Pretending to play instruments is a pet peeve of mine.
She looked awkward on the harness thingy, I hate Pink but she does that shit pretty well.
The game was 10/10 and that's what people should be talking about. My news spent 5 minutes on Gaga and 2 on the game.

she struggled to even talk about him because she doesn't know anything about him

>sworn Lady Gaga fan
>is a """girl""" with a dysfunctional penis
>calls me uncultured swine
neck yourself degenerate

>She has a shit load of fans
Oh, is that why her last two albums sold such record numbers?

Lmao I just can't comprehend how you're using 'self-centred' as a criticism, when all good performers are like this.
>why does everyone here say 'neck yourself' think of something better

Looks like i just got whip nae naed

>can't even use greentext properly
Her shows are focused on her being an extreme focal point, spotlights always on her, always in flashy costumes, always having some shitty dance group surrounding her (often caressing her like she's a goddess too). It's dull trite, visual noise all centered on how great she is. Bowie only did this in Glass Spider and he himself wasn't satisfied with it. However, Bowie was actually trying new things with Glass Spider, unlike Gaga's shows that are nothing but flair. Bowie gives a spotlight for the musicians to shine, Gaga doesn't.
As put it, she takes her pop shit way too seriously and suffers for it.

>unironically watching the actual game

I vomited

HALFTIME

>spotlights always on her
Rightly so, she's amazing to watch. I don't even love her songs but her image is amazing

>her image is amazing
What, tons of makeup and flashy costumes, usually showcasing her ass?

>mfw americans call handegg football

Yes... exactly that. The leotard & fishnets combo with wigs and platform heels was her best phase. I don't expect you to understand because you probably need everything to have rational explanations and deeper meanings or whatever.

Let me paraphrase this post:
>You probably need things to be more than just fancy visual brain-dead trite to enjoy stuff
And yeah I guess I'm guilty as charged, retard.

I usually have that opinion but she's a one off

just say she's your guilty pleasure or something then, don't act like she's some top level artist. Guilty pleasures are fine

She can play the piano. She was playing it when she was little.

blink 183 and nirvana

I know, but she was pretending here.
NFL doesn't allow artists to actually play the instruments in songs live, only live singing is allowed.

8/10, visually appealing and she did play a lot of hits, though I wish she'd played Poker Face in entirety.

She did start the performance with a snippet of This Land is Your Land

Yeah, she was just fiddling her fingers over the keytar too

HALF A PERC AND HALF A ZAN MAKE IT TO HALFTIME

Can't they stop beating the dead horse that is the American popular music industry? They should start importing acts to perform at the Superbowl. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu also does muh weird aesthetic but actually has a vision and doesn't need to have the word bitch censored from her work.

>in 2008-9 before hipsters listened to Bowie
Jesus christ, child. Stfu.

I'm not saying he's bad

>has three good songs
>plays entire repertoire

I am. Fuck that cheeto-haired fruitcake.

Flips and shit were cool..

Is this it though ? will we ever get a full song at one of these events or does that require too much concentration for the average audience ?

Lmao please leave

Why are you so mad user?

She's a total airhead.

And yet I want her. WHY? WHY? Why can't I stop?

She's yesterday's news. Her old hits aged horribly.

because post more

She's perfection. I love girls with meat on their bones.

fucking yikes dude. I love thick women, but jeez oh chirst man.

I'm with you oh my god

There's some trashy sexiness to her.

I want Father Misty John to do the next year super bowl

It was good, but aside from the great opening spot, it was pretty forgettable. I was expecting more of a spectacle a la Katy Perry's performance. As someone else said I thought the wire acrobatics looked very awkward too. I did gain respect for her for not getting super political or raunchy though. 6.5/10

Her music and act is boring. Sure she has talent, but nothing about "pepsi zero sugar" makes me think anything of any artistic value is taking place.

;^)

Ayy

Mate..

>a bunch of big name liberal news outlets trashed it because she didn't do something political or bash trump
this really triggers me
she's not their mouthpiece, she shouldn't have to be anybody's mouthpiece
I swear, the internet is going to end up turning me into a conservative

t. azaleia

The fact that she was the only person to sing during the whole thing live makes it the only good one ever.

7.5/10

Lame if true. I was wondering why they took so long to change cameras after she jumped.

i don't watch football

>the internet is going to end up turning me into a conservative
phrase o' the decade

she needs to do more shit with Tony Bennett she is stupidly talented, especially for the average pop star

>a bunch of big name liberal news outlets trashed it because she didn't do something political or bash trump

um, did they?

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/02/lady-gaga-halftime-show-review-gravity-trump/515739/

thinkprogress.org/lady-gagas-halftime-show-is-only-political-if-you-want-it-to-be-1ac175c2bf9e#.jfc5iya60

mommy monster no... put clothes back on please :(

She's not even thick? Looks like an average non-obese woman's body desu.

I miss her wannabe weird antics. She was the most interesting mainstream pop singer for quite a while.
I didn't realize how underground Bowie was until Blackstar came out.

Have a problem with that?

oh geez

You guys think she's back now that she did a good job at the Superb owl?

I need more grandiose Gaga and less Joanne.

youtube.com/watch?v=vUpHXV_0JfU

Built like a brick.

These look nothing like the same person.

Oh geez indeed

i dont think its worth starting a new thread just for this and since there is this thread relating to the super bowl i dont suppose anybody could help me find the music tacks played at 2:08:00 onward in this link bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08dbljd/american-football-201617-super-bowl-li-new-england-patriots-v-atlanta-falcons

Gaga, her face and body are ever changing.