Yes.

no

for servers? yes
for laptops? only edgelords

Most people I know either use Linux or BSD

Is that like a iPhone app or something?

yes

why though

it works much better than windows, let alone recent versions. there's LITERALLY no reason to use windows 10.

>it works much better than windows, let alone recent versions. there's LITERALLY no reason to use windows 10.
yet people dish out hundreds of dollars to use Windows or mac instead, I guess they just haven't heard how amazing linux is yet

>yet people dish out hundreds of dollars to use Windows or mac instead, I guess they just haven't heard how amazing linux is yet

More people doing something isn't really a justification for it, that's just appeal to majority.

Not trying to be a fedora or anything but the vast majority of people are really dumb. There's a reason a majority of the Western country population is overweight, why Credit card debt is such a huge issue and why people don't save for retirement.

The avg person is really really stupid >inb4 fedora

I mean there's so many industries that exist purely out of peoples' retardation.

Shit like multi level marketing or "supplements" that are suppose to build muscle and burn fat while you sit on the couch inhaling cheetos. People are really retarded in general, they'd follow the crowd off a cliff

If an OS is too unintuitive for an average person to use easily its not a good OS.
people get paid high wages just for knowing how to login to a linux server and restart services

Not really, but I use it, I like it

>If an OS is too unintuitive for an average person to use easily its not a good OS

But it's not.

I could understand this argument in 2005 or something when shit was actually quite gimicky but these days there's so many options and different flavours of Gnu/Linux. You can literally install Ubuntu with KDE and use it like Windows but with far more customization and ease of use for many things.

I want to install linux so that if one day i become important, the fbi won't go around like "you better do what you're told or we will show to the world all those autistic posts you made in r9k to the whole world"

Just install gnu/linux

There's no reason not to these days.

Install gentoo

make sure you get your fingerless gloves first

It's known in enterprise environments.

I think that could be avoided with just https

unless hiroshima is keeping logs

>Not posting her true form

>tfw have to stay with crappy win10 because muh vidiya

>what is VM with GPU pass through
>what is wine

She gets bigger with each iteration.

Only for servers/enterprise.
Very, very few people use it as a desktop OS, and it's usually because they're 2 kewl 4 skewl.

The people who could benefit the most from it, people who are extremely poor, are often also dumb, and Linux has no exposure in their communities.

But everyone benefits from it

>what is broken
>what is my meme laptop with dual gpu that still has no stable support through bumblebee

the people selling windows courses and those who develop windows or os x sure as hell won't benefit

ahem, we invented it

Linux breaks far more often than Windows, and Windows offers greater compatibility for programs and community for support. Not to mention the production quality on Windows far exceeds any Linux Distro in existence.

OEMs order such vast volumes of licenses that the small cost passed along to the consumer at the end of the day is well worth the product.

>Linux breaks far more often than Windows

>Linux breaks
Linux is a kernel, which is far better and more stable than the Windows kernel.

>and Windows offers greater compatibility for programs and community for support.

Like which? Outside of Photoshop and Excel because le industry standards there isn't more "compatibility", what the actual fuck are you talking about.

>COMMUNITY FOR SUPPORT
There aren't IRCs, forums and wikis full of helpful users for Windows that I know of.

>Not to mention the production quality on Windows far exceeds any Linux Distro in existence.
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

windows is a fucking mess, you literally need to disable 10000 settings in Windows 10 so that your operating system doesn't use up all your bandwidth transmitting everything about you to the NSA.

Bloat is ridiculous, a completely idle windows system uses up so much resources it's fucked

Windows updates compared to using a package manager is a joke

Linux is a shitty kiddie OS.
I was a huge a contrarian fan when I was like 18 or younger. You know "bill gates sucks, freedom to people".
But windows is like a luxury car.
And linux still looks like shit.
I use both at work and I don't really care.
But I am not an idiot to use Linux at home. Why??? Give me one reason.

>And linux still looks like shit.

Linux is a kernel you fucking faggot. It doesn't "look" like anything.

If you're talking about desktop environment there's literally a dozen that you can customize far more than Windows

>Why??? Give me one reason.

- Package managers
- More customization and options
- You don't want your computer to spy on you
- You want to be in control of your system
- You don't want to use a vulnerable piece of shit and get infected by Russian malware that cleans out your bank account
- No bloat(well less, depending on how you define it)

No point being dumb just cause everyone else is dumb.

I mean ALL of these desktop managers literally look like shit compared to windows. Unless you install microsoft fonts and do some endless customizations. I just want to turn my laptop on and start shitposting without having to worry about the fucking fonts as if it was still 1990's. I mean if you love to endlessly tweak your settings for the sake of tweaking then sure.

>I mean ALL of these desktop managers literally look like shit compared to windows. Unless you install microsoft fonts and do some endless customizations. I just want to turn my laptop on and start shitposting without having to worry about the fucking fonts as if it was still 1990's. I mean if you love to endlessly tweak your settings for the sake of tweaking then sure.

It looks fine, no worse than Windows right out of the box. what desktop environment have you tried?

>I mean if you love to endlessly tweak your settings for the sake of tweaking then sure.

The option to do so is nice to have, a luxury Windowsfags cannot afford ironically enough.

Everything else is great too, the ability to use a package manager is probably the most enjoyable thing. Again, something windowsfags cannot do.

>I just want to turn my laptop on and start shitposting without having to worry about the fucking fonts as if it was still 1990's

And you can do that.

>Worry about fonts
You claim to use Gnu/Linux, but what the actual heck are you talking about?

You set everything up ONCE, and then you just save your .bashrc, config, dotfiles etc and can instantly setup a fresh install the way you like it (if for some reason need be on a new computer or something).

It's also nice to not have to deal with the cluster fuck of the Windows registry, which makes backing up your settings very difficult. It's also nice to have all utilities built into the system like mounting discs or verifying checksums instead of needing to download Pajeet's programs from some random site

Which version of Windows are we talking about, because Windows 8 and 10 look like dogshit.

Here's what my shit looks like btw

Does this really look that bad?

Any version, really.

Well if you don't see it yourself, I guess you have a different opinion. These fonts look too crude. And the icons... They look so amateur as if they were created by a 12 yo linux guru. Just my opinion. Windows looks a lot more professional. Linux is great as a server but not a desktop. No seriously, what is up with Linux fonts???

No, it's kinda popular in universities, specially engineering but most of this people had never used a linux distro in their life and they admit it.

>No seriously, what is up with Linux fonts???

I don't see the problem.

There's the exact same fonts available as on Windows. They aren't unique you know.

And how does THIS shit look any better? There's literal fucking ads in the start menu.

I never used 8 but when I had 7 I installed the classic start button and disabled that shit.

My bad I mean 8 not 7.

>tfw you install whatever distro, use it for a few days, and then go back to windows when you realize it doesn't do anything windows doesn't offer

No. Only weirdos and new age faggots use them