Just got a guitar, how to get good Sup Forums?

Just got a guitar, how to get good Sup Forums?

use as toboggan

Practice

no snow? sucks

Play rocksmith 2014 every day for 60 days

have a light touch, meaning don't press down on the strings. Barre chords will probably be difficult at first, but you'll get to a point where you don't have to press that hard. stay relaxed. keep a straight back, good posture, etc. find a good place for your right hand where it's comfortable for you to pick.

beyond that, just practice and learn songs.

I like you

>anyway, here's wonderwall

justinguitar.com

Sup Forums has a guitar/bass general that will help you more

i'd suggest getting travis picking down asap

Here's a repost, it's simple but clear:

I'm going to give you some life changing information: the guitar is actually a very easy instrument to learn music theory on.

Just learn how scales work, and where notes are on the frets, and how to make chords using this information.

For example, the 6th string is an E, the first fret on this string is F, and the 3rd fret is a G. This makes the second fret a
F sharp. The reason the first fret is F is because there is no E sharp. Now, the 4th fret is G sharp, and the 5th fret is A.
The fifth fret is also the same note as 5th string open. On the 5th string, the first fret is A sharp, the second fret is B,
and the 3rd fret is C. There is no such thing as B sharp. The fourth fret is C sharp and the fifth fret is D. Again, the fifth
fret is the same note as the next sting played open. Just keep following this pattern of Note - Sharp note - next note and
remember there is no E sharp or B sharp. Congrats, you just started learning music theory.

My additional personal advice would be to practice songs and pick up patterns from them to improvise.

you just got the most plebeian instrument
change it

otherwise

this
unless you consider pay for some lessons

Learn scales

You seem retarded no offense

>I'm going to give you some life changing information: the guitar is actually a very easy instrument

Could have just left it at that desu

film yourself playing bro

>Congrats, you just started learning music theory.
More like
>Congrats, you just acquired autism

use a capo
dont ever learn proper technique or theory
crank reverb (that's where the emotion comes from)
profit

:D okay guitarman

no problem dubs man :D

I'm at the point where I'm just learning barre chords, what are some good beginner songs? So far I've only gotten Dunkelheit down

This post made me physically ill.

Buy a lute.

You practise the shit out of it, maybe?

Hes dubsdubs man