Trump saved music

Artists we're going to see 10/10 albums from because of trump:
>Sufjan Stevens
>Annie Clark
>Basically every liberal artist

Where were you when The Donald saved music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Sr8y8nMEo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fantano has already debunked this

trump didnt save music, i did...

no
>fantano
no

Can't wait for the alt right to produce some great punk bands as this generations true counterculture

>implying Sufjan is capable of a sub 10/10 album regardless of current events

This desu

Politically charged music is and has always been the most superficial and uninspired kind of music, whether it's about Trump, Bush or Hitler. And don't even attempt to meme me about Punk Rock, the most reacctionary, overexploited and cliched genre ever created by mankind

since trump is president there hasnĀ“t been a single great album release

>Liberals whining about not being nice to terrorists
>Good music
Kay-O

Hopefully he'll get rid of niggers too.

bruh

>BUY MY NEW ALBUM IF YOU WANT TO STOP DRUMF YOU MORONS

>trump gets second term

>BUY MY ALBUMS HARDER REEEEEEEEEEE

its probably better for liberals culturally that trump won, under obama they pretended to be the snarky rebels while obama drone bombed kids in Afghanistan. Libs slowly became the establishment. They didnt even realize it so their heads exploded when trump won. I just hope culture shifts a bit so we can enjoy media were there isnt some shoved in sjw message anymore, like it was pre obama

Christ, can a guy relax and watch some cartoons without some faggot sjw shit in it.

Yeesh.

>Christ, can a guy relax and watch some cartoons without some faggot sjw shit in it.
nope

thanks for proving my point!

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

>politically-charged music

Dead Kennedys are pretty good.

Is this a pasta?

It is an actual counter culture but like every counter culture you need to produce good works of art or no one will remember it.

All you have is a bitchy gay comedian.

Its stale pasta

If Trump ain't talking 20s/30s chanson, we ain't talking.

politically charged music can be substantive and not reactive. you'd be hard pressed to find any worthwhile music that isn't political in some sense

why the fuck would i want to listen to music about how niggers are better than whites and open borders

Trump is the hero America deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

They produced Donald Trump. Isn't that enough?

>10/10 albums
>names two literal who's
what did he mean by this?

I don't know, people talk about St. Vincent being disingenuous but she seems pretty intent on making something amazing with this new album and not just releasing something to release something like people were saying she was going to do after S/T got pretty famous. She's basically taken twice as long or longer to work on it and it's her only album so far to be self produced. I am kind of worried that it might be too in your face political but as long as it's good I don't really care.

>Politically charged music is and has always been the most superficial and uninspired kind of music,
What did you just say about Woody Guthrie?

no

Singing about how times are hard, a lyric that is not much more than reading a newspaper to music while strumming on a guitar, seems pretty superficial to me and I say that as a big fan of Guthrie.

The problem with Trump in the music scene is that talking about him has become something of a cop out. I mean..thats why he won the election, honestly. People have been talking about him nonstop since he announced his campaign. He's easily the most publicized president of recent time.

But music referencing trump is particularly shallow just because of how tone deaf it usually is. It's the same with comedy now.

>Comedian makes remark about Drumpf or his hair
>audience collectively screeches in hysterical laughter and give themselves aneurisms

btw the only good album that's come out that references Trump is Tribe.

HOLY CHECKED

Ok but the songs gonna talk about what?
how he -cleanly- won the election? how he doesnt had people in the inaguration like obama?how he prevent terrorist to enter to US? how he is a fool or something?
Do you understand how cringe this is? Like try to think about one good song about "hitler was evil"

How is it superficial if a significant amount of it is autobiographical? Or if its made with a genuine passion?

We dropped an average of 3 bombs an hour last year and I didn't hear a single protest song about that.

>Trump thread
>1488
pottery

why are you typing like that

It's okay when Democrats do it.

>all musicians forcing politics into their music
Nah. I don't like forced politics in music, especially if that's not their thing initially. Some do it great, but some don't and will feel like they'll have to do it just to prove a point.
Gorillaz did it with their last song and it was just lame

Yeah you don't like Donald Trump, we get it, no one does, actually. No need for everyone to make songs about it

because it only matters that the matter is delivered with conviction tbqh

I like Trump.

I'm pretty sure Gorillaz's new song wouldn't have been good even without the political message.

I am stoked for Sufjan's album because it looks like it might be the best secular Christian album since Bob Dylan's Slow Train Coming.

i have to admit, alt-right or whatever youc all it, is the true counter-culture, i'm a normie, i don't like trump but the sjw, the PC is the rule now, they are not the rebels they think they are it's hilarious

>that grammar
go back to rusky

I honestly don't get why the entertainment industry as a whole keeps focusing so much on their anti-Trump campaign.
I mean, I don't disagree with it, but they fail to realize that Trump build his political campaign on the controversy caused by the shit he said. He loves attention, and although he is insecure and thin-skinned, he takes advantage at having everyone talking about him. Because in the end that's what he wants, to be the center of attention. His whole presidency campaign was just a massive personal ego trip, whose only goal was to win.
And besides what else can be said about Trump that everyone don't know already?

>not knowing who Sufjan Stevens and Annie Clarke are
I'm plebeian as all shit and even I know who they are.

Donald Trump isn't a product of the alt-right though, he's merely an entity that they've latched onto because he's broadly aligned with their opinions. Not trying to start an argument (however I am in no way a fan of Trump), but it would genuinely be interesting to see what music arises from all this on both sides of the debate

>Trump, Republican, as president
>being right is counter culture

lana del rey

Conservatism is literally built off of keeping the same cultural ideas in play. That's what it's always actually meant.

Liberal and Conservative are dead words in this generation desu

kek

There would be no post-punk without punk rock

I already in it. -_-'

The basic premise is wrong imo. Politically "charged" albums tend to be mediocre imo, and an artists less political work tends to be more interesting/ universally appealing. See GKMC vs TPAB as an example

I'd rather Sufjan continue to explore deeply emotional themes concerning the human condition than sing about how Trump is a bad dude and I'm liberal cuck myself desu

>There would be no shit without farts

Gotta admit as a former Trump supporter it's hilarious watching him crash and burn like this but seriously we can't let this man get his hands on the nuclear codes

>"two literally who's"
lurk moar

Anohni - "Drone Bomb Me"

he's the fucking president of the united states, what are we supposed to do, ignore him?

You could try not indulging in the mass hysteria.

Sjw-crybabies are superficial and uninspired. Actual Nazi music is the best ever.

Reminder that Soviet music was superior.

Commies 1
Nazis 0

ha haha ha ha
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Sr8y8nMEo

>1488
Ben Garrison pls go

fuck trump , at least we can get some good protest albums because of that orange cunt

autism

But what I'm trying to say is with everyone going against him, repeating the same topics we all know about him will not change anything. It'll be the same thing that has been since he announced his candidature, and will not make him more damage than he's already doing to himself everytime he or his minions open their damn mouths.
If all of you americans really want to hurt him, take away the control of the Congress from his and the Republican Party's hands in 2018.

That's borderline impossible, there are significantly more democrat seats up for reelection than republican ones in 2018, both in congress and in the states. There's really no hope until 2020.

Not gonna happen.
Gerrymandering ruins everything.

>whiny bullshit
Just a friendly reminder that your best attempt was American Idiot

>St. Vincent
>whiny bullshit