How in the fuck do some of you unironically think this better than Currents...

how in the fuck do some of you unironically think this better than Currents? This is complete garbage and I feel embarrassed for having spent an hour of my life on it

tame impala general I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RgWwkHt8hM0
youtube.com/watch?v=XvH2sHDrLsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why would u have a general about a pop band?
99% of tame fans just like it because of the "vibes" and no nothing about music theory!

Where did you develop such a shitty opinion?

Name your top 5 albums.

because I'm fucking mad that people actually shit on Currents all over this board, which is a solid and fun synthpop album, because this crock of shit is supposedly superior

1. Alice Coltrane - Journey in Satchidananda
2. Gil Scott-Heron - Pieces of a Man
3. Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
4. King Crimson - ITCOTCK
5. Mobb Deep - The Infamous

as if I actually have to prove anything to you. this album is meandering as fuck and more than half of it is filler. Currents is more interesting in almost every single conceivable way. Where did you develop such shitty opinions? Name your top 5 albums.

i agree currents is better. lonerism sounds dated to me already
think Sup Forums just wants to be hipsters

First off
>general
Go back to r eddit.
Second off Lonerism is completely different mood wise then Currents and both have different optimal listening moods but both are solid albums. Currents was only hated at first because of the more minimalist pop feel it has compared to Lonerism so people are only coming around now to appreciate it, although I'd say Currents has more dud tracks then Lonerism whose only bad tracks were Suns Coming Up and Led Zeppelin.

All of this is irrelevant because Innerspeaker is superior

i'm taking the bait.
>Current's is Psych Pop and Lonerism and Innerspeaker are Psych Rock (people are drawn to one or the other).
>Current's lyrics are weaker and the songs are primarily driven by Parker's vocals instead of an electric guitar (Mind Mischief) or Synth solo (Music to Walk Home By).
>Lonerism has a solid structure and narrative (Endors Toi aka sun going down, Apocalypse Dreams and at the end Sun's Coming Up).
>Let It Happen as an opener is long and gets boring fast while Be Above It gets more interesting (when performed live its a different experience).
>3 of Current's most interesting songs are under 2:00. Lonerism only has a 0:57 song used as an interlude.
>Current's best songs don't top Lonerism's.

Finally I saw their very last show in Perth for the Currents tour and the band barely touched Currents (maybe 1 or 2 songs) and primarily played Lonerism.
Its like Parker knew that the crowds favourites were from Lonerism.

>Its like Parker knew that the crowds favourites were from Lonerism.
yeah he knows his fanbase is full of plebs.

>this album is meandering as fuck and more than half of it is filler

you literally just described currents though

This.

nah currents is actually good
lonerism just made me rather listen to goat - world music

Yet Currents is more accessible than Lonerism because it doesn't rely so much on instrumentation and more on vocals. Even P4k rated it higher.
Hell Rhianna did Kareoke over "New Person, Same Old Mistakes" and added it to her album, which no pop artist would have done for any of Parker's previous work.

If you are a fan of Currents yet you hate Lonerism or Innerspeaker and feel the need to express it then you are a true pleb friendo.

>Current's is Psych Pop and Lonerism and Innerspeaker are Psych Rock (people are drawn to one or the other).
fair but genre allegiance is not as serious as you're making it out to be
> >Current's lyrics are weaker and the songs are primarily driven by Parker's vocals instead of an electric guitar (Mind Mischief) or Synth solo (Music to Walk Home By).
for a band that is clearly about mood and instrumentation I don't understand why anyone would care at all about lyrics. you can't even fucking hear him on half of Lonerism so why do people give a shit about lyricism at all?

if by "driven by guitar or synth" you mean "fuck we reached the three minute mark time to fucking jerk off and solo and do absolutely nothing interesting for another 2-4 minutes"

>Lonerism has a solid structure and narrative (Endors Toi aka sun going down, Apocalypse Dreams and at the end Sun's Coming Up).
actually agree, but album structure shouldn't trump song quality IMO
>Let It Happen as an opener is long and gets boring fast while Be Above It gets more interesting (when performed live its a different experience).
they are both equally boring in my opinion
>3 of Current's most interesting songs are under 2:00.
Disciples is better than almost every single track on Lonerism, what difference does it make?
> Lonerism only has a 0:57 song used as an interlude.
and it's fucking terrible. it cuts out in a super abrupt way and don't even try telling me that's for a significant artistic purpose
>Current's best songs don't top Lonerism's.
The Less I Know the Better, Disciples, and Eventually are all individually better than the entire album of Lonerism, and songs like The Moment and New Person, Same Old Mistakes pretty much directly compete with Lonerism's best
> Its like Parker knew that the crowds favourites were from Lonerism.
A big band pandering to plebs who only heard their best selling album does not validate your bad taste

1. Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
2. Talking Heads - Remain in Light
3. King Crimson - Discipline
4. Can - Future Days
5. This Heat - s/t

Currents is so incredibly boring. It's funny you describe Lonerism as filler when Let it Happen and The Less I know the Better are the only decent tracks on the album and the rest is pop-psych garbage.

Lonerism (Modular, 2012), a much better arranged (notably Jay Watson's creative percussion patterns producer Dave Fridmann's multi-layered production) and lively work, still suffered from comparisons with Tame Impala's forefathers, but at least lived up to expectations. A couple of demented transfigurations, namely the panting barrelhouse blues of Be Above It mixed with Apples In Stereo-esque singing and vintage guitar vibrato, the baroquely cyclical and super-sweet merry-go-round of Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control, and the nonchalant beach keyboard-driven singalong plus jam of Keep on Lying, redeem the songs that stage an exaggerated revival project, like the too lush spaced-out litany Endors Toi, the too languid Mind Mischief, and the too digital Why Won't They Talk to Me? The melodic peaks are Apocalypse Dreams, with simple march-like refrains of Merseybeat wrapped in a symphonic apotheosis, and the falsely hard-rocking Elephant (which is to Tame Impala what Come Together was to the Beatles). Slightly better than the much hailed debut, but still way too much filler to justify an album. This should have been a six-song EP.

>he thinks pleb means pop-like in structure or popular

jesus fucking christ are you serious?

t. poseur

please stop responding to my thread

pic related its you

>listening to tame impala

maybe I was doomed to be memed from the start. I don't know what I expected.

I think I made this out to be a bigger deal than it is. I think Lonerism is a 5 and Currents is a 7 but you might think I'm arguing it for AOTY or something

this autism is still here?
yikes

>Let It Happen
>good
you buried yourself my dude, just leave while you can

You sound like you're under 18 and only discovered Tame Impala when Currents came out.

If you knew shit about music, you'd know that Lonerism and Innerspeaker (which I doubt you even know exists) are much more musically interesting and take much greater risks than the pop album Currents that they made for Interscope executives.

lol, don't you have some Sup Forums essential patrician charts to grab your taste from?

My nigga.

hey man its cool. pretending to like rym core to validate your point is fine. you can't win every argument!
pic related says no

I'm 21, and heard every album as they came out. You guys are actually jerking off some of the most run-of-the-mill psych rock revival of the decade. why you actively dislike them taking the only interesting direction of their entire career is beyond me

it's like you want everything to be boring and exactly like everything else

>Even P4k rated it higher.

W E W
E
W

the irony is that you'd have to be under 18 to listen to tame impala
>
>You have scrobbled this artist 698 times.

for you my friend :)
youtube.com/watch?v=RgWwkHt8hM0

>why you actively dislike them taking the only interesting direction of their entire career is beyond me

Literally never said I disliked it, just that their previous two albums were better. Currents is still much better than most music out there, it's just their worst album.

>You guys are actually jerking off some of the most run-of-the-mill psych rock revival of the decade.

KEK. Then please, name 5 more psych bands from this decade that are better than Tame Impala. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Psych Rock is Tame Impala, Lonerism was only a big hit because Innerspeaker help set the groundwork while Currents was a shift so fans like myself are divided by the album.

>fuck we reached the three minute mark time to fucking jerk off and solo and do absolutely nothing interesting for another 2-4 minutes
Literally Let It Happen, Current's isn't excused in this case.

>Disciples is better than almost every single track on Lonerism, what difference does it make?
Currents is full of filler, songs like Nangs leave me hanging while longer and slower songs (Yes I'm Changing, Eventually) just drag on. If the project was more concise I think I would appreciate it more.

Also She Wont Believe Me is the break and leads into the long climax: Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control.

Ill give you The Moment and New Person but saying 3 songs (The Less I Know The Better being one of the weakest links on the album) are better than the entirety of Lonerism is obvious bullshit.

>A big band pandering to plebs who only heard their best selling album does not validate your bad taste.
Ill settle with bad taste then since I don't plan on creating threads complaining "why everyone else not liking the album I like."

>I just can't seem to kill this pain today

I don't think many actively dislike Currents (unless you were here when the album first dropped) and people don't like Currents just because it was different since Lonerism set a high standard.

Its because Currents just sucks in terms of songwriting, structure and sound.

>Currents is full of filler
and lonerism isn't?
Be above it
music to walk home by
why won't they talk to me
feels like ( jesus christ these vocals are horrible)
elephant
suns coming up
Apocalypse Dreams(drags on forever)
are easily the worst songs on lonerism.
what kind of fucking weed are you smoking to share these opinions.
anyway heres some good psych rck youtube.com/watch?v=XvH2sHDrLsQ

>All that shit taste

WEW BOY

What a bunch of sad, pathetic posts.

wow excellent argument :)
aren't you late 4 highschool?

>Literally nothing from my top 5 here except one artist

Wow, you sure showed me. Cop some taste, you delusional faggot.

Because they expose you for being an ideologue, right?

Both aren't that great. Tame Impala isn't great.

kek

No, because you're trying waaaay too hard to claim some sort of superiority when you're taste is fucking abysmal.

>Cop some taste, you delusional faggot.
glad you admit you just handpicked those albums to pretend like you have taste.
this is music not a trading card game. if you are gonna lie try harder pls

>What a bunch of sad, pathetic posts.
All of this board.

>glad you admit you just handpicked those albums to pretend like you have taste.

Your analysis skills need some work.

>haha, he likes critically acclaimed albums - what a poseur. i'll show him with my shitty taste

Are you not embarrassed?

>haha, he likes critically acclaimed albums - what a poseur. i'll show him with my shitty taste
if you actually did like those albums. why would you even care about fucking tame impala?
they aren't even on the same level as those artists.

whos chart did you leech off this time :)

why the fuck are we suddenly getting tame impala threads every day

>if you actually did like those albums. why would you even care about fucking tame impala?

The back-tracking is fucking hilarious. Just admit you're a fucking retard and get it over with.

>they aren't even on the same level as those artists.
>i can only listen to a limited set of artists

Wew, looks like someone is a poseur.

>whos chart did you leech off this time
>more projecting

>top 5 has zero psych albums
>yeah i know what good psych music is
fuck off poser

>need to have a psych album in top 5 to know good psych music

You can stop posting at any time.

imagine being THIS defensive of your bland ass scarufficore taste

You guys are weird, heres my opinion

Innerspeaker is near and dear to my heart, it came to me at a pretty critical point in my life and sonically just kind of blew my tits off.

Lonerism just felt like DLC for Innerspeaker. It wasn't as cohesive but the variety made me cum. It's more of a collage record.

Current is also dope. The synths are fat and the drums are crunchy. Pretty fun record overall but my least listened to. For me there just isn't any reason to come back to it all that often but when I hear a song off it somewhere I definitely get excited.

They all good homies

>opinion

yeah you do dumbass.
do tell me whats your fav psych albums :)

>u must have fav album in this genre to know if this is good or not

You're a fucking retard

what is your fav psych albums my man.
simple question

1. Love - Forever Changes
2. Speed, Glue & Shinki - s/t
3. Can - Tago Mago
4. Cream - Disraeli Gears
5. Dark - Round the Edges

>inb4 poser
>inb4 chart

not me btw

How does it sound dated?

Tame Impala is just a pale imitation of music that's already been done better.
Nothing but uninspired melodies with poor lyrics.

Lonerism is their best album you mong

all of Lame Impalas music is complete gabrabe fampai. please stop posting

dude LOUD lmao

wat

THANK YOU

your top 5 is on point, man

hahaha lmao. Tame impala can't even compare to the fucking based as fuck todd rundgren.

currents is such a crock of shit compared to lonerism and that's saying something

genuinely curious do you have any recs? don't know much about psych

kevin parker is way better than todd rungren, he got him to remix his songs made him his bitch

how the fuck does your list of just psych albums have better taste behind it than your overall top 5? you have potential kid but you're blowing it big time

Coming from a pleb who doesn't know much about music but basically enjoys to listen to all music

Why is Tame Impala considered bad? (Speaking to the posters on here that seem to think their shit)

and what are some better bands in terms of Psych Rock to listen too?

>how the fuck does your list of just psych albums have better taste behind it than your overall top 5?

That's like your opinion, man

>music to walk home by
>why won't they talk to me
>feels like we only go backwards
>filler

4/10 made me reply. those are the 3 best songs on the album

Tame Impala is hands down the best band in the world right now. They are not pretty good, they are pretty incredible. But more than just how good they are, They represent the first ripple in a massive change that we are about to go through musically as well as culturally. I think that over the course of the next 10 years we are going to see a sort of mini-renaissance similar to what we saw in the late 50s-60s post war. With pot and gay marriage soon to be legal federally its gonna be a whole new world. 2012 end of the world isn't the end of human life, its the end of one way of thinking and the start of another. Pot...cash...crop...money! As someone already said here on reddit, The united states will be the only country in the world were pot is legal federally. We are gonna have jobs again, and money to burn. Money to spend on art and music. In a sense, a need will be created for GOOD art and music. Not something that is coldy manufactured by hitmakers. Tame Impala is leading the charge! They are proving that people CAN tell the difference between real and manufactured music! Im not saying Tame Impala are the next Beatles but they are making enough waves to make change. Moral of story, Tame Impala Rocks!!!! They (kevin park) are making real beautiful music that only happens when a talented person commits a lot of time to something that they are passonate about. Tame Impala is a real life "bedroom" band, they way it is meant to be .

is this a copy pasta reply to the "alt right is punk as fuck" copy pasta?

that copypasta predates the alt-right in general

Pretty much my same exact feeling.