youtube.com/watch?v=2diY6wC1Xs4
youtube.com/watch?v=8xIWLG-F0Ag
youtube.com/watch?v=QWmTUse-sv8
youtube.com/watch?v=2k1m1ITcljM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i can name you a more overrated artist

definitely

Literally any other band.

I'd literally never heard of Radiohead until I started browsing Sup Forums.

Me either. I've been here several years and have only listened to a Moon Shaped Pool too.

This is part of why so many hipster teens (and therefore Sup Forums) loves them.

They are just outside of mainstream status, at that point where you can say "I like Radiohead", and still be cool in your own mind because while there are enough people to circlejerk with about the band in real life and on the internet, there aren't "too many", like with a band like the Foo Fighters for instance.

Couple that with their pretentiously "unique", "avant garde" sound (only relative to top-40 of course) and basic song structures and faux-deep lyrics, which blows the minds of most kids, and they instantly fall in love and think it's the greatest thing ever.

As a result you have millions of people thinking they're the greatest thing ever

Frank Zappa

Fuck off Scaruffi drones

>he actually likes Radiohead

Underage redditors need to fuck off or be banned on sight.

This so much

Joke's on you, I formulated this opinion in my head before ever reading Scaruffi's (spot-on) opinion on them.

Also nice job proving me (us) wrong. :^)

Radiohead? More like Reddithead

Are you seriously saying that people who enjoy Radiohead's music are less intelligent than you? Am I supposed to pretend I dislike their music because their song structures are too basic? Get over yourself

Yeah, people who like Radiohead are probably less intelligent than I if I am being frank. Case in point: you.

I don't think you understand the point of music

Why is Radiohead bad?
>it's reddit music
What do you mean?
>redditors listen to it
But what about their actual music?
>It's bad
How?
>It's fake avant-garde
Did they ever claim it was avant-garde?
>their fans do
We're not talking about their fans right now
>fine, well their music is still bad
Do you only listen to avant-garde?
>no
Then why is it bad that they're not real avant garde?
>because their fans say it is

I WANT UNDERAGE CONTRARIANS TO GET THE FUCK OUT

Did you like it?

Scaruffi is a faggot tho

ITT reddit boys

Get out reddit or we will kick you out by force.

"Better dead than Reddit"

I am saying that that is why they are so overrated. They are avant-garde for the basic-bitch "yeah, I guess you could say I kinda have unique music tastes xD" masses. There is nothing wrong with liking Radiohead, I enjoyed OK Computer; Creep is a good song; etc. But Radiohead is way overrated for what they actually are, because many people don't know any better, or have very simplistic tastes. Radiohead is accessible, easy-to-process "unique" music, and that's why it's so adored despite the music itself actually being pretty mediocre.

>I enjoyed OK Computer; Creep is a good song; etc
You haven't even heard their good albums have you
Maybe you should start there before trying to make yourself seem smart

Music is subjective. I can't believe you think the type of noise someone finds pleasurable dictates whether or not they are intelligent.

It's simple
Someone who enjoys classical, avant-garde, experimental probably has higher IQ to enjoy this more difficult, sophisticated sound than someone who enjoys hip hop and dance music with lyrics about guzzling cum and doing drugs and 4/4 sampled beats.

>Music is subjective.
Not really, there are just many different ways to measure its quality, and many people choose "it makes me feel good."

>radiohead is avant-garde
laughinggirls.jpg

what a plebbit

It was okay. I like chamber pop a lot so that helped.

>he said, in a sentence riddled with baffling grammatical errors that obscure his intended meaning

I've heard OK Computer, Kid A, and Amnesiac (considered by everyone to be their magnum opii), as well as singles from several of their albums.

I know all I need to know about them and their music.

Why are you projecting so hard? Freudian slip? I never mentioned liking Radiohead corresponding with a lack of intelligence. Although it could be said there's most likely a strong inverse correlation. Certainly they lack musical intelligence.

""

Just let all notions of intelligence and image out of your head for a second. How is Kid A not an outstanding album?

I mean even Motion Picture Soundtrack alone is one of the most beautiful songs I can name off the top of my head

>magnum opii
retard

All hip hop artists people consider "deep"

There are no deep hip hop artists. It's all hot garbage .

In rainbows is their opus tho

Biggest load of bullshit I've read in a while. I guess statistically private school students have higher IQs and they are raised listening to classical music and acquire a taste for it. That, along with Daily Mail standard journalism you could claim that classical music requires people with higher IQs to enjoy it. It's nonsense. Music is subjective. And if you think you're too smart for hip hop, you just have no rhythm.

Because if I heard it in an elevator I'd say to myself "hey, this is not terrible for elevator music, although it is slightly depressing. all in all, above average and one of my nicer elevator rides because of it, more elevators should play this brand of muzak"

But how? I doubt that many people would have only heard Bobby Brown and Valley Girl would bother listening to The Grand Wazoo, We're Only in it for the money, Waka/Jawaka or his classical music.

You need musical intelligence to make music, but not necessarily to enjoy it

I guess by that I meant having heard more music than what's played on ClearChannel FM radio every day and what's on the front page of YouTube / music videos that get 50M+ views... which is the demographic Radiohead largely appeals to

not everybody can get into Tedy Andreas. It takes a pretty high level of intelligence to enjoy my music.

>the basic-bitch "yeah, I guess you could say I kinda have unique music tastes xD" masses
i.e. Sup Forums

So Radiohead's music transcends all audiences, both intelligent people and not so intelligent people...
Is this just a coincidence? Or genius song writing? I think the latter

As has been pointed out, Radiohead are not avant-garde.

here is some actual avant-garde "music"

>John Cage: Solo for Sliding Trombone
youtube.com/watch?v=2diY6wC1Xs4

>JOHN OSWALD - Dab [Full Song]
youtube.com/watch?v=8xIWLG-F0Ag

>John Oswald - Paul McCartney: Birth
youtube.com/watch?v=QWmTUse-sv8

>Cornelius Cardew & The Scratch Orchestra - The Great Learning (Paragraph 1)
youtube.com/watch?v=2k1m1ITcljM

I say "music" because avant-garde works are not music in the typical sense most normies would understand it. They're often exploratory and conceptual in nature, typically driven by a philosophy or set of parameters rather than trying to create something pleasant or enjoyable. The pieces are (usually) intended to be intellectually stimulating rather than emotionally stimulating.

The stuff I have linked here is all 20th-century stuff. I don't know any 21st-century avant-garde because I largely dislike avant-garde music.

Anyone who thinks that listening to classical, avant-garde or any type of music means you have a higher IQ or intelligence is a pretentious retard.

Intelligent people don't like Radiohead. Maybe intelligent 14 year olds.

A true intellectual does not have time for such trivial pop music. We prefer stuff like Steve Reich, Morton Feldman, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, the list goes on...

they're good when you stop obsessing over image and what other people like

only overrated by those who anyone who's into music wouldn't respect or seek out the opinion of anyway

>magnum opii
Why are Americans so fucking retarded? Holy shit

why does this thread come up so often? fuck off. wow you've seen some youtube videos of musique concrete you truly are the most enlightened 17 year old on earth and your opinions on one of the most influential bands of the 2000s is really gonna change some minds

A twue intewwectuaw dud not haf time fow such twivial pop muwsic. We pwefew stuss wike Steeb Weich, Mowton Fewdman, Gewogewigegege, Coiw, Fwobbing Gwistle, Whitehow, Nuwse wiv Wound, Einstüwzende Nwwbwwten, Bwainbombs, Egow Letov, Deaf in Dune, Cuwwent 93, Wa Monte Wound, Moondod, Wou Hawwison, Henwy Coweww, Luidi Wussowo, Popow Wuh, Fissmans, de wist gwows on

whoever made this thread is doing gods work ty for carrying the torch

together we will reclaim Sup Forums from reddit

So I lack intelligence because I listen to trivial pop music when I'm at dance class? Ok then

Yeah, retard.
Listen to real patrician music.

>Fishmans

Fuck out of here with that shitty surface level ambient for people that don't want to commit to real ambient.

Wow, you seem... sort of upset?

Quick reminder that literally no one believes Radiohead is avant garde.

Have fun mocking these made up people though. Whatever makes your pee pee hard.

>Quick reminder that literally no one believes Radiohead is avant garde.
Nobody will admit to it, or say it, because they know they'll be laughed at... but trust me, they think it

>all these butthurt reddit indie babies itt (in this thread)
the doctor is in

No, you lack intelligence because you go to dance class

Also T

I'm not against Radiohead or their fans, but it is silly to make up a fake conversation where you make the person you are arguing with answer with stupid answers you made up, even if they have "stupid" opinions

>posts nazi, white supremacist music
>intelligent

>Literally no one says they're avant garde
>but trust me, they think it

Exactly. What's your point?

That you have no reason to think that.

Explain or fuck off.

*Tips fedora

I've seriously never seen anyone ever claim Radiohead are avant-garde besides people who dissent on Radiohead fans.

Wait a minute.. This is a troll thread, isn't it!? Not again!

probably because you're only 15 ....*sigh*

How? For a few years they were one of the biggest bands in the world. I've never met one person who've said they've never heard of Radiohead.